Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Kirtanman's "Kirtan & Conscious Music" on IMEEM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  5:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hey All,

Per my ... somewhat enthusiastic .. .. promotion of "conscious music" here at the forum in recent times, I've put together a collection of some of the songs I love and find most inspirational and enjoyable, in several languages, and from several genres, at:

http://www.imeem.com/kirtanman

Playlists Include:

Kirtan/Yogic Rock

26 of the exact songs that *really* ignite my bhakti, and caused me to take the online moniker of "Kirtanman" -- lyrics almost entirely in Sanskrit. <- Almost every song has lyrics that are solely comprised of Sanskrit mantra, with contemporary pop-rock music and vocals.

Kabbalah Rocks

Same as above (conscious, contemporary vibe, devotional lyrics), except in Hebrew and English; 11 songs currently.

Sufi Rock

Same as above, except in Persian; 5 songs currently.

Sarvakirtana

"Global Kirtan" -- only 2 songs so far; this playlist will include kirtan and bhajans that are more traditional, as well as devotional songs that don't easily fit into the other playlists/categories. Includes The Lord's Prayer in the original Aramaic .... which radiates a vibe that for me, at least, doesn't feel the same in 17th century English. <- "Highly recommended"! .. along with the traditional version of Shivo'ham -- the "rock" version of the same song is on the main Kirtan/Yogic Rock playlist.

EnLIVEnment

Some of my favorite LIVE songs, and among those with lyrics I find most beautiful and/or enlightening; 16 songs currently.

Conscious Music

Some of my favorite contemporary songs with a conscious "vibe" and/or lyrics; 13 songs currently.

And, per IMEEM's audio-only format, it's all a lot faster/easier than YouTube, when you just want to hear audio-only.

I'll be adding a "Spoken Teaching" playlist shortly ... including AYP, of course, once AYP audio files are available (I have a link back to AYP in my profile, there .. and a link to IMEEM in my profile, here.)

Enjoy!

Heart is Where the AUM is, and AUM *is* Singing!

Kirtanman

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  5:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love it! Thanks for sharing Kirtanman! Love the Yogic Rock playlist! Perfect.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jun 18 2009 5:22:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

seeking_bryan

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  12:13:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit seeking_bryan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is great. I'd like to add the CONSCIOUS MUSIC BAND "Here II Here" ..... they've performed with the Dalai Lama's Spiritual Advisor, REv Michael Beckwith, Byron Katie ... at Yoga Studios all over. They're amazing.

www.hereiihere.com/musicplayer

Listen to HOLY. It's amazing. (a live video at agape is at www.hereiihere.tv)

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000