New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  11:55:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Friends....

I am at a point right now in my journey where I am 90% sure that my crown chakra wants to open......and I am having a difficult time knowing whether or not my system is purified enough to allow this to happen without major overload/kundalini symptoms. I don't regularly identify with the chaos of life anymore, and I feel that spiritually I am ready for this opening, but how do I know energetically if this happening will cause problems? I have had some experiences in the past month or so that indicate that the crown could spontaneously open at any time, and I am at the point where I either continue with my practices as I am and the opening happens, or I back off the practices for a while and let things settle down. It is a very clear fork in the road for me right now. Any advice?

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on May 07 2009 11:55:46 AM

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  12:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Carson

I can't tell you how many times I wondered about this.....until I let it go completely....maybe a year and a half ago.

Over the past 2,5-3 years....I have stayed away from the crown and not at all put my attention there (in fact...I never did so before this after...but then it was not on purpose). Nevertheless....activity has been going on there every day for years now. It has been both open and not open....and that is partly the reason for the challenges with overloads here.

However - after the overload just recently (after the heart breathing)......it seems to have changed. The pressure is gone....and it is open....This is particularly palpable after staying with the father-like essence during the surges. I still feel the wirings.....and the light passing through....but it is not uncomfortable.

This has confirmed what is so often the case here.....the process takes care of itself. I just come back to myself...that's all.

I still don't put my attention there.....it doesn't feel necessary right now......since there is "nothing" up there.....it is just an empty .....vacuum...voidlike.

I am sure it will continue to mature on its own.

Just my Norwegian krone (and incurable optimism )

PS ......look at your drive for working on it.....how it connects with.....the rest
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  12:30:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine.....

So are you saying to pace or not? Not quite sure I found the advice in your post. I wasn't planning on putting any attention there, but I feel as though if I continue with my practices as I am, I will have a crown opening very soon. So I am wondering how to know if I am ready to allow this to happen, or if I need to back off and wait a while longer. I have no "drive" for working on it, I just have this feeling that to continue as I am I am in for some big changes and I have no idea whether or not I am ready for what is in store. Make sense?

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  12:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh...I see Carson

I misunderstood you

What does the "the crown wants to open" feel like?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  12:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How I know that it wants to open is:
1. my acupuncturist clued in on it in my last session saying she saw some new activity going on there and that it wants to open.
2. spontaneous kriyas happen anytime ANYTHING crown related happens
3. I can FEEL the energy whirling on top of my head
4. Someone else at the meditation conference I went to last weekend could feel the energy currents blasting out the top of my head (his hands were about a foot and a half above my head) while I was having kriyas happening

These are what I can think of off the top of my head. There are other indicators too I think, I just can't remember them right now.

Love,
Carson

Oh yeah, I also know because in meditation I am having some experiences like "exploding out the top of my head" into pure bliss, and I know there is more blood flow to the top of my head because my hair started to grow back in a bit. (I am balding and have been since I was about 21-22)

Edited by - CarsonZi on May 07 2009 12:52:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  12:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

Hmmm....gut feeling: Back off a little.

Here....the activity on the crown has taken place almost the whole day (and also at night).....and always after the surges (which happen really often)....

There is no harm in backing off......better to feel stable.

Something inside must have alerted you.......and all those kriyas....a lot going on Carson...

Also.....if it is ment to open now...it will happen regardless.....and then probably without creating havoc

Yes.....I say self-pace.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  1:05:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine, thank you for your kind advice.
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

Here....the activity on the crown has taken place almost the whole day (and also at night).....and always after the surges (which happen really often)....

It is pretty rare when I get "surges" but I can feel the "wind" on the top of my head anytime I put my attention there.

quote:

Something inside must have alerted you.......and all those kriyas....a lot going on Carson...

Well the increase in kriyas this month definitely made me aware that SOMETHING was happening in my system, but really the alerts are external in the form of the AYP teachings. All the talk about premature spontaneous crown awakenings is scary and makes me want to be extra cautious when it comes to the crown.

quote:

Also.....if it is ment to open now...it will happen regardless.....and then probably without creating havoc

Yes.....I say self-pace.

Thank you for the advice Katrine. I will take it to heart.

Much love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  1:21:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

Here are exerpts of what Yogani says in lesson 287:

http://www.aypsite.org/287.html

There is really no "formula" practice to be done at the crown that can be recommended whole-heartedly, because each person has a unique matrix of obstructions to be dissolved, and focused crown practices of any kind will not be stable until the matrix is largely dissolved, which can be done with the brow to root oriented practices already given. Going to the crown is then left up to the aspirant, and the suggestion is to wait to do it until ecstatic conductivity is sufficiently advanced so there can be a good awareness of what is happening. That is why prudent "testing" is recommended. And always keep in mind the time delays that are involved in the cycles of ecstasy and letdown.

