Spiritual Revolution?Diksha with Bhagavan and Amma
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  2:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I went to a 10 dollar yoga class once, the woman seemed very into her practices. I'm assuming my crown opened up when she did this psychic healing at the very end of the class. My entire head started to comfortably throb. The muscles on my forehead began to spasm on their own accord. Afterwards she said that I was one who could open his crown and should commit myself to practicing yoga, which I had already been for some time.

Just gaining the nerve to 'let go' of 5000 dollars, through desperation or conscious impulse to the center, is itself in my opinion a cathartic experience. After paying you are mixed in with very high vibrations, group think mentalities, vast amounts of useful knowledge, loving support from those around you. All the conditions for development are there, and this is how it works. Life arranges opportunities for awakening in just about any human circumstance.

In a world that uses money as means to exchange energy, I would liken 5000 dollars for many people as a trip up a mountain, or a long journey into the wilderness in order to see a spiritual healer. The 5000 dollar comes from hard labor, either way. Mentally detaching yourself from the money for the sole/soul purpose of finding balance would already be an act of an open mind or the very beginning stages.

When you have committed this much of your energy, 5000, which varies person to person depending on the circumstances it was earned, I imagine the ego would not be able to stop itself from being withdrawn. You are very much thrusting yourself into the unknown, with god, and surrendering to whatever truth the universe gives you.

This isn't to take away from the legitimacy of energy transfer from person to person, but I think how we attribute cause can be tricky.

Pain, devotion, pleasure, joy, can all be forms of currency. Even though money is involved, we purchase our awakening through various means.

Edited by - Kyman on Oct 14 2007 3:57:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  8:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jillie,

Thank you for the useful feedback and welcome to the fourm.

A
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  9:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kyman, all of the things you said about the cathartic experience of letting go of $5000 are true. But later, if you consider the recipient unworthy, and feel you were conned, you could have regrets.

I don't find Bhagavan and Amma convincing as worthy recipients of my money anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Gnosis

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  9:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gnosis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have read a decent amount of articles on the whole deeksha process, it seems quite interesting. There are people who have claimed to become enlightened by it, but they are pretty scarce. Anything that helps is great I suppose. Possibly deeksha is like pranayama or qigong. By doing it once there are felt benefits, but it takes daily work to make it happen, although daily deeksha would be quite expensive to pay for.

However I personally feel that 5,500 is a bit ridiculous, I meant if you get deeksha you can facilitate it for a small price fo 12-25 bucks and get your money back eventually, but the 5500 is out of the reach of most neophytes. Deeksha works, and has since the beginning of it's use, but that price is ridiculous. That is like paying 2500 for transcendental meditationm which also works but is quite expensive. If any of you are interested in serious long lasting deeksha, check out the siddha yoga and go to a shaktipat intensive. Shaktipat lasts forever and it's only like 170 for 24 and under and 500 for 25 and older.

I am gonna be attending one on oct. 27th this year, I will divulge my experience afterwards. The only benefits to deeksha is that you can give the energy to others, but if it's short lived then it's a waste to them,but if it starts someone on their path to higher discovery then the spark of deeksha has served its purpose I suppose.

There is another process similar to deeksh called ilahinoor, deeksha is likened to an electric energy where ilahinoor is more magnetic in nature. Deeksha supposedly works on the crown chakra, while ilahinoor works on the solar chakra. Ilhanoor is also free.

http://goldenwind.net/en/home-e.html

Here is a link on ilahinoor also spelled ilahinur.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  10:22:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

Kyman, all of the things you said about the cathartic experience of letting go of $5000 are true. But later, if you consider the recipient unworthy, and feel you were conned, you could have regrets.

I don't find Bhagavan and Amma convincing as worthy recipients of my money anyway.

I agree, and a person realizing they were conned might be their greatest cathartic experience of all.

If I had plenty of money I might very well do it, just like any other method.

This is probably the proper version of the evangelical 'grab someone's forehead and thrust them onto the ground' method. You do something that shakes the person lose from their familiarity, and naturally it becomes a cathartic experience. Unlike the quick version, this one comes along with everything else that would deepen the healing experience.

The entire thing is a context where vibrations can link together and then exchange the pieces of information that will make them more complete. The mind has this elaborate characterization of the whole process. It is always being swept along by the energy, and it tries very hard to conceptualize it into a working model for the mind to operate within. It might not matter at all 'why' a person shows up to one of these events, just that they show up and the energy exchanges occur. We always end up where we are going.

Edited by - Kyman on Oct 14 2007 10:37:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Gnosis

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  10:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gnosis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you want real diksha, check out the siddha yoga foundation, and go to a shaktipat intensive.

