Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Questions from a bystander
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  4:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I don't practice tantra, but I have read a little bit about it. I find the topic interesting. I have a few questions. I will preface this by saying that I have not read through the tantra lessons. So feel free to steer me to any that are appropriate.

1. Tantra means "woven together". Is this referring to the weaving together of the male and female energy that is already inside each of us? Or is this referring to the weaving together of 2 different people's energies? Both?

2. In a Kunlun Neigung document, I read about sharing your bliss with another (the document referred to this as a valley orgasm) through meditative practice and non sexual physical touch with another. I assume that this is a tantric practice or a variation of one?

3. A hindu friend of mine told me that tantra was banned in India for a time. But he did not explain why. Any insights?

I'd like to thank you in advance for your input!

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  6:05:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Solo,

quote:
A hindu friend of mine told me that tantra was banned in India for a time. But he did not explain why. Any insights?

Tantra has not always been looked upon in a good light in India. Many people do not understand what it is really about, and many myths have been circulated. There are hundreds of tantric practices, many which are not sexual, and some go against the ordinary customs of Indian society.

quote:
Tantra means "woven together". Is this referring to the weaving together of the male and female energy that is already inside each of us? Or is this referring to the weaving together of 2 different people's energies? Both?

Different people will give you different answers to this question... even different respected tantra teachers!

On one level, sexual tantra can be about the weaving together of two physical bodies. It is also about the balancing of the male and female energies within each human being which is the igniting of the kundalini fire, and the transformation brought about by the whole kundalini process.

Tantra proper, really goes beyond the kundalini process... and beyond sex... and takes us all the way to the perception of unity consciousness, to cosmic consciousness and to the subtle refinement of perception whereby everything is eventually seen as nothing other than the Divine (God consciousness). So the weaving together never really ends.

quote:
In a Kunlun Neigung document, I read about sharing your bliss with another (the document referred to this as a valley orgasm) through meditative practice and non sexual physical touch with another. I assume that this is a tantric practice or a variation of one?

This is done through a process called ecstatic radiance. Bliss is shared when the crown chakra in one partner is open and radiant through the prana rising up through the sushumna nadi and activates the crown chakra in the other person. In this way it is also possible to share ecstasy and divine love with another as well as bliss, all without sexual contact. It is a higher form of lovemaking that evolves through spiritual practice. It can be done with or without touch and you could say it is one aspect of advanced tantric lovemaking.

I would very much advise reading all the tantra lessons from the beginning if you are interested in the subject.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  8:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much Christi! I plan to read the tantra lessons, every one of them...eventually. Presently I haven't quite made my way through all the AYP lessons which I plan to do first.

In any case, I truly appreciate your insights.

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  12:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi, thanks for a brilliant reply! I second that!
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  10:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
bystander is just another name for Voyeur?
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  7:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by - Akasha on Jun 24 2009 8:32:22 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000