New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  07:20:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi.Very interesting post.Im gonna take my "notebook" now...
After taking the pills this morning,now i dont feel the spot in the back of my head,and i feel relaxed.But more hungry now,maybe because of medical treatment...

quote:
When that part of the process completes itself you will never feel anger again, only love and compassion.

Oh yeah,it sounds wonderful!

And yes,i know,i dont express my anger in all the situations...but in ayp forums i feel comfortable doing it and i can find big support!and i see others express here n ayp their feelings very often,and i like it.We are like an "ayp family"

All the best Christi.Thank you very much

Edited by - miguel on May 20 2009 07:33:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  07:38:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel,

Your welcome.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  07:44:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel,

Here is a picture of how the occipital centre fits in spiritually with the rest of the spiritual anatomy in the head:

http://www.paranormal.de/ballabene/...opfgegch.gif

So root to brow spinal breathing will activate this centre on the back of the head by proxi as the brow centre (front of ajna) is activated. In my own case it happened after the crown started to open.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on May 20 2009 07:45:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  07:59:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow,i thought back side of ajna chakra was at the same height that ajna chakra,but it seems its in a lower area than front side of the chakra.This chakra does a very steep slope.Wow..
I forgot to say that i feel this phase im going trought now,is related to spinal breathing pranayama.I have been doing it for a month.And i feel it is asocciated.Only a feeling,an intuition...
Thanks for the support christi.

Edited by - miguel on May 20 2009 08:02:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  08:40:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel,

The occipital nerve centre is in the middle of the back of the head where there is a slight protusion of the skull in many people. So it is only slightly below the front of the ajna chakra which is in the middle of the forehead. If you are experiencing energy movements below this then that would probably be the medula oblongata (brain stem) or the back of the vishudi chakra at the back of the neck (also on the diagram).

Christi
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  09:30:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I dont feel the pain in the middle of the lower area in the back of my head exactly.Its in the right side of the lower area back of my head,(and thats why i have facial paraisis in the right side of my face)exactly between oblangata y occipital area i think .The pain is not in the surface,its deeper inside.Its a litle area there,and pingala nadhi passes trought this area. Right side of my body is related with my male side.And i always have felt more connection with my female side.Maybe my masculinity is trying to gets open..dont know...only an hipothesis...

Edited by - miguel on May 20 2009 09:43:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  2:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel..

I was reading the whole thread..
First I hope you feel better now.
May I suggest a little thing?
I told about it in a previous post.
and while reading your last post here, it came to me..
I thought that maybe doing some alternate nostril breathing would help balancing your system..
Just an intuition..

Much love..
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  4:36:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel,

quote:
I dont feel the pain in the middle of the lower area in the back of my head exactly.Its in the right side of the lower area back of my head,(and thats why i have facial paraisis in the right side of my face)exactly between oblangata y occipital area i think .The pain is not in the surface,its deeper inside.Its a litle area there,and pingala nadhi passes trought this area. Right side of my body is related with my male side.And i always have felt more connection with my female side.Maybe my masculinity is trying to gets open..dont know...only an hipothesis...

I agree... it looks like you are seeing the activation of a minor chakra other than the occipital nerve centre and the medula oblongata. My experience with these minor centres that don't lie on the central line of the head is that each one doesn't take long to open and clear, so hopefully everything will be fine soon. There are quite a few of them around the head, and once they begin to activate things can get pretty busy up there for a while.

I once recieved a healing treatment from a lady who had an electronic instrument called a "pranic wand". She touched different parts of my body with this thing (about the size of a pen) and it activated my chakras and nadis as she went. At one point she went the whole way around my neck and it actvated both my ida and pingala nadis in turn as she went round. I remember experiencing facial paralasis as you describe on different parts of my face as she moved the wand around my neck. I also experienced involuntary head movements with my head moving either to the right or left. The whole experience was not very enjoyable, but she was a very kind lady and meant well.

Thought I'd mention it here, as it seems to offer some support to the theory that what you are going through is related to purification.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  6:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christiane.Ill look for that alernate nostril breathing tool.Maybe it can help me.
Christi,your words are very encouraging for me now.Your knowledge is much apreciated here now.
Im not very scary now after seeing the doctor.And medical treatment is working here.
Its a strange thing,my aunt had this problem also a few time ago.Maybe are we healing at the same time?are we conected?
Today,doing my daily activities,i felt lot of energy going up trught my body...very pleasant feelings...
Maye this is a phisical reflect of an inner block being released
This paralisis is very uncomfortable,its difficult to speak or smile,but doctors told me its under control and i will be ok in one or two months..
Thank you very much,ill keep you informed....
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  6:14:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is this the correct procedure?:

"Close the right nostril with your right thumb and inhale through the left nostril. Do this to the count of four seconds.
Immediately close the left nostril with your right ring finger and little finger, and at the same time remove your thumb from the right nostril, and exhale through this nostril. Do this to the count of eight seconds. This completes a half round.
Inhale through the right nostril to the count of four seconds. Close the right nostril with your right thumb and exhale through the left nostril to the count of eight seconds. This completes one full round."

