Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Yogani's Deep Mediation while Dreaming
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HighUpsideDown

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  11:39:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit HighUpsideDown's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

This is my first post and I am glad to meet you.

I could tell you all about my past and experiences but I shall save that for if you all really want to hear it. So lets get down to business =)

I just recently started Yogani's Deep Mediation about 5 1/2 weeks ago, starting with about 15 minutes a day, twice daily. After two weeks, upped my time to 20 minutes and recently on my birthday (the 8th) I continued to add the Spinal Breathing Pranayama.

I have been a Lucid Dreamer for a little over a year. Over the past 14 months I have had a total of 13 Lucid Dreams. I have found that my dreaming has helped me incredibly with my spiritual journey. My earliest experiences here can also be told if you are at all interested.

Lucid dreaming, from what I can tell you is a state of mind that you, yourself, realize that you are dreaming while you are dreaming. From this "perspective" you are able to take control of your dream and, frankly, become a temporary god of your own sub-conscience realm. (Any power, object, act you have ever wanted, will be at your finger tips. Kind of like Neo from the Matrix, mixed with Alice in Wonderland, mixed with the TV show Heroes.) I apologize for the less than wonderful explanation. None the less, it is worth striving for and will change your life. A simple google search will help you out if you are interested, and for some people it will inevitably happen naturally if you are not the go-getter type.

From what I have read and understand (and assume), yogini's try to perform their mediations in lucid dreams to be able to acquire the maximum results in minimal time. Where it would take decades to see results, they can get almost instantaneously.

Recently I have been really wanting to do Yogani's meditation in my dream world. (Like spiritual progress, this also takes a lot of Bhakti) ;)

This is what I experienced:

I found myself dreaming and 'woke up' within the dream. I paced around the floor to make sure I had control over my dream body. I then sat down to perform the Deep Meditation I have been practicing daily for over the past month.

I closed my eyes and started the mantra. An incredible increase in energy was aroused in my whole body. I repeated the mantra again, this time I started to see very rapid glimpses of landscapes and other places with a slight increase in quiet, yet clear voices. None of which I could understand because they were all at once. The third time I repeated the mantra, the scenes were changing into a blur with lightning fast white energy coursing through my vision. The voices increased to hundreds almost too loud to hear. At that point, my body went from an upright sitting posture to being propelled forward onto my elbows and knees and across the room, into a wall. It felt like I was a four wheeler; my body was the engine, and my elbows and knees felt like tires.

I got up from hitting the wall (did not hurt at all) and decided to do this again. I sat back down on the opposite side of the room I was in (small room) and started back up with the mantra. The first time, there was an incredible increase in bodily energy like my first attempt. To give you a comparative, it usually takes me about 5 minutes of complete silence in my meditation to even get a fraction of the energy I felt on the first internal pronunciation of the mantra in my dream world.

The second time I repeated the word, I decided to switch it up a bit, to see if Yogani's manta had any power or I could just repeat anything. I tried repeating "I'm Him". This had a slight soothing effect but absolutely nothing compared to the "I am". After a couple of the false mantras, I went back to Yogani's and instantly saw the internal scenery changing before me, with a hundred voices inside of my head, tilting forward onto elbows and knees and into the table straight ahead of me as if I were an ATV. I decided to get up and switch to my next predetermined task, which was to get struck by lighting (total success, but not needed to explain my post).

On another note, the small voices came back ever so often to give me advice through out the dream.(My meditation being only 5 of the 45 minutes I stayed in my dream realm.) I can only remember one time I was listening to them but what they said is too embarrassing to tell here. Sorry. I'm curious as to where these voices were coming from.

In conclusion with my experience, Yogani's mantra does have the power, though I am more curious to know if it is the power I am currently seeking. (In a sense, I would rather not have any power at all and just Be in the present moment, anyone mind telling me if this is possible without the extra energy?)

I know for now, I will continue to do meditation in the same fashion as before but with more regard to self pacing. I simply do not understand how I would ever be ready for that in this lifetime with out pacing myself diligently.

Next time, I do want to include the Spinal Breathing Pranayama before the Deep Meditation for perhaps more control, I also want to do this outside somewhere where I won't run into anything and maybe keep on four wheelin' it (to who knows where).

I couldn't tell you if AYP meditation helps Lucid Dreaming in any way because this is my first Lucid experience since I had started. I have had 13 Lucid Dreams in 14 months so 5 weeks sounds about right. I can tell you, this was perhaps one of the most vivid and controlled dreams I have ever had, the first thing being meditation is a great possibility of why.

Has anyone else tried this? Is anyone else willing to give it a try?

Thoughts, comments, questions?

Thank you for reading this post, I think a lot, and tend to be a bit spacey, thank you again with baring with me. Good night everyone.

With Love,
Trey

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  09:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I've tried doing spinal breathing and also deep meditation in a lucid dream. With breathing, the thing is that breathing in the dream and the breathing of your sleeping body is synchronized, which is a bit impractical :)

Deep meditation certainly is very powerful in terms of the scenery it can produce in the dream. I've done it I think twice in a lucid dream. What happens for me is a complete letting go of everything, including the mantra. All the content of the dream dissolves, including identification. Then there is just pure being. So it's not really deep meditation anymore.

I haven't done more testing than that and I don't practice lucid dreaming intentionally. I would think that it's pretty easy to overdo deep meditation done like that.

Enjoy :)
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  8:57:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Trey/ Tadeas,

I frequently have lucid dreams as well and done meditation and pranayama. The energy has been variable with pranayama, the last time I tried coincidentally last night, the energy wasn't very intense, but before that, (several months back) it was incredibly intense and kechari was a huge amplifier. I can't explain the variability.

I can't remember how the mantra went, so will try the next time I have the opportunity.

I don't know if either of you can comment, but one thing I find very curious is that every time I have a lucid dream I seem intent usually by the end of it, of getting very still or meditating and each time the same result happens: the dream disappears, I am in black emptiness and I start to spiral and rise ever upwards. My suspicion is that I am rising up to the crown chakra though I usually awaken around this point. Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  09:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem,

I guess it's not surprising that the dream dissolves when you aim for meditation. Meditation is letting go, so all the mental content goes. It happens to me also, although what I experience then is not darkness, or anything specific really - just total bliss and presence and unboudedness. Which is for me the same as being absorbed in the crown chakra.

So I don't know how to interpret what you're experiencing. Just one of the many manifestations of inner silence ;)
Go to Top of Page

awaevo

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  7:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HