Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Hypothetically
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  10:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hypothetically lets say someone feels they are in what yogani terms "middle stages" of the practices. what would be your advice to them. WIthout your advice the inner guru would still be enough
thanks
With Love
Brother Neil

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  10:07:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
If you don't have a knowledgable teacher who can counsel you regularly then I advise following inner guidance.All the answers you need are within you.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  10:59:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hypothetically, what would this person's current set of practices include?
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  9:48:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the majority of what I do is now AYP focused, during the day I sometimes use a few practices I picked up from another source that I find helpful to bring myself back to the moment. Yogani talks about people being in three phases, beginner, middle stages, and people whose estatic cunductivity is on most the time. Maybe ananda is a good example.

looking over the past I see how at times I had hit very high highs and then crashed. I would say that is a sign of middle stages. Someone who has turned on the juice, but did not know how to keep it in the bottle. I am sure others here can relate. Well now is the time to stop talking about the scenery and just move forward, stop looking under the hood and just keep driving. I realize I have been vague, the reason is I dont care to get into details because the details dont much matter, the drama does not much matter, no need to focus on them, no need to talk much about them. If the time comes where I have to because it is very challenging, and I feel I NEED to, then I will, however, that time has passed. I greatfully and humbly carry the torch from here.

so my general inquiry, to those who have walked through the "middle stages", is what are some "pitfalls" that you feel if avoided would have helped you through the middle stages easier, smoother. I ask this question with little attachment to it. If I get some useful insight then I do, if I dont, well I dont

thanks
with love
Brother Neil

Edited by - brother neil on May 01 2009 10:08:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  9:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by riptiz

Hi,
If you don't have a knowledgable teacher who can counsel you regularly then I advise following inner guidance.All the answers you need are within you.
L&L
Dave

I have all of yogani's books and I look up the practices that I feel relate best to my current situation, also being observant of self pacing. I also have supportive friends. It is time for this student to let go of all teachers hands, and walk the earth with my brothers and sisters. The teachers have given me enough already to where I am able to take it from here. Yogani has given enough, the teachers have given enough, it is time to let go of being attached at the hip. Yes, the answers are within, Time to trust that.
thanks
with love
Brother Neil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000