How much time for a sensitive mediator like me (i do 6 mtes dm and 2 mtes sbp)

Thank you very much.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  02:11:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel,

This is the way I've been taught to do it (from Saddguru Jaggi Vasudev, you can watch some videos of him on Youtube if you like)

sit in siddhasana, spine erect (no need to stimulate the muladhara, just sit in a comfortable way)

- your left hand, palm facing upward, rests just above your genitals, or let's say gently resting on them.
-your right hand, fingers straight, pointing upward, in front of your nose
-the 2 fingers you use are the thumb and the little finger
- start by exhaling veeeeeeery slowly from the left nostril, thumb is closing the right nostril
- after exhaling fully, you start inhaling very slowly
- as soon as you finish inhaling fully,close the left nostril with the little finger and open the right nostril; exhale very slowly from the right nostril.(this is half a round)
- then, inhale very slowly from the right nostril
- close the right nostril with the thumb, and exhale through left nostril (this makes 1 complete round)

So after each inhalation, you change the nostril.
No counting, no breath hold, just slow inhale and exhale from left to right, right to left..

This is a powerful technique for balancing ida and pingala.
It is very relaxing for the brain..
Experiment with it and see how it feels.
I can't say how much time you need to do it..
It can be done from 2 minutes to 1 or more hours..

important note: shoulders and arms are relaxed and the head should remain straight. Also the breathing should be done as slowly as possible, but without forcing to the point of tension or discomfort.
Just relax into it and slowly feel the air coming in and out.
Don't visualize anything.. just feel.

Love
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  02:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much Christiane.Im going too add this pratice before my pranayama.I hope it helps.
I like this Saddguru Jaggi Vasudev (i watched him on you tube).Very Good feelings from him.

Edited by - miguel on May 21 2009 02:49:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  02:46:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christy, concerning ANB it might do damage more than good in some cases so spinal breathing pranayama is a much safer route to undertake always on the scale of 9 to 10.

and i thought that the practices which Jaggi (whom i have a lot of respect of) teaches shouldn't be laid out like this in public by his followers unless certain requirements are met... and no matter how simple the techniques are...

i remember this from your intake on the subject here where you made some fuss about it: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=5249

does everything in the Isha foundation require an initiation or not?

plz clarify.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  05:04:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

I understand your concern and you're right.
That said, when I responded to Sushman concerning the Shoonya meditation, it was first because this technique requires the use of a specific mantra that is given during the 3 days of initiation in the Ashram. Shoonya cannot be explained to another person just through words of mouth.
Suka pranayam (ANB)is a basic technique that doesn't imply any mantra or specific conditions.

The only concern would be about learning techniques, even basic ones, in plain english, like it's done here, in AYP..

Thank you anyway for reminding me that maybe I shouldn't even share this basic technique.

So, Miguel, take what you feel is good for you.
I was just sharing an intuition I had, that ANB would help.
It's up to you..

Take care.

Edited by - christiane on May 21 2009 05:08:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  05:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes,im doing a little ANB before pranayama.Only 2 cicles per session.Maybe it could help.I think this is a basic tool and cant cause much damage.

Edited by - miguel on May 21 2009 05:32:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  05:21:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

Hi Christy, concerning ANB it might do damage more than good in some cases so spinal breathing pranayama is a much safer route to undertake always on the scale of 9 to 10.

What do you mean by "in some cases"?

On what basis do you say that spinal breathing is much safer to undertake?

Edited by - christiane on May 21 2009 05:32:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  06:05:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Christy,

if it's basic nadi sodhana\ANB with the awareness that the ida and pingala meet at the ajna and sending the energy over there than it's okay to practice there's no harm in that but if it's without aim it might lead into premature work at the crown and that would cause imbalance in the energy system for those who have a crown chakra ripe from the opening due to past life practices.

and if it's ANB with kumbhaka than if done without aim toward the third eye it will definitely lead to serious imbalances in the body energies take my own case for example and my premature crown opening which happened bcz of daily 6 months practice of nadi sodhana with kumbhaka without aim.

concerning spinal breathing pranayama, it brings all of the benefits you might get from ANB and reaches out into opening the entire nervous system via the central channel "the sushumna" so it sounds quite obvious which is more powerful plus it balances everything automatically and it balanced my crown opening and if it wasn't for this practice i would be in a mess now.

and of course if there is a tendency to do the practice of nadi sodhana than go for it by all means but keep in mind that the destination is the ajna.

and in case someone has an ida nadi which is more opened (meaning with less blockages) than the pingala nadi i think nadi sodhana might increase the problem and cause more imbalance between the two so spinal breathing is definitely much safer you can go through it with your eyes shut.

light and love,

Ananda

Edited by - Ananda on May 21 2009 06:08:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  06:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again Miguel,

just one thing: I know there is other versions of ANB than the one I practice.. I don't know if the effect is the same, probably not.
And I don't know if counting during inhaling and exhaling could lead to overload symptoms..

