Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 I have a question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

silentdreamer

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  5:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit silentdreamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Earlier today i had my first meditation, After about 15 minutesi finally got the mind quiet and started to have swirly visions of black and white until a dark circle appeared and then began to open.It was as if i was being pushed and pulled into it, i was accepting of it but still nervous about the world i was being pulled in to. the circle got bigger and closer and began to absorb me and with it i was having intense sensations all over my body and my heart was racing with adrenaline. This feeling was scary but exciting at the same time, this experience just blew me away i have never even really meditated before and this was just so intense. I let it go on for about 30 secounds before i had to stop because it was just to much to soon. Can anyone relate? help me to understand what was happening?

Edited by - silentdreamer on Jun 02 2009 5:49:44 PM

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  6:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum, silentdreamer.
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  7:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It must be something in the stars. All these natural born mystics coming to the Path recently.

Welcome silentdreamer. Have you read the main lessons? It might help to understand there is nothing to worry about. Others here can relate. Just don't get frightened and run away. You would miss so much.

Love to all,
Jill
Go to Top of Page

silentdreamer

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  8:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit silentdreamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jillatay

It must be something in the stars. All these natural born mystics coming to the Path recently.

Welcome silentdreamer. Have you read the main lessons? It might help to understand there is nothing to worry about. Others here can relate. Just don't get frightened and run away. You would miss so much.

Love to all,
Jill

I have many things i would like to talk about with someone who could understand me. Unfortunetly everyone in my town thinks im a nut if i start talking about it. Espeacialy with the profession im in, i could lose my job if i started talking about what im feeling.
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  12:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is why forums like these are so wonderful. Even though we may live thousands off miles apart we can still connect and not feel so alone and isolated. Glad you found us.

Love,
Jill
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  01:44:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi silentdreamer, and welcome to the forums.

i can relate to this scenery of yours out from what i've found about it in the past bcz i've been there myself.

this dark circle you're speaking off is a black hole right around the third eye which pulls the yogi toward the causal plane and that in it's own terms produces deep karmic changes meaning a deep change in the mind patterns and that is all due to the practice of meditation in essence.

you may say that the experience you went through is smthg like an initiation and actually you shouldn't be worried you should be happy about it.

i doubt it will happen again any time soon but there's a chance for it in the future and next time it happens just let go and enjoy the scenery.

it's a great start to be having in deep meditation by the way.

now concerning spiritual experiences, we call these scenery around here and they are to be enjoyed and let go after bcz they aren't as much as important as the practices themselves bcs the scenery is effect and not cause.

the cause of the scenery is the practice of yoga, and when the scenery arises we just let it be; enjoy it and then let go of it for there will be much more of it if you continue to practice.

i think that you should read the main lessons with good attention, they will give you all the feedback you need and much more.

i wish you all the best on your path and we are all here for support in case you need anything.

practice, enjoy, and let go and let God.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  03:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi silentdreamer,wellcome to ayp forums.
Please,feel free here and express your self if you wish.We are all learning from each other
Go to Top of Page

silentdreamer

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  08:03:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit silentdreamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well i guess i am comfortable enough here to say that in my dreams for the past few months i have been speaking with whom i thought was a great spirit or almost like a god but now..i dont know how crazy this sounds but i think its me.. like a part of me who is trying to teach me something or change my direction in this life. this is what initially got me try and meditate.. because the messages are short and i cant quite get a good grasp on it. The funny thing is it seems like hes always joking with me... haha he is telling me wonderful things but he does it in a humorous joking way.. im reading what im typing and im starting to realize how crazy i am..hahaha i guess its because this is the first time ive talked about it. thats why my member name is "silentdreamer"
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  08:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey silentdreamer,i dont think you are crazy.I think you are a lucky guy for having that dreams.
I think hat voice is your inner self speaking to you.
Dont lose that connection,its a blessing,and please...open your self here (if you want, of course).Experiences like that, are considered like normal experiences in this ayp forums.
I think your experiences are amazing.
Thanks for sharing.

PS-I like your nick name.

Edited by - miguel on Jun 03 2009 08:40:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  08:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Silentdreamer,

Welcome to the forum.

You are not crazy, many here have experienced something similar. Most things are taught to you in deep sleep because the mind is not active at that point, so the silence (which is you) can reach you. However, when we are not aware, we do not remember the things that are taught to us. The same thing happens in meditation, when your mind quietens down, you have access to the silence and hence get the knowing that comes from the real you, the silence. With mediation, we learn to stay aware through deep sleep and get access to the deep truths within us. So you are doing really well.

