Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Where´s the bliss?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  10:59:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

When I practiced DM in 2004 I experienced bliss. Since I have re-started my DM I felt the bliss at the onset but none of it since. No real feel good anything but I am much more calm.

Is it just too early (one month) and I have a lot of obstruction
to clean? I long for the bliss and all that feel good stuff!

Thanks,
nirmal

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  12:03:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It can be frustrating when we long for some of the high points we've experienced before. I think we've all been there. It sounds like you're just continuing on with the rythym of your daily practices, which is good...
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  4:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Georgia and welcome to the forums,

it's a very long run we are undertaking with meditation. Be patient and grateful for every sit you can complete, because it often doesn't feel very pleasant when rapid purification happens. But purification is what brings you closer to your goal. Your inner guru knows best what you need every particular sit.
For several moths I'm getting often strong spasms, kriyas and even pain in my neck during DM. Sometimes I have to press it hard and scream. I'm tired of it and wish it would come to an end soon. But I know I have to be brave and fight. It's just the way crap abandons my nervous system...

But over the long term, inner silence grows inside, you know.

All the best

Edited by - mimirom on Jun 27 2009 5:10:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  5:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the posts above.
I think the feel good stuff can often be an illusion. The calm you feel is the real goal.
It's like banging your head against the wall for years, then suddenly stopping. You will feel GREAT for a short time. But that great feeling was a contrast to something negative, the banging. So it is not anything worth longing for. We need to get used to how wonderful the quiet is. I think maybe this tunes your mind into more subtle things that can be at least as good, but they are nothing like the original change, so longing for that is a distraction.
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  06:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Getting too concerned over the bliss can also distract you from your daily life.

Also there is the chance with 'chasing bliss' that one 'represses feelings' of a non-blissful nature. The path is one of acceptance in each moment.

Edited by - Jack on Jun 28 2009 06:07:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  8:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello nirmal,

I echo what the others have said.

quote:
Originally posted by nirmal

Is it just too early (one month) and I have a lot of obstruction
to clean?

Possibly, yes. One month is a short period of time. Your nervous system might not even be fully accustomed to the I AM mantra after one month.

The bliss is great, but it's not everything. It comes and goes. I don't even get that much of it, and I've been doing AYP for a few years. But I had tons of obstructions from 15-20 years of being a complete scumbag.

Finding yourself is the greatest benefit of this practice. The bliss will come when it comes, and go when it goes. But the Self remains.

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  12:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So does bliss ever become stable or mostly stable?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  12:39:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Drew, speaking for myself it's an on and off thing but speaking for those who are stable in the true self it is more than stable it is our true nature revealed and unshaken by anything.

and guess what we are experiencing it now but we just don't see it; if only we could clean those glasses quick enough.

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  09:13:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

hi Drew, speaking for myself it's an on and off thing but speaking for those who are stable in the true self it is more than stable it is our true nature revealed and unshaken by anything.

and guess what we are experiencing it now but we just don't see it; if only we could clean those glasses quick enough.

namaste,

Ananda

Maybe better to drop the whole glasses?...!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  09:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
beautiful Christina, and that will happen in it's own time when we are ripe enough.

and wowy how much dropping into stillness i did and still am with only experiences and glimpses of the real deal as a result and the attachment to these as well i've dropped and at one stage even the real deal must be dropped as well for we must seize doing (in this case dropping) and be consumed by the divine totally in every action and in every word.

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

JDas

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  8:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit JDas's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi. I think the bliss is always there. Just that stuff gets in the way? And I think it's counter-productive to have expectations. Me myself, I've been waiting for the opening of the third eye even tho I don't know that that is or how it will manifest itself. I had been thinking it would produce some sort of vision like the other two eyes, but now I'm thinking I'm being a little specific and probably it's quite something else. I've been feeling a bit of pressure in that area I think, but I don't know. I am trying to leave out expectations and just focus on that area and let the chips fall where they may.

quote:
Originally posted by crazymandrew

So does bliss ever become stable or mostly stable?

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  04:04:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

beautiful Christina, and that will happen in it's own time when we are ripe enough.

and wowy how much dropping into stillness i did and still am with only experiences and glimpses of the real deal as a result and the attachment to these as well i've dropped and at one stage even the real deal must be dropped as well for we must seize doing (in this case dropping) and be consumed by the divine totally in every action and in every word.

namaste,

Ananda

All about the journey, sometimes we forget to look out of the window on this journey and instead fret over what we imagine we have left behind and what we imagine the destination will be like. The destination will only be exactly what the journey is, no more, no less, where we have been is the same as where we are going to. We are what we are and we are that.

Accepting that you are already is the tricky part any feelings of change are simply the mind tricking you that you are moving towards or away from something. DM is simply a way of getting to the truth of that which you truly are, the rest is just a movie on the screen of your conciousness.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  09:10:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thks Karl.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000