AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Don't forget to........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  8:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Enjoy the journey!

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  9:35:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So true Akasha.

People get so caught up in destination that they forget to enjoy the journey.

Something I had written in 2006
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....C_ID=985#985
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Last night I was thinking of something.. last year.. I was focused on my destination.. there was nothing I wanted more. This year.. I still hope to reach my destination.. but, nobody ever told me that the journey itself would be so beautiful. There is no book I have read that tells you about the journey.. just the destination... This beautiful journey has its downs, but each down just opens a new door.. it is no longer a search for me.. I am no longer looking for an answer.. somehow I am at peace.. somehow I know I am at the right place.. with the right people.

Thank you for the reminder and thank you for sharing your journey with us.
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  11:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti,

reading that thread resonated deeply. thoughts such as ----
-'imagine how long and loney this path would be without yogani and this forum'.
& -'being able to share on a forum like this without judgement, over-reacting or ignoring etc.'

there is here inclusivity and freedom , love and support, clear directions provided, to attain God-consciousness

i had to fight tears welling up in my eyes readin your posts,realising i was not alone.- i had found a considerably exapnaded toolbox in my case ,and many peices of the puzzle,auch as how all the limbs and yogas interesect in life as in yoga( when i jstarted out on this journey with hatha & raja yoga, the bhagavad ghita on reading thee first time was interesting but when it said you need the 4- karma,jnana,bhakti and raja- i had little idea what they really meant, how it could be acheived- like how to integrate, apply, so this felt a litle fanciful,like poetic license, and inaccessible.although i had been getting glimpses of the divine in all,it all fell away as i tried to proceed too quickly too soon once i began ,in automatic-yoga terms, uddiyana bhandha,ujjayi and single-point cooncentration of mind. i hardly knew one had to dissolve ego completely. and now i know now that to say awaken kundalini one especilly needs the yamas and niyamas( no to mention half a dozen yogas carefully follwoed dilligently with guidance), and a level of moral & physical purity otherwise one could come cropper.

but the way here is just so safe and pregressive takes into account self-pacing.( i might have avoided my tumble)

i really don't see how you can get very far with just a yoga here and there.

as i say i could relate to everything said in that thread. Imagine trying to make headway in the path without ayp- (or 'imagine not knowing you had to go through all this stuff' etc)i would'nt have gone through this stuff, say for example that first cycle with DM( scepticism,ego and resitance would have fought their way in), and probably would have quit like you suggest. yeah that all rings true. h=sharing it with others here who have been thre too maks this place special and v. powerful. If there's just 1oo hundred people having ventured down a giveen path, the least is if the sign=posts are bolted on the right way. Ayp- to the land of oz and back.

the openenss,inclusivity and free love found here(this forum) is a reflection on ayp (the fact that it works).i am looking foward to sharing more of my arrival here with you and all. ,and will be here for some time hence exploring it's full range.

i'm just going to sip on my palm-treed yogic pina colade for now, as i swing on my hammock and think of the stars.....

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz..............Lazy days........

Love Akasha.
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  12:28:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When you wrote that thread in 2006 i was myself 2 months into discovering the joys of hatha yoga(jan.06) , and having just tapered off a methadone script (co-incidentally)few weeks prior to starting out ,as luck ,or karma perahps,would have it.that was a fun time.

i was doing asanas religiously ,above this rowdy pub in glasgow,uk. but by novemebr,2006, my practice crashed after some nervous sytem changes( i know that now) that never quite stuck. it should have been gradual and smooth but my sytem could'nt accommodate over the month the automatic yoga started kicking in.

long story short--- i've been finding my waay back ever since - 2.5 years ago. I had saw this site before but i thought meditation was, as 'jim and his karma ' put it, ( also imagined) the icing on the cake, something only advanced yogi's did,after they had practices rigourously and reached a certain level. I never knew meditation, the inner life, is the heart and soul of yoga.

i am coming round to looking at it this way- if you start off with a comprehensive sytem- the bed=rock of ayp then yourr journey onwards is much better-equipped,especially when you run int difficulties as i did early on. i was almost ready but i tripped up.maybe my ego pulled me in just as my momentum was buidling. i felt like miguel put it to anadatadava( though he said he wished to fly together) like i could literally fly.... Take off, away from the mortal sufferings and time bound constraints of the world as wel usualy knw and experience it. I did feel this was doorway-yoga, a set of keys, to the infinte, the divine through liberation.

It's good to feel i am back on a path again,and a very re-asuring one with yogani at the helm....sorry me , and i feel more and more i can kick back and enjoy the journey once more agin know that it will all work out as it will. as a divine dream..... a passageway to the one,the divine.

Just puting some perspective on where i began here in the context of your thread. connecting with other like-minded folk to absorb their wisdom and the great yoga offered here is a very lucky opportunity indeed.

i don't feel it's been easy along the way, but i increasingly feel the grace of God may be intervening and curious mixture of circumstance have now brough me here and i am grateful for that.

it is the dawning what one has in one's self- and thinking just thinking hey maybe i have found it.

love Akasha.