Wish you the best in your path.
Go to Top of Page

silentdreamer

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  09:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit silentdreamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That makes so much sense. it resonates so well within me its like a million pounds just came off my shoulders. I cant tell you how much it means to me to know there are more like me out there. I thought i was having a lot of anxiety but it didnt make sense because i feel good when i have these experiences..haha i completley stumbled across this website by trying to figure out what happened in my meditation but now it seems as if i supposed to know you guys are out there and now i feel compelled to really understand whats going on. Another thing, "disclosure from the sky" any idea why i keep hearing that?? no clue why the hell this child like voice keeps saying that from time to time.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  09:31:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well each one has their own set of experiences, at times it has a meaning the mind "gets".. at times it has no meaning at the mind level, but needs to be experienced/known from within. Get into a stable mediation routine, twice a day 10-20 min. All the answers will soon come to you. We can speculate on what is going on, but it's better to get the answer for yourself from within.

Read the lessons from the beginning http://www.aypsite.org/10.html
One reason for these experiences could be excess/uncontrolled kundalini activity. Getting into a stable routine of meditation and after a while adding pranayam will help bring symptoms of the kundalini under control and allow you to enjoy the silence in your every day life.
Go to Top of Page

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  10:09:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Silentdreamer,

Sounds familiar! When I first started meditating I immediately - first try - had an experience of Kali Ma. Over the course of a few weeks/months we would 'meet' in meditation and I, being overwhelmed with the need to know who She was, would beg her for understanding and instruction. Once Ma told me to do 10,000 repetitions of Om and I did, my first ever japa sadhana. And like you've experienced, this was all very kind and loving, with laughter. It was all a big deal, certainly wonderful, definitely overwhelming. I went off like a Tantric hero to wrestle my way into Enlightenment. That was before I started AYP. But I have to say that although I was having all these incredible experiences with the Goddess, if I ever pushed things too far She would always laugh and make sure I understood it was all 'me.' Some of my most powerful revelations were to do with that: Ma demonstrating that She and I were one and the same. And there was no point when I doubted that. I've never believed in a god sitting up on a cloud somewhere watching or judging us. Before I started a serious commitment to sadhana I would probably have described myself as a deeply spiritual atheist!

As Yogani says: the guru is in you.

That wild communion has settled down now, and though I miss it, I'm also glad. Everything that comes, comes from within. If we treat it as a visitation from outside, it can be scary or ego-building. If we treat it like a movie, it can be diverting or entertaining. I've come to understand that 'it' isn't meant to be any of those things.

It's all coming from inside you, not from outside. Meditation gives us the tools to connect with something inside us which is true. Personally I call it Ma, because I love Her, but if and when I explain it to non-meditators I just call it Something True. It's best not to analyze it too much, at least not at first.

If you're lucky (and it sounds like you're off to a brilliant start), these intense experiences will help you along. But perhaps Shanti or someone else can point you to the right places in Yogani's lessons where you can find guidance on what AYP calls the 'scenery' of the practice. For me, Yogani's teaching is very calm and calming and above all, common-sense (and paradoxically, common sense is what we need when voyaging off into the metaphysical!).

Enjoy!

Edited by - grihastha on Jun 03 2009 10:29:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  10:17:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with shanti silentdreamer.Her advice is the best advice.
Its not necesary to understand or remember with your mind whats happening or what is that inner voice telling you.That voice is "recorded" in your inner self.Your inner self knows what to do.You are that (easy to say,difficult to see)...so,dont worry about it.
Let it happen and meditate using your choosen tools from the best spiritual path you consider is the best for you in this moments.Thats the key for getting closer to that inner voice.Use that inner voice as your ishta devata for example...

Tke a look here:

http://www.aypsite.org/12.html

http://www.aypsite.org/67.html

Enjoy

Edited by - miguel on Jun 03 2009 10:24:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  10:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by grihastha

But perhaps Shanti or someone else can point you to the right places in Yogani's lessons where you can find guidance on what AYP calls the 'scenery' of the practice. For me, Yogani's teaching is very calm and calming and above all, common-sense (and paradoxically, common sense is what we need when voyaging off into the metaphysical!).

Enjoy!

Thanks for that Grihastha.. I forgot to talk about scenery in my post above.

While purification of the nervous system happens we may have many experiences of visions, sound, bliss etc. Here at AYP we call it scenery, these are by-products of our practice and something we are free to enjoy, but better to not get caught up in or expect. These experiences are not the final destination/goal of the practice, finally we want to bring peace and silence into our everyday life. Here is the lesson in which Yogani talks about this:
Lesson 94 - Some house cleaning tips

You can also go to the Topic Index and look at the other lessons that cover scenery.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  10:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We crossposted Grihastra
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  10:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We crossposted shanti
Go to Top of Page

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  10:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Synchronicity!!
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  10:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
of course!

Edited by - miguel on Jun 03 2009 10:35:15 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000