Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Global consciousness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  10:05:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
18 months into my "awakening" I don't feel as if I have connected to any "universal consciousness". Though many spiritual people seem to talk about this topic. In fact, I have heard from a number of people that there is a rapid transformation of consciousness taking place on the global scale presently and that this shift in consciousness will be drastic in the next 15-20 years.

Do you tend to agree with this line of thinking? Also, if you do agree, how is it that you have come to this conslcusion?

I am not trying to argue or disagree with anyone. I just want to understand what I keep hearing others speak of.

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  12:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
According to some schools of thought, there are levels to awakenings. Even in the TM tradition (very pedestrian in some ways) there are multiple stages of enlightenment. Some of these stages embrace non-localized consciousness, "thou art that". Perhaps only then do you link up with Gaia or whatever.

Personally, I found the exact opposite: there is no other. Nothing. Only Me. Luckily I am now back to being my usual snot-nosed self, so I can enjoy the great things in this delusion, like SYTYCD. :)

Also, in the New Age blah blah every few years there is talk of a big deal happening in the world. I guess with all the Mayan calendar stuff and other things, something is coming down the pike. Maybe the Lizard alien overlords who used to be dinosaurs on earth are returning.

-- jo-self

Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  2:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jo-self

Maybe the Lizard alien overlords who used to be dinosaurs on earth are returning.
-- jo-self

I thought I posted on this,dinosaurs were mean when they ruled the earth so Karma has now turned them into little lizards, mostly under 6 inches in length.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000