Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Feeling sleepy after meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  04:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namasthe,

Yesterday Since it was Mahasivarathiri(Shiva's night) I thought I would meditate at night and be awake the whole night but it turned the other way around..I slept even much earlier than I usually sleep.

When I did my meditation I felt good and yesterday I felt cool currents in my body and 'hot and sweat' has somehow stopped but after the meditation instead of feeling fresh I felt very tired and that I just wanna lay down and sleep.

The question here is: 1) Is that normal to feel tired and sleepy after meditation(but yesterday meditation was much longer 1hr or something)

2)Today behind my head i feel kind of itching and ticklish feeling and on the third eye also.

Mostly here its advised not to concentrate on head but this feeling iam having it is something i just avoid(but not crown but behind the head)

So is this normal or do I have to self space a little.Considering self spacing i am not doing twice as mentioned just once a day.

Thanks in advance for all help

Love and Light
Viji

Yogi Bare

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  01:18:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yogi Bare's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Vijikr.

1. In regards to feeling tired after meditation, I have had similar experiences. I believe that what happens is that although you might usually be able to convince your body that you are not tired, once you meditate you establish such a connection with your body that you cannot deny it the rest it wants. You should see if there is a connection between you needing rest and being tired after meditation.

2. As far as your third eye itching, I personally haven't found reason to worry about ticklish feelings, heat, or cold, unless it grows into pain or mental anguish. I would just try to keep a pace that allows you to continue feeling what you are feeling now, but that does not lead it to grow into negative feelings.

Let me know how your experiences progress and whether or not my advice has been helpful to you or not.

Peace.

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  6:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi yogibare,

Thanks and your info did help me.Yes self spacing did help me a lot.Well other than that its going fine.only thing is I must commit to doing twice a day sadhana which Iam not good at.I hope I could do that.

Love and Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  01:00:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Yogi Bare to the forum. We're glad you're here.

Hi Viji. I've had the same thing happen a handful of times too, but not many. I mean being tired or sleepy after meditation. For me it isn't normal, but the few times it has happened, I just set my alarm clock and gave in to the need for rest. I'd sleep or rest a half hour and then get up feeling peaceful and with energy. That seems to work for me anyway.

I can't comment on the ticklish or itchy first eye or behind the head. I haven't experienced that ever.

Light and Love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000