All I can say is based on my experience; I've never heard of any problem encountered because of Suka pranayam.
On the contrary, I always get good feedbacks..
Also the version I told you about should be safe to practice, anytime during the day, whenever you feel tired or tense..
and you will feel by yourself for how much time you need to do it.

In any case you choose, I trust your intuition and inner guru to know what is best for you.

I'm not a teacher .. just a child on the road.

Also I wish you the best on your path.

The Guru is in your heart.

Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  06:26:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda,

the ANB I'm practicing is mainly for balancing ida and pingala.
It's not a question of which of SBP or ANB is best.
They work in a different way, and I am experiencing both, so, I can feel the effect of each one, and personally, I feel they complement each other.. this is MY experience though.

That's why I told Miguel that I don't know about other versions of ANB (like with kumbaka or counting)..

ALso, there is nothing to focus on during suka pranayam.
Just doing it and being receptive..
No focus on the ajna needed.

Again I understand your concern especially after what you've gone through with the premature crown opening.
But still, I think it's safe and even useful to try suka pranayam, at least for a while..

Thank you for sharing your care and love.

/|\
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  07:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Then by all means go for it, and i know that this practice is supposed to have calming and balancing effects and it does when it's done right and what i mentioned is was just my own perspective which was based on my personal experience and those of others who i read about once and everyone can teach yoga Chrissy don't worry about that we are all teachers and students here.

love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  07:55:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much both christiane and ananda.Sukam pranayama seems like a soft but helpful practice...
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  08:11:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by miguel

Thank you very much both christiane and ananda.Sukam pranayama seems like a soft but helpful practice...

Yes indeed
soft yet powerful!
When I feel like doing it for 20-30 minutes, as a stand alone practice, I come to a point where I feel drunk..
I feel the prana currents moving inside like red wine

Enjoy
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  08:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda
everyone can teach yoga Chrissy don't worry about that we are all teachers and students here.

Yes, I know everybody can teach ..
but there is good and bad teachers
Also I feel responsible for not letting the teachings
get distorted on the way. That's why I told you you are right, maybe I shouldn't explain a technique through writing..
It's all about details! And I still believe that teaching directly to people is best to prevent any mistakes..

Good intentions are not always enough..

BUt there's no danger in trying basic techniques like AYP ones, as long as we stay alert.
And of course we are blessed to be a family here, so we can benefit from eachother experience on particular issues like crown and kundalini symptoms.

Love...
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  09:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Basic alternate nostril breathing (anulom vilom/ suka pranayama) does not normally involve kumbhaka. It is pretty well known, so I don't think any great secrets are being revealed by sharing it here. In fact it can be found on dozens of websites, and there are videos on youtube. It is a very safe practice as far as I know, and I have never heard of anyone coming unstuck with it.

Adding kumbhaka into the mix is another story, as kumbhaka is an advanced and powerful form of pranayama. So counting practices such as in for 4 counts, internal retention for 4 counts, out for 4 counts and external retention for 4 counts is a combined practice and should be on the list of practices that should be managed carefully. I often practice SBP combined with kumbhaka but Yogani does not advise it as he believes it makes the practice too powerful. I also often combine the microcosmic orbit with kumbhaka.

Adding visualizations onto alternate nostril breathing makes the practice even more powerful, but could make it safer if, as Ananda says, the ajna is used as the "top end" target.

So I think you are really talking about different practices here. On the one hand suka pranayama (ANB) and on the other, kumbhaka.

The reason that adding kumbhaka to the mix makes everything that much more powerful, is because when we breathe in, there is a pull on the prana from the lower storehouse in the pelvic area. If we then hold the breath, there is a time when the prana continues to rise, and will build up in the higher centres whilst the breath is held. During this time the 6th and 7th chakras are activated. Then, on breathing out, the prana will be drawn back down to the pelvis. If we hold the breath after exhale, the prana continues to fall and builds up in the lower centres activating the first and second chakras.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  4:04:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What i've noticed with this purification business in my limited experience with ayp is that any logial casality between actuall practice and symptoms of purificiaiton often seem at variance- i.e no time link effect. Do this-feeel that

My hunch is that whay you are geting is major opening and purification, & symptoms etc. Offten the greater the discomfort, curiiously, the more auspicious, the more clearing and opening.