It's worth it, and a lot cheaper. I just got my today. Worth every penny.
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  5:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i been thinking about doing deeksha for a while now. subsequently i had a dream about it just the other night. in the dream there was this lady who was giving it out to people on the street. first she gave it to my hand which gave off a very vivid tingling sensation in my hand. Then she did it to my head and i had another although less vivd sensation in my head.

i just found a weekly deeksha place to go to thats not to far away from where i live. i'll make sure i report back to here once i've done it a couple of times.

seeya
Go to Top of Page

lorf

48 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  6:18:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit lorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For several years I refused to take diksha. When I finally did take it ( six in a row) a couple of months ago it was no big deal, just like an injection with energy of a rather high frequency. I had to do some work to restore my connection with the Earth the next day though. It'll be interesting to see if you have the same experience.

lorf
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  01:49:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No such thing as enlightnement for $5000. If in the unlikely event you did get enlightened from such an energy transfer then you would have been on the verge of enlightenment in the first place (through great effort in past and present lives).

I've watched some of Bhagavan and Amma's videos on youtube and didn't feel any connection at all. Something about this couple doesn't feel right at all.

Edited by - Chiron on Nov 05 2007 02:59:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  5:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i did the deeksha last sunday. i felt really happy afterwards but that's about it. i'll be reporting my experiences here after everytime. hopefully something cool will happen that i can share.

i checked out one video of this guy as well and i didn't like it that much either. i also read some of his writings. i think what people like is his apparent confidence in what he says. at least thats what i sensed. he keeps on saying things like enlightenment is oging beyond the mind. too simplistic for me.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  6:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
In my understanding Diksha is simply giving one's personal energy to another.It's not the same as shaktipat which awakens the Kundalini.I have read a lot of bad reports about these people, many have given up a lot of money only to find out the claims they were making were not true.
If it was possible to get enlightenment so easily don't you think Yogani and many others would be out of a job?
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  06:05:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So, I have some more observations and thoughts on deeksha. First, lets get clear about what I am talking about... I am talking solely about the deeksha taught from Baghavan and Amma during the 21 days down in India. The energy is claimed to be "specially designed" to work on the neurological development in the frontal lobes. During the festival I questioned many deeksha people about what it felt like and they confirmed the concentration of energies in the frontal lobes and many spoke of the bright light and bliss coming.

My intuitive feeling is immediately: How can you "specially design" an energy? What would that special design do that Pure Stillness don't already do? It tells me there's some impurities there... a mind must have been there manipulating what's already pure...

I have always felt nausea and yucky feelings when being around deeksha energy. It's a distinct form of energy that I recognize instantly. It's 3 dm above the head, a fuzzing kind of intense energy with a type of thickness to it. I have tried "protecting" myself against it with visualizing white light around me etc etc... nothing has worked. Now I felt it coming at one occasion during the festival and I just thought:

Stillness overrules deeksha!

And I said: "I AM" and this instant beam of bright light shot up from my head (or was it down? don't know), through the fuzzy blob of deeksha energy... and it just dissolved... just evaporated and the nausea was gone.

Then my beloved told me "look at how they move, the deeksha people". I started to watch them more closely... In general they had very bad skin, acne and rashes. They also had very jerky (?) movements, stiff and imbalanced. Did not seem very harmonic at all. Now, I can think of many reasons for that. If it is only high frequent energies they download, they might be suffering from severe cleansing symptoms - similar to our overload symptoms creating tensions and rashes... or... they might be missing something very important:

There's nobody out there that can do the job for you!

If they rely on someone giving them God consciousness through deeksha, they might very well be suppressing much of their own darkness in a belief they don't have any darkness anylonger since they are now so full of divine light... It might be the biggest trick in the world, actually keeping people from real progress, delaying the journey... The suppressed darkness would then cause a lot of internal turmoil expressing as stiffness etc...

Not even one of the main figures in Sweden seemed to be anything else but a person pretending to be beyond her evolution... full of tension and living on a divine image which didn't feel True in any way. I felt so much pain oozing from her...

And... there seems to be a very firm agenda behind this deeksha movement. IMHO they are not acting according to spiritual ethics - they push deeksha on people without asking! It has happened with me so many times now that I see a pattern in this. It's as if they want to give it to as many as possible possibly out of some feeling of generousity, so they start burning deeksha energies in public gatherings without asking. At the festival one of the main figures (Kiara Windrider) did it again... They usually announced clearly on the schedule which sessions that would include deeksha. Then one session was announced to only be a speach about the future... 2012. People went there in curiosity, but got surprised when the lecture suddenly included a deeksha giving without any asking if it was ok with the audience... There is definitely something about this Baghavan & Amma movement that is weird. They also invite the "big names" for free. Anthony Robbins and similar people get the 21 days for free and then of course go out promoting it since bright light is always very enchanting.

I don't doubt some people gain a lot from deeksha. It is wonderful to receive high frequent energies. As for me, I'm getting less and less afraid of deeksha now that I know I can dissolve the energies easily, but also more and more convinced it's not a very productive practice. And I'd be very curious to know how this energy is "specially designed" and by who...
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  10:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It seems that diksha works with some people and not others according to their level of spiritual development and karma. Then maybe sceptical persons don't get it either. That would be me!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000