Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Jason Mraz
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  08:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I know this could be in the music section, anyways. His lyrics and the words he speaks seem to be pretty much along the lines of enlightenment
here, now, making the most of it, living in love of what is.

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  11:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As they say elsewhere on the Web these days ... "Co-sign"!

Jason is quite awake, a good majority of the time (<- and I'm not evaluating his attainment, as much as I'm honoring his humanity -- Dude is *utterly* authentic -- including in his moments of beautifully-transparent doubt.)

He's a pot-smoking, meditation-and-yoga-practicing, jazz-loving, word-riffing, hat-collecting, life-intuiting shy kid from Virginia .... and he wanted to make it in music ... so he positioned himself accordingly ..... as a pot-smoking, meditation-and-yoga-practicing, jazz-loving, word-riffing, hat-collecting, life-intuiting shy kid from Virginia.

His first hit was a song called "Remedy" - which he wrote for his best friend, who was dying of cancer -- until he was not-dying of non-cancer (I'm not sure who's more inspirational ... Jason or his friend .... you tell me!)

An then there's I'm Yours .... one of the coolest little love songs to one's Beloved and/or The Beloved, ever written .... including the thinly-veiled khechari mudra references ... <-- "I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror" & "open up your heart and find the sky is yours" <- "khechari" literally translates as "sky-traveler" ---- these are admittedly not exactly standard love-song lines .....!

Jason Mraz is consummately inspirational; what he's doing is potentially enlightening - for him, for everyone he connnects with; for all.

Jason Mraz is just a guy.

Just a regular person.

He's a sage.

He's human.

Just like you.

Just like me.

Just like all of us.

We're all who we are .... some of us are just being who we are, more publicly -- and inspiring those of us who are being who we are, not as publicly.

It's not the "publicly" part that matters.

It's the authenticity.

As Adyashanti's teacher, Arvis Justi said:

"Only the phonies don't get enlightened."

.... & my hat's off to the Man Who Loves Hats ("Mr. A-Z") - as a shining example of non-phony humanity.

Heart Is Where The AUM Is!

Kirtanman

PS- If anyone has wondered at my tag line above, I should maybe mention that "Heart" in Sanskrit is "Hrdayam" - from Hrd- Center, and Ayam- This ... Heart is the Center of This -- This Connection ..... Subject-Object, Lover-Beloved, Emptiness-Form, Words-Written/Words-Read .... the union that is yoga is only here, infinitely -- only now, eternally.

Jason Mraz. Yogani. You. Me. All of us.

Open to it - it ONLY happens here and now; aware emptiness and form reflected in awareness .... the combination of which is All That Is .. happens in *One* known configuration: humans being.

Whether you know it or don't know it you are it so you might as well start loving it.

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jun 18 2009 11:40:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  03:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hehe, khechari, ha?? Awesome

I heard this song on the radio and it immediately fired up my bhakti, although I never knew that it was to THE Beloved..
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  3:35:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In his song "I'm yours" Jason sings, "and it's our god-forsaken right to be loved loved loved loved *Love*"

I had to listen closely but at the last Love he doesn't say a "d" at the end.

I think this is pretty enlightened..

Love
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  6:53:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yonatan

In his song "I'm yours" Jason sings, "and it's our god-forsaken right to be loved loved loved loved *Love*"

I had to listen closely but at the last Love he doesn't say a "d" at the end.

I think this is pretty enlightened..

Love

He's changed it a little .......... and it's changing everyone .... .... even more enlightened, I'd say.

PS- In this version, he says "loved", but I've heard it as "love", too (it "works" both ways ....) .... but he has at least one other lyric-change that I found to be pretty awesome ... (hint: another part of the line you mention above, Yonatan ....).

Edited by - Kirtanman on May 29 2010 7:02:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  03:49:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome Kirtanman!!! :D
Go to Top of Page

shervin

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  01:40:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi, this is my first post. this is one of the subjects i can relate to so far and seem to have an opinion on. Mraz's style (for me) is a little light. My vote on the enlightenment-sounding lyrics from rock/pop genre would be Love & Rockets. i know appreciation in the arts even along the lines of "enlightenment" is purely subjective. but as far as modern rock (80's - present)goes, these guys do it for me. check out tracks "Haunted", "No New Tale to Tell", oh yeah, and "Express Kundalini".

excerpt from "No New Tale to Tell": you cannot go against Nature, because when u do, go against Nature, is part of Nature too...

cheers
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  10:30:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by shervin

hi, this is my first post. this is one of the subjects i can relate to so far and seem to have an opinion on. Mraz's style (for me) is a little light. My vote on the enlightenment-sounding lyrics from rock/pop genre would be Love & Rockets. i know appreciation in the arts even along the lines of "enlightenment" is purely subjective. but as far as modern rock (80's - present)goes, these guys do it for me. check out tracks "Haunted", "No New Tale to Tell", oh yeah, and "Express Kundalini".

excerpt from "No New Tale to Tell": you cannot go against Nature, because when u do, go against Nature, is part of Nature too...

cheers

Thanks, Shervin - and welcome to the AYP Forum!

I'll check out Love & Rockets (I used to get them confused w/Guns N Roses, based on the names, when GnR first came out, in the late 80s).

For "enlightened lyrics" - check out some of my posts on LIVE, if you don't know their stuff; sample lyric from their song Run To The Water - "Recognize it all as light and rainbows, and be happy."

(One of many lines I could have selected; hence the link above; the entire song is awesome, indicators-of-truth wise.)

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Aug 06 2010 10:31:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

shervin

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2010 :  02:25:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
greetings K-man, thanks for the welcome and for the link. got one for u as well... on youtube, look up L&R's "I Feel Speed". nice vid and song, though perhaps it should have been named "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Riding"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000