You have a very powerful and effective system. so with it powerful efects, some more disconcerting than others.

you first reported 15th,then suggest the spots dissapeare but then paralysis, which is understandably very diisconcerting, appears on 19th on one side face etc.

i know i've got a dominant pingala,right handside, but my one month ayp is helping much balancing this out. you sound like you might have a dominant ida, hence why folk may have suggested nadi shodhana ( in my experience yes kumbhaka made it more powerful,-i used an unrestrained natural retention,it felt gd and i was experminting when i introduced it to my usual nadi shodhana practice one last session)

the general principle/rule seems to be 'reduce practices'

only you can do nadi shodhana safely bu if you wished to do that you may want to consider abdominal breathing and Viloma I & II to prep and energise the nadis , and the system before-hand

http://www.lifepositive.com/Body/yo...ranayama.asp

i've got this one bookmarkeeed in my pranayama folder as i sense it is useful and safe.i do it on a seat/spine erect.

you're with ayp, you've got all your friends here, this wonderful powerful yoga sytem. and loads of kind support.i suspect what you are experiencing is very Auspicious.

i'd do short DM sessions, and reduce.
if you must do non-AYP pranayama say keeep it very light and gentle. The princiiple with the breath is keep it veeeerrrry slow, full,deeep,smooth,gentle.Some folk point at the thirf ye with 2nd finger. kumbhaka will make nadi shodhana more potent, in my experience but potency often affects the safety scale.

less is always mre - i never do that many rounds- would never go over 20 mins and always tend to do about 2-3 rounds. you could go up to six. you must observe the cause and effect yourself,miguel, of course.learning nadi shodhana now maybe is'nt the best idea but i added a some little retention recnetly as i felt the breath was naturally lke that when completley relaxed and i was experimenting a little- (someone suggested doing it on the switch,although you need a balancing practice,sure)( and you want to be ina relaxed state when you do pranayama) pranayam is anything but simple but an extremely subtle awareness is necessary to guage the details. that said, DM seems to be the finest tooth-comb,working on the manamayakosha and Beyond all the way to the bliss sheath. so that may be the more apporriate tool ,when done gently,small sessions.

i do nadi shodhana this way-
inhale through left nostril,exhale right nostriil,inhale right ,exhale left. that completes 1 round

it porbably does'nt mater if you do it the other way(i.e start with an exhale as perhaps suggested)-it might indeed be easier t work out retention ratios naturally( withouth mentally couting, which i don't bother with)

you need to take wht is useful to you here as only you can connect with your own guru.

it sounds to me like the pingala side of your nadi sytem could literally be flushing through, or least the drain-pipe analogy comes to mind- that there is blockage and it is wanting to flush through and is about to.

as i say sounds auspicious even though from your perspective it may be somehwat disconcerting. so main thing is to stay relaxed and calm.

i can understand your concern miguel though i think you have a very capable sytem here wand a very capable experienced support group( & a number of gurus) here to guide you as best they can.

i have akeen eye on this thread and your eventual resolution of symtpoms you report here.and follow it with interest.

i've had mild awareness in my left-hand cheek during DM sessions- one could interpret this as my left handisde waking up. if you look at the sensory-motor cortex right at the crown of the head, the face,ears etc tke up huge tracts of this part of the brain.---they're like strips that run over laterally .one in front of the other, right on the apex.

where you describe the nerve betwen roughly occipital and brain-stem regions could be irritated or, in nadi-terms, blocked. there may be a wholescael flushing going on in the whole head region.sounds like there is obvious safety reasons why root to ajna is the favoured approach, to help ameliorate or avoid symtpoms involving excessive & unripe/premtaure opening and purification in hte brain region at large. it is like bud about to open. it will open in it's won time,own pace.

also bear in mind the occiptal region involves the eyes( ajna being spiritual third eye,intuition and concentration) from a medical standpoint.

i uspect you are geting major opening and purification. you have a very powerful system, with some very powerful effects.

i watch your thread and transformation with interest. and am here to offer any advice i can.it think it's good though. you've been doing ayp presumably for about 4 months say(longer than I) and you're getting massive openeing and flushing of obstructions,(per Yogani's beautiful and mind-blowing explanations,sorry the pun)

keep us updated. i really do hope you recover as soon as possible. and i think you will. you are totally in the right place , my friend. and the tool-box here is pretty sophisticated and effective. sounds to me like a process you are going through.

Much Love, Miguel
with love
Akasha

Edited by - Akasha on May 21 2009 4:31:26 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000