Edited by - Akasha on Jun 13 2009 8:18:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  5:43:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
actually when i first encountered this site a few years ago i thought this was for folk who had mastered the first 4 limbs.

so when i crashed, or fell off the wagon so to speak, i thought uh..oh..i'm gonna have to go back to the beginning again. but i am concluding all the limbs need addressed together in order to make progres here.( though some describe them as steps) and having tried out these power tools yogani offers here..i realise yes this is the real yoga,( the undiluted authentic and powerful stuff), which will really pentrate through to the deeper-most sheaths/koshas- the mind,the subtle bodies,the breath and the bliss-self etc

now i'm seeing it this way- that the foundations need dealt with . but many folk possibly lack the awareness and experience for dealing with subtleties of the mind and beyond( most pple are took caught up in their sense of a waking,& often doing, reality.) it has to be exeprienced . their entry point is what they can relate to & identify with most( though even they can be divorced from that)- the physical body. some might start off doing asana,then through changing who they think they are be led by hand to explore mind and beyond consiousness ,and be led to an exploration of their true nature,their true self.

meditation is the heart and soul of yoga. it is not a nice add on done at the end or the icing on the cake, as i once erroneously and naively imagined. but at that stage of my journey & experience , i lacked the wisdom and discerment to understand why this is so. having started readiing yogani's writings and appying the tools some of that ignorance about ashtanga yoga and all the yogas, branches and schoold out there, the clouds, and it's interconnectedness . it's let's just say all kinda making abit more sense- the bigger picture.

why are so many palmed off with a dilution of yoga?-because most lack an appreciation and experience of it's truth?. and this can only be gained by themsevles, through self-effort,sefl-knowledge,self-realization. Others can only guide you and lead the way. as anandatadava saidyou are the only one that can take you there. why do many folk who iwsh to travel find it so ddifficult?-is it becuase the material world looms as a large distraction?, or they are not wise enough or their thirst is satiated?. most likely becuase they have their own truths. and who am I to say they don't have it and their truth is realler than anything else-

i do think all the limbs of yoga need addressed collectively to make significant inroads and forward strides, and one would profit from as many yogas as one can employ wisely and get.

the tools here offer us nice holds onto the rock face that is the edifice of yoga-we can begin climbing unimpeded. detours maybe along the way.

A.

Edited by - Akasha on Jun 13 2009 6:45:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  10:11:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing from the heart Akasha.
_/\_
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  11:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks shanti for listening to my,at times,possibly insane seeming ramblings.

Must shoot off and see my psychologist, now.

Edited by - Akasha on Jun 16 2009 11:23:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  1:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Confession here...I don't know how to enjoy the journey. I keep hearing people speak of this, but what I experience is:

confusion: questioning every decision I ever made in my life from religion to marriage to career

symptoms: purification headaches, tiredness, loose stool, odd energetic sensations

Inability to focus at work

wondering if my head if ever going to not feel numb along the brow

the solitude and inner loneliness

I've just got to assume that the journey gets much more enjoyable at some point along the way? Because this truly is not enjoyable. Of course, I do like that I am better able to see the needs of others. I do like that I feel more willing to love and serve others. I do like that I am becoming in touch with my feminine side. I do like that am becoming much less judgmental and more open minded. But overall, these seem like pockets of comfort amidst and ocean of pain and confusion.

Does everyone go through this on the way?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  1:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by solo

But overall, these seem like pockets of comfort amidst and ocean of pain and confusion.

Did you experience these pockets before you started this path?

quote:

We all do.. that is the way somehow.. we need to be lost in order to find the way.. the journey in the beginning is not fun.. but every opening keeps us going... and then when you start tasting the freedom more and more.. you will realize you would do it all over again for the blessing of that freedom.

The pockets you experience.. enjoy them.. they will get more frequent and be with you longer and longer. Just keep up with your practice.. you will experience this.

And BTW.. when you hit a point of a lot of confusion... that is when something is happening.. something is stirring within.. when you feel tired and defeated.. it's wonderful.. because after defeat comes surrender.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  1:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi solo,
thats the same situation here...ups and downs...
Its a balance,joy and tears. Howhever, we keep on,and its good...because lows remind us not to forget this world...and a new lesson must be learned.
keep on friend

Edited by - miguel on Jun 16 2009 2:00:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  2:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Confession here...I don't know how to enjoy the journey. I keep hearing people speak of this, but what I experience is:

confusion: questioning every decision I ever made in my life from religion to marriage to career

symptoms: purification headaches, tiredness, loose stool, odd energetic sensations

Inability to focus at work

wondering if my head if ever going to not feel numb along the brow

the solitude and inner loneliness

I've just got to assume that the journey gets much more enjoyable at some point along the way? Because this truly is not enjoyable. Of course, I do like that I am better able to see the needs of others. I do like that I feel more willing to love and serve others. I do like that I am becoming in touch with my feminine side. I do like that am becoming much less judgmental and more open minded. But overall, these seem like pockets of comfort amidst and ocean of pain and confusion.

go eat a candy bar
enjoy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000