It is important to note that energy experiences in the crown area (usually mirrored ecstatically body-wide) are caused by "friction" from remaining impurities in the nervous system. So the energy symptoms themselves (including ecstasy) can be taken as a caution that there is more work to be done.

The best crown experiences are the ones that have gone to dissolution into pure bliss consciousness, without negative after-effects. This indicates body-wide purity. As with all practices, we know it is good if we feel good in our regular daily activity afterward.

Once we get to that stage, then what? Well, nothing much really. We just keep going with our stable practice routine (using prudent self-pacing), and our regular life. Contrary to popular belief, there is no place other than HERE that we have to go to -- no exit via the crown to some other exotic dimension. Actually, the opposite happens -- the ecstatic bliss (the exotic) comes in here from out there. That is the thing, you know -- the divine process is not us going somewhere else. It is the divine coming in through us into this life -- this ordinary life. It ends up melting our heart in an extraordinary way and flowing out through our actions. In AYP we call it outpouring divine love. That's it...

The crown is a sort of crossroad in all of this, one that takes a long time to purify completely, because, to do so, everything else has to be purified, and that cannot be done overnight, no matter what has been promised. The good news is that all the purification we achieve in the sushumna (spinal nerve) and throughout the nervous system with our daily deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama and other practices is crown opening by proxy. When everything is purified and opened, the crown is open too. In that sense all the practices we do are crown practices. We are just being cagey about it to avoid unnecessary mishaps.

Much love to you too Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  1:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine...
quote:

Going to the crown is then left up to the aspirant, and the suggestion is to wait to do it until ecstatic conductivity is sufficiently advanced so there can be a good awareness of what is happening. That is why prudent "testing" is recommended. And always keep in mind the time delays that are involved in the cycles of ecstasy and letdown.
[/blue]

I don't want to go to the crown with my attention, but I am a little nervous that if I continue with root to brow SBP I will still open it regardless.

quote:

It is important to note that energy experiences in the crown area (usually mirrored ecstatically body-wide) are caused by "friction" from remaining impurities in the nervous system. So the energy symptoms themselves (including ecstasy) can be taken as a caution that there is more work to be done.

So me having spontaneous kriyas and pure bliss when blown out the crown would indicate that there is much friction still and that I have many obstructions to still purify and I am not ready for this correct?

quote:

The best crown experiences are the ones that have gone to dissolution into pure bliss consciousness, without negative after-effects. This indicates body-wide purity. As with all practices, we know it is good if we feel good in our regular daily activity afterward.

Well this paragraph makes me feel like I am ready. My daily activity is very stable and I don't seem to have negative after effects from these kriya outbursts or blissful unions. But perhaps I need to wait another few months to let all this catch up with me, who knows.

quote:

Once we get to that stage, then what? Well, nothing much really. We just keep going with our stable practice routine (using prudent self-pacing), and our regular life. Contrary to popular belief, there is no place other than HERE that we have to go to -- no exit via the crown to some other exotic dimension. Actually, the opposite happens -- the ecstatic bliss (the exotic) comes in here from out there. That is the thing, you know -- the divine process is not us going somewhere else. It is the divine coming in through us into this life -- this ordinary life. It ends up melting our heart in an extraordinary way and flowing out through our actions. In AYP we call it outpouring divine love. That's it...

Can't wait

quote:

The crown is a sort of crossroad in all of this, one that takes a long time to purify completely, because, to do so, everything else has to be purified, and that cannot be done overnight, no matter what has been promised. The good news is that all the purification we achieve in the sushumna (spinal nerve) and throughout the nervous system with our daily deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama and other practices is crown opening by proxy. When everything is purified and opened, the crown is open too. In that sense all the practices we do are crown practices. We are just being cagey about it to avoid unnecessary mishaps.

Here's a prayer for a smooth opening

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  1:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

Yes.........I understand that you do not put attention on the crown.
But put the exerpts from the lesson here also because there are others reading this post that may not be familiar with the dynamics of the crown....and it is so crucial to be aware of it

quote:
So me having spontaneous kriyas and pure bliss when blown out the crown would indicate that there is much friction still and that I have many obstructions to still purify and I am not ready for this correct?

Yes.....
Not that I can assess at all what is left to purify in your nervous system.....hey...can't even asess my own ..... But...when you say "blown out of"...this is alerting here....because...when in bliss...there is no "going anywhere" here.....

