Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Heart Breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  6:28:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

Has anyone tried doing the "Heart Breathing" technique?
http://www.aypsite.org/220.html
It sounds good, and I'm going to try it and see what happens..
Anyone experience anything with it?

(I searched the forum and haven't found any thread on it..)

Thanks,

Yonatan

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  8:21:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Yonatan,

Hmmm... Heart breathing has come up in many discussions, but usually in response to another topic/issue.

I practice it several times a week. For me, it's become a staple of my practice. It's a beautiful practice. It opens the heart, and emotions become delicious. With heart breathing, there is a greater appreciation for beauty, and it's easy to become emotionally overwhelmed by it. Love arises and can be tangibly felt in the heart.

It's very powerful, and the effects of overdoing it can be extremely unpleasant. Strong, uncomfortable emotions can come up if you're not ready for it yet (i.e. depression for a few days). So proceed with caution! I would advise starting with only 5 min. and doing it once every few days.

Enjoy!

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  03:42:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yonatan

If you click the "search" link on the top of the page and plot in "heart breathing"...then you will get all the posts where it is mentioned.

Right now I only remember these:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=5453

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....%2Cbreathing

And Shanti posted a little bit in YogaIsLife's topic here:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=5179

Now that the overlaod has settled here, whenever there is a tendency towards imbalance here...in any way.....one or two breaths with heart breathing will settle everything. I am careful not to do it too often, though.

It is a wonderful practice

Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  07:02:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks cosmic and Katrine for sharing your experiences,

I tried it yesterday, and only two cycles made me cry and feel a little depression, so I had to lie down for 5 minutes afterwards.. Then I did another 2 cycles, and afterwards it really felt like some of my obstructions and impurities from the heart were gone..

It's a really powerful practice,

Thanks

Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  07:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for bringing this up. Helps me also !
Go to Top of Page

GEM24

India
12 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  09:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit GEM24's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I have a question regarding heart breathing.

When we bring our attention along with breath to the heart center...which heart center are we talking about. Is it the solar plexus(the spiritual heart) or the physical heart(the one that pumps blood throughout our body)?

Thanks for any replies

Gavin

Edited by - GEM24 on May 27 2009 09:19:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  09:39:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by GEM24

Hi,
I have a question regarding heart breathing.

When we bring our attention along with breath to the heart center...which heart center are we talking about. Is it the solar plexus(the spiritual heart) or the physical heart(the one that pumps blood throughout our body)?

Thanks for any replies

Gavin

To the spiritual heart (not solar plexus)... in the middle of your chest.
Go to Top of Page

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  08:41:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been doing about 5 heart breaths during my daily puja.

I have to concur: it's an incredibly powerful technique and I'm going to scale back. It feels wonderful, and completely appropriate, when I'm doing it, but I've started to have heart chakra issues (heart flutters and panic-attack symptoms at night, my body filled with a sort of heavy throbbing and pulsing. I'll try one a day and see if that levels things out a bit.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  09:52:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes,be careful and self pace grihastha.
Go to Top of Page

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  09:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Miguel - I'm learning!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  10:01:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thats good so
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000