Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Crown - first call
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  1:56:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi folks,

just had a new experience in DM and wonder if I'm doing everything right. I guess I am, but thought I better ask.

I do SBP as is instructed.
Today my morning sit was particularly "deep" - immersion, slow breathing, loosing contact with physical environment, loosing notion of time, little or no bodily movement, mantra rather faint, even new visual perceptions of tiny "crystallizing consciousness-ellectro-particles (eeehm)."
Since I discovered this video some time ago, I do the first technique (sun&moon) described in it by Dattatreya Siva Baba, whenever I spontaneously feel it's a god day to do it. I do it immediately after DM. (I'd really love to get some feedback on this technique from you guys, since I find it rather very powerful. It's for "compressing time for thought manifestation", as Baba puts it, and it WORKS. When I do it, and it culminates, just when I'm visualizing the thought at the end, my body feels like it's gonna explode in the next second, and I really think that I would hardly be able to tolerate more energy in my system without involuntarily leave my flat via the roof.)

The afternoon sit was equally powerful (deep), with things going on above my head in the second half of it. I was in auto. mulabandha/sambhavi mudra. Everything inside my body/mind kinda moved upwards, into the area above my head. The mantra started to happen in my 7th chakra region, accompanied by perceptions of bright light over my head. My body was highly energized - strait as an arrow, tension in all muscles, shivering, with the muscles on my buttocks trying to push me even higher in space. Finally rather physical sensations on the top of my scull begun to manifest, suggesting an opening activity there, on an area of the size of an Olympic medal. These sensations remained there like for 20 minutes after I stopped saying the mantra.

So two things,

1) is this alright, and should or shouldn't I do something specific now?
2) let me know how Baba's compressing tool works for you

All the best

Edited by - AYPforum on May 17 2009 7:00:16 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  2:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mimirom,

In AYP, we don't focus on the crown, we practice root to third eye and let the crown open by itself. So if you are asking if it's OK to focus on the crown, we would say no. However, if you do want to work at the crown, you can try it, experiment with it a bit. Just start slow.. and if you feel discomfort during practice or during the day, back off... when ready, the crown opening will feel very pleasant and beautiful.. if it is not so, if it is pressure and discomfort.. don't push it. Keep up with the root to third eye and let the crown open by itself.

Read up Yogani's lesson on Lesson 199 - Managing the opening of the crown

Also there are two topics on crown opening/practices going on right now that may help:
crown opening ?
Crown Chakra opening...ready or not?
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  7:32:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Shanti.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  7:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000