Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Jala Neti question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  06:21:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings to all!

My morning routine goes as follows:

wake up
cold shower
jala neti, brush teeth, and go to the bathroom if necessary
AYP (slightly modified with some pranayama)
Qigong
Exercise

Question: would it be OK to move the jala neti to the end of my morning routine (after exercise)?

The neti seems to impact my pranayama. For a period of time after jala neti I get mucas out of my nasal cavity (which is good). But it totally messes up my morning pranayama session.

Thoughts?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  12:54:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can do jala neti at any time Solo (people do it more than once a day). I don't see any problems with adding it to the end of your morning routine.
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  1:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
many thanks shanti
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  08:24:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had the same kind of problems like Holy on Health n awareness .I have seen that when I go through practices that are for improving health of the body my awareness diminishes.I also become very tired with practicing yoga. My overall health and awareness increase if I stop the practices. The reason for this I think is that we have only little pranic strength.By practicing yoga we are sending most of our energy in to higher brain centers. This leaves us with only very little prana for body functions. And When this energy is send to maintain the body there is no prana to send to higher centers. This mostly happens to very thoughtful introverted kind of people(Brahmanic type).But if we had little brahmacharya in childhood, this wouldn't have happened . I think When u take amroli it is actually trying to bring ur over all system in to balance. Then there will be a gradual and continual growth in ur health n awareness as you continue
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  3:39:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi solo,
I do neti in the first place, before the cold shower, so things have settled before I do asana and meditation. I use about ½ liter (1 pint approx.) of salt water on each side, and I do 5 to 20 breaths of Kapalabhati immediately afterwards (in the bathroom), to help any small remainders out.
If there's a risk of a cold, I also add 1 drop of tea tree oil to the water.
I've noticed there are a lot less impurities coming out in the mornings when there's enough fresh air at night and when I eat vegan food, rarely allowing just a little yoghurt or Greek Feta (sheep cheese).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000