Pure bliss is beautiful. But intoxicating ecstacy can backfire....the two differ here. The first...is somehow not energy....it is just bliss. Like vapour..instead of a water rush...ah....doesn't sound right....but you get the jest of it.....

quote:
Here's a prayer for a smooth opening

Yes....let's all open smoothly :-)....while praying *lol*

Thanks Carson

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  2:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine
quote:

Not that I can assess at all what is left to purify in your nervous system.....hey...can't even asess my own ..... But...when you say "blown out of"...this is alerting here....because...when in bliss...there is no "going anywhere" here.....

When I say "blown out of the crown" I am talking about the experience of having my awareness "pulled" out the top of my head and out of the body causing great bliss and ecstasy. The awareness doesn't "go anywhere" it is just no longer identified with the body as it's "prison". And this usually leaves my awareness in deep bliss conciousness.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  2:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes....I see Carson

Well....here the bliss happens without the being pulled out of the crown.....it is still like being free of the body...while still in it....*sigh*.....doesn't make much sense, does it...but it is less ecstatic than your experience....it is more like gentle loving.....so who knows....

I am not leaving the body you see.....and one day I am sure that i will be able to..... if that is how it goes....of itself. But now ...it is like staying in the body...and at the same time being fully aware of not being it. And being so light....and all over the place as this light clarity.....

But these are subtle experiences here....so I think we need advise from someone who knows more than I do....

Yogani or anyone else?

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  3:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

I don't know more than Katrine, but my opinion is that if things are happening, let them settle before moving on. Totally the right time for self pacing. There's a ton of stuff going on internally (and apparently externally) with you right now. Just let it play out and stop trying to be King Yogi. Don't view the bliss and openings as a drug which you need more of. This is a time for patience and surrender.

Tame the bhakti!

Just my view. It seems like you're pretty set on pushing ahead, but you did ask for people's opinions and advice.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  3:23:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott and thanks for chiming in!

No I'm not dead set on pressing ahead. It may seem like that but it isn't. And I'm not trying to be King Yogi. (perhaps I am in denial though who knows?) I do have a ton of stuff happening, it's true, but I am conflicted as to whether or not this is the time for self pacing. Usually I KNOW when it is time. It is usually quite obvious. Usually when I am overloaded I am cranky, uptight and snarky, and generally pretty irritable, but I am feeling very stable right now mentally and emotionally. It is only physically that seems to be going crazy right now. And I don't really know how to judge the contradiction between the two. Usually overload for me happens in all areas of life, it isn't specific to the physical. But right now, all "overload" symptoms seem to be strictly physical. This is what makes me wonder if I DO need to pace or if perhaps it is naturally time for changes. Thank you either way for your advice. Greatly appreciated!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  3:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
brother Carson, i personally do play with the white light around the crown every now and then and it's been a year maybe more now since my crown first opened in a theatrical way and all i can say is that whenever i overload i simply put self pacing into practice and the result is always good thk God and Yogani's advice.

so if your bhakti is leading you there, then go for it... thk God and Yogani we know how to handle every kind of overload by prudent self pacing.

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  3:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Ananda my friend. Always good food for thought what comes from your mouth. Thank you.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  3:55:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
im pretty sure when the brahmarandra opens all the way, u die, mahasamadhi. nirvikalpa or paravairagya is the highest without having to drop the body. its when the bowl cracks, the pitcher at the fountain is smashed, the egg is broken, that man is not reborn. ive never heard of a man being able to propel the prana out of the kings chamber/brahmarandra and be able to live to tell the tale. u dont need to leave your body, there s no point, the same realization can be had without leaving the body, this is why some masters insist on not closing the eyes during meditation. ride the fine thread/stream that is in the center of the head, feels like a wind tunnel or chamber and wonderful sounds are felt and heard. yogis put the white vertical line on their head to denote this realization, paravairagya-non attachtment. god can be realized in this body, that is the point of yoga to be liberated while still inhabiting the flesh body

"When the Yogi separates himself from the physical body at the time of death, this Brahmarandhra bursts open and Prana comes out through this opening (Kapala Moksha). "
http://www.yoga-age.com/modern/kun4.html

=) dont get to eager and blow your head off lolol

Edited by - michaelangelo7 on May 07 2009 4:02:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  4:47:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Michaelangelo7....

I don't aspire to have this happen....this happens on it's own. And it doesn't equal death. If it does I am dead. Perhaps what is happening to me is not what you are describing and only sounds very similar. I can't willingly seperate my awareness from my body. I am not aspiring to this either. But I have had 4 seperate occasions within the last 4 months (not 1 a month but increasing in frequency instead) in which I have had my awareness shoot out the top of my head and no longer is bound by the physical body. I have an intuitive feeling that this is indicating that my crown chakra is opening/about to open. And I'm not sure my nervous system is ready for it. Just today I wanted to start a thread about managing Bliss because I am finding it hard to act normal today due to almost overwhelming Bliss. I also have a problem still with extreme heat in the palms of my hands. And it can be so drastic that my fingers can be extremely cold (I live in Canada where it snows in mid May) but my palms are literally dripping sweat. (see this thread here:http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=5459 ) Anyways, I'm not eager for mahasamadhi and am not seeking this in anyway. Thanks though, haha.

Love,
Carson

EDIT

quote:
ride the fine thread/stream that is in the center of the head, feels like a wind tunnel or chamber and wonderful sounds are felt and heard

If you have read many of my postings on AYP here, I often talk about feeling the "wind tunnel" through my forehead. I don't often hear the sounds, but occasionally I do. But I don't look for any of these things, they just happen. I am not asking for this, I consider it the grace of God. I just don't want to do any damage because of not being able to hear the inner guru clear enough and know that I need to back off....nor do I want to back off due to not being able to hear the inner guru clear enough when I should not be complacent or lazy and should be keeping up with my full rountine. You see what I am saying?

Edited by - CarsonZi on May 07 2009 4:52:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  4:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson:

My two cents is go with Katrine's advice, back off. That's what my gut says. I won't bother you with elaborating my puny mental thoughts about it.

-- jo-self

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  4:54:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jo-self....

Another tick for back off. They are starting to add up. Hmmmmm......

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  4:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brother Carson, depending on where you are in your crown opening, cosmic samyama could help stabilize it. It could also cause overload if it's done too early. So I'm not suggesting you do it, but that you read the lesson and see what your gut tells you. Because in my experience, it can go either way and I can't know which side of the equation you're on.

http://www.aypsite.org/299.html

When I first tried cosmic samyama, it was premature and I had some intense and... alarming... symptoms. I stopped doing it for a few months and noticed that ever since I tried it, I was having a lot of crown activity. I started up again maybe 2 months ago, and everything is smooth now. I feel my crown is opening very gradually, very gently. No Gopi Krishna stuff happening.

If you do try it, perhaps only once a day would be wise.

But again, trust your inner guru.

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  4:37:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cosmic....

Yeah I have read the lesson on cosmic samyama, but I don't practice this nor do I regularly practice regular samyama. Samyama the regular style totally puts me over the edge energetically. It is obvious and it has been like this for many months now. I never entertained the idea of Cosmic samyama because of this. Is there a difference in the effects of samyama versus cosmic samyama? If regular samyama puts me over, is cosmic samyama guaranteed to do the same?

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  5:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
See if these topic help:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=2921#25495
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=1861#15414

There was another post that I cannot seem to find now, which gave the experience of one of our members with cosmic samyama and he had said it helped his crown overload smooth out a lot.

Dunno if you really need another practice tho... you already know this one.. Self pace. You have way too much going on... with AYP and acupuncture and kundalini yoga and meditation with Nirmala Devi.. and all the meditation groups and the mindfulness meditation course.. automatic kriya, crown pulling.. you are >this< close to an overload my friend.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  5:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Is there a difference in the effects of samyama versus cosmic samyama?

As far as I can tell, core samyama is more ecstatic while cosmic samyama is more blissful. For me, cosmic samyama does add more stability and calmness to my life (now, anyways ). There are energy sensations in cosmic samyama, but they are milder and more localized. There is also a deepening of relaxation, both in sleep and daily life. Speaking only from my own experience here, perhaps someone else can give more "official" differences.

quote:

If regular samyama puts me over, is cosmic samyama guaranteed to do the same?

I don't know about guaranteed, but you probably want to be cautious. I've never gone over with regular samyama, but I did at one point with cosmic samyama. I think it all depends on what's going on with you.

In my case, it helps. But even now, I only do it before bed.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  7:34:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti, Cosmic,

Today I am really pacing. 10 minutes DM this am and 10 this afternoon. Nothing else. Yesterday was my AYP Group and it was pretty intense, not just for myself, and there is definitely a need to slow down right now. No more adding practices. My kundalini classes end next Tuesday and I am taking the summer off for sure. I am going to do some extreme grounding this weekend, gardening, running/walking, golfing (finally!!! YEAH), and then Mothers Day. For which I will need all the inner silence I can get. No need for overloading emotions there, as there will likely be high tension already, haha. I love life's "tests". Anyways, thanks for the suggestion, I think I know what I have to do to survive now. Whoa Horsey! Pull 'er back a bit and pace myself....there's still a long journey ahead!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  11:48:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Mothers Day. For which I will need all the inner silence I can get.

LOL true dat.

Very wise of you to self pace.

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000