Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Science and religion..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wivked

Azerbaijan
19 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  12:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit wivked's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi there--

i have a question about science and religion..

can logica explain everything,,
does logica has an opposite..

And why does big part believe in a personal god=

Is the big bang theory the answer how the universum is created
or is there a other thing..

why do atheist deny intuition=

thx

sorry for english .

wivked

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  5:16:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wivked

hi there--

wivked

Personally I believe no, logic cannot explain everything. My belief is that existence is beyond logic So what if the big bang theory was true, what makes that possible is beyond logic
opposite of logic? anything logic cannot explain.
Go to Top of Page

wivked

Azerbaijan
19 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  02:37:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit wivked's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi thx for reply.

Isnt the big bang theory related with logic?
They made the big bang theory using their logic..,

so i dont think the big bang theory is correct..,

maybe there is something else..
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  09:08:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, logic can "explain" everything. But, note that logic can only be applied to real things. In the question "Is x=6?", the answer can only be given if 'x' is given an actual value. For everything else there is religion, philosophy, poetry, and faith.

Same thing for the Scientific Method. However, there is another mode of 'knowing', a direct route. But, since it cannot be verified (no one has taken Amazing Randi up on his offer), not much can be said about it, just regurgitation of old books on yoga. If it does exist (and I think it does), does it follow logic or does it wormhole thru causality and ordinary mind-set?

A good book on trans-logic is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow...onsciousness

Be careful of what you interpret as the Big Bang. It is more than just a start of the world, but also of space-time. Very confusing. Are there better theories, sure. Even religous ideas are good enough; its what makes you feel complete that matters. Eventually, if not interfered with, those who study these things will come up with even better theories. My self, I believe the world is created anew in every moment. Religious creation ideas are alienating: God did his business and gone away. Kind of like many absentee fathers, wham bang thank you ma'm.

quote:
Originally posted by wivked

hi there--

i have a question about science and religion..

And why does big part believe in a personal god=

Is the big bang theory the answer how the universum is created
or is there a other thing..

why do atheist deny intuition=

thx

sorry for english .

wivked

Go to Top of Page

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  09:36:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think problems arise only when we try either to reconcile science and religion, or use one to disprove the other. Science and religion are two completely different areas of our experience. Science explains the material to us, religion tries to explain that which is formless. Personally, I don't want my scientists dabbling in religion, or my spiritual guides mucking about with science. As Christ said, "Render unto Caesar..."

I understand Ma instinctively, intuitively, with my (gulp) soul - something that both scientists and priests have been trying, with complete lack of success, to prove the existence of since humans first put flowers on the dead bodies of their loved ones. I'm actively repelled by attempts to explain Ma by science, AND by religion.

On the other hand, even my thick-headed attempt to grasp quantum physics seem to lead me straight away to non-dual spirituality...

Forget the orthodox, embrace the paradox!

Love!

g
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  4:20:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ultimately, no matter what the physicists or mathmeticians prove, the big questions still remain as profound and implacable as ever and like a small child you forever have to ask why? and what?

I remember reading somewhere (I have looked for the article on the internet and never found it again)that during mans history Angels seperated religion from science in an attempt to cover the truth. Now, how you interpret that is obvioulsly open to conjecture, but it is interesting that Quantum physics sits on the fence between science and religion. Infact many latter day theorists from all walks of science have begun to look at a combination to provide answers.

Of course the real question and answer is not to be found 'out there somewhere' it's far closer to home.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000