Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 dealing with the rest of the world
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maynard

USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  4:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit maynard's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This may come out scattered, but i feel emmense isolation. I am gratefull for this process and the different qualities that i have received, but the deeper i seem to get in this, the more distant and different i feel from everyone around me.

I welcome the different levels of energy and being able to see others auras and stuff, but when i talk to people, interact with society, i feel so bitter towards 99 percent of the people i interact with. Its like people are so oblivious to the degree in which they squander their precious time here on earth,and i can see how at the core 99 percent of the people i come arcoss are selfish. I am rambeling essentially....

With our,I, new found perception, how do we find happiness in a world that is so dark. I feel the stronger teh energy the more clear i can pick up on how lost and cold out world is.

I never cared to fit in, but i struggle with, do i just play a role that i know people want me to be, or do i be myself and sound crazy. How do you guys do it, what is your take?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  5:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Manyard.
Welcome to the forum.

What you are experiencing is a phase. I know it's hard to see it as that when you are in the middle of it.. but look at it this way.. spiritual transformation is like going through second puberty. When a child goes through puberty they go through various emotional, physical and mental changes. They feel they don't fit in this world and parents don't get them and they want to be adults and yet they are kids and there is all sorts of confusion.

However, while they are in it, they feel all those feelings genuinely.. not once do they feel we are confused and we are going through changes and hence we feel the entire world is against us. They truly at that point believe, parents know nothing, the world is out to make things harder for them, no one understands them, no one really loves them as they are, no one "gets" them, and how can people be so "old fashioned" and how can people be so annoying.. etc.. The changes we are going through right now is very similar. The entire world as we knew it is changing.. actually nothing is changing.. and yet all is changing.. and we feel like there is something wrong and people don't get us.. and they are annoying.. and they know nothing.. etc..

But this phase will be gone Manyard. You will be able to sit with someone and enjoy every second you are with them and watch them in amusement and with total loving. There cannot be another who is wrong, the wrong is only in our minds.. the other is only being who they are.. and as you progress on this path, you can watch them and smile and not feel one bit of animosity toward them.. this is loving what is. It will come naturally to you if you continue with your practice.

For now, make this a learning experience... Try some self Inquiry. I love the book "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie. The technique called "the Work" is very easy to follow.

Also, it would help greatly if you read up Yogani's Self Inquiry book. To begin with read the lessons Yogani has out there on self inquiry:
Lesson 321 – An Inquiry about Ending Suffering
Lesson 322 – The Witness as Underlying Cause of Self-Inquiry
Lesson 323 – Roles of Knowledge, Philosophy and Direct Experience
Lesson 324 – Self-Inquiry – From Inspiration to Realization
Lesson 325 – Relational and Non-Relational Self-Inquiry
Lesson 326 – Styles of Self-Inquiry and Bridging the Gap

Here is a piece from his latest lesson:
Lesson 327 – The Evolutionary Stages of Mind
quote:
Assuming one is engaged in daily deep meditation, here are five stages of mind that self-inquiry may play itself upon as we move along in our development:

1. Pre-Witnessing – Information and intellectual assessments about truth provide inspiration, and a tendency to build mental castles in the air, ideas reacting with ideas, which is non-relational self-inquiry. So we do what is necessary to cultivate the witness.

2. Witnessing – Perceiving the world, our thoughts and feelings as objects separate from Self. It is the beginning of relational self-inquiry, chosen or not.

3. Discrimination – The reversal of identification by logical choices based on direct perception rooted in stillness. This is more advanced relational self-inquiry which is able to discern the real from the unreal.

4. Dispassion – Rise of the condition of no judgment and no attachment. The process of self-inquiry becoming automatic to the point of all objects and self-inquiry itself being constantly dissolved in the witness.

5. Unity – The merging of subject and object: "I am That. You are That. All this is That." Ongoing outpouring divine love and service to others as universal Self.

Edited by - Shanti on May 03 2009 5:45:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  7:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maynard

This may come out scattered, but i feel emmense isolation. I am gratefull for this process and the different qualities that i have received, but the deeper i seem to get in this, the more distant and different i feel from everyone around me.

I welcome the different levels of energy and being able to see others auras and stuff, but when i talk to people, interact with society, i feel so bitter towards 99 percent of the people i interact with. Its like people are so oblivious to the degree in which they squander their precious time here on earth,and i can see how at the core 99 percent of the people i come arcoss are selfish. I am rambeling essentially....

With our,I, new found perception, how do we find happiness in a world that is so dark. I feel the stronger teh energy the more clear i can pick up on how lost and cold out world is.

I never cared to fit in, but i struggle with, do i just play a role that i know people want me to be, or do i be myself and sound crazy. How do you guys do it, what is your take?

Love. Nothing but Love. When you awaken, there are no others, there is only you/he/she/it as One. Then, their life is your life and Compassion is a wave you ride innocently into the Unknown.

Then you can flick them the bird!

---------------------------------------------------
Weird, as I wrote the above, I went to the other browser window to see what I was playing on my youtube playlist. Would you believe Power of Love.

-- jo-self
Go to Top of Page

chinna

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  4:55:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit chinna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Maynard

Your post sparks these two thoughts from the path of jnana.....

1) Something that helps me not to judge others is what Vivekananda said, when his disciples were criticising other people who did evil things: "How dare you criticise them! Do you not realise that they must be evil so that you can be good?!" This is so profound, striking to the heart of reality.

The paths of knowledge and love are not two, and Vivekananda's words here are a jnani's door to love.

If we see why what he said is true, we are one with the whole of humanity, we are love. We cannot be saved without all being saved. We cannot be realised without all being realised. The moment we realise, all is perfect in all its dualistic imperfection, and we are THAT.

2) Forget the dilemma 'How to be?', and seek instead That to which it, and everything else, arises. If we do this for whatever arises, 'good' or 'bad', pleasant or unpleasant, we realise that we are beyond either.

love and peace

chinna

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000