Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 crown opening ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  6:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm becoming aware during meditation, Pranyama and just every day life that I am having more and more sensations from the crown than I have in the past. Sometimes I find the sensation jumps from brow to crown and back again like a lightning strike. It's not uncomfortable, although it does feel a bit strange like someone has shaved my head and is pouring something on my skull.

Because I have read so much about the dangers of crown openings I'm a bit concerned that it appears to be getting stronger and i am really having to force the concentration back to the brow and it's taking more and more concentration to prevent the switch to the crown.

Any advice at this point ?

Edited by - AYPforum on May 11 2009 6:25:29 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  6:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  10:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm getting that too. As soon as I sit and take about a minute to settle down, my crown gets focus. Usually right at the top, but sometimes toward the top to rear. Strange force or pressure. Maybe its the cerebral spinal fluid pressure? Sometimes it feels like the hair is moving or there is wind up there.

Once I begin my practices I stop to focus on it and get back to the usual meditation. During the day I also feel my crown activity but I don't concentrate on it and it goes away. I had a rocky awakening many years ago so I know its not something to take lightly.

I bet its probably a very common experience

Sorry I don't have advice.

-- jo-self
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  07:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Because I have read so much about the dangers of crown openings I'm a bit concerned that it appears to be getting stronger and i am really having to force the concentration back to the brow and it's taking more and more concentration to prevent the switch to the crown.

I know we here warn people about not going to the crown and let it open by itself. Yet it is not meant to scare people. Some of us have had premature crown opening, and it was not fun. But I think most of us who did experience this, experienced this before AYP and before we knew about self pacing and grounding.

Some crown activity is natural. The crown needs to open and you will feel some sensations in the crown area. This I think is natural and OK. The things to watch out for are pressure that makes you uncomfortable, too much focus on the crown, uneasiness in your crown area, feeling of being pulled out of the crown during meditation.

So, if there is discomfort and very strong feelings in the crown, it is best to self pace and do grounding stuff. Else, like Jo-self said, don't put your attention there and the feelings will subside. The more attention you give to any energy, the stronger it will get. Make sure you go with root to brow in spinal breathing.

There is another discussion going on on this topic..http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=5579
Maybe you have read it already.

Here is a topic on Automatic crown breathing in SBP?

Each time the attention moves to the crown, gently bring it back to the brow.. and in a few days it will again become a habit. Be gentle, don't let your mind punish you for not getting it... very simply, when attention is on the crown, move it back to brow. When the mind jumps in and says.. "but but.. the crown is calling, and it is alive and the energy.. and the feelings".. all you do is smile and go back to the brow.

I hope some of this helps. Wish you the best.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  09:04:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl and Jo-self,

I'll second Shanti on everything she said. I only wanted to add that the AYP practices are designed to open the crown, just as they are designed to open all the chakras in the body. A premature crown opening is when the crown becomes active and opens before enough purification has already happened. If you are doing the AYP programme, then the crown will only begin to open when that degree of purification has already happened. The only exception to this would be with someone who has done a lot of direct crown work before coming to AYP, and is already wired for things to go pear-shaped.

A normal crown opening in AYP will not be a premature crown opening but a "right-on-time- crown opening".

Spinal breathing from root to brow will only start to activate the crown when the sushumna is purified enough for a kind of "spill-over" of prana to leak from the sushumna up into the crown. Deep meditation will activate the crown, but only when the whole body (and mind) is already purified enough to handle the energies involved.

So fear not! It is a sign that the system works.. and that it is working for you.

If you have any problems with the attention being drawn too strongly to the crown chakra during practices because of everything happening up there, then sambhavi can help to draw the attention (and ecstasy) back to the brow centre.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  1:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all,

I do draw the attention back to the brow when it wanders. It seems likely this is a natural opening as it has been building for a few weeks.

I am wondering where this is going ? I have gone along with the idea that something might happen but to have zero expectations. At the start of DM there were all the experiences that everyone else seems to have and gradually these subsided. These were more hallucination than real, or scenery as Yogani puts it. This crown sensation is far more physical and unexpected.

If I do happen to dwell on the crown during DM (a bit like probing a hole in a tooth) then there are feelings of being rapidly sucked upwards.

Once when I was a lot younger I experimented with meditation after reading a Carlos Casteneda book that my mum had lying around. It resulted in an out of body experience that frightened the living daylights out of me and resulted in a definite desire to leave 'all that weird stuff' well alone

Reading about Crown opening experiences made me wonder if I had inadvertently done this during that particular experience ?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  3:44:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl,

Yes, by the time you get to opening the crown, a lot of the initial experiences will be subsiding, and the real work starts. It is good not to have any expectations of what will happen, it doesn't help, and can hinder the process if your expectations are off the mark. I found that the sensation of being sucked up was stronger in the initial stages, and after a while subsided.

The symptoms of an active and open crown are bliss, witness consciousness and later on unity consciousness. So it is all good news. The crown is really the fruition of the kundalini process and the beginning of enlightenment.

The irony is that the best and safest way to advance through the process is to avoid the crown, especially at first. Later on you may want to try the testing process in lesson 199. When you have some stability (after months or even years of "testing") you could introduce some practices that work directly on the crown chakra. But there is no rush, and the whole process can be very beautiful, especially if it goes smoothly. So it is a case of "slow and safe" whith the crown.

It is a beautiful journey. Enjoy.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  6:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's like the hatching of an egg. There it lays dormant for weeks with a few slight internal changes visible but no real clue as to what is going on. Next moment there is a fluffy chick standing beside a broken shell

It's funny, but I have little or no thoughts about what is ahead (if anything). At the start, every little change seemed amplified and made me want to hoover up more knowledge. Now the waterfall of expectation has changed from roar to a barely audible drip and I think it's better that way.

Thanks very much for the help. I feel more settled that I'm not pushing the envelope and this is just natural.......I'm laughing at 'natural' as explaining this to someone who has no experience would result in a worried stare I suspect.......
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  6:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

It's funny, but I have little or no thoughts about what is ahead (if anything). At the start, every little change seemed amplified and made me want to hoover up more knowledge. Now the waterfall of expectation has changed from roar to a barely audible drip and I think it's better that way.

You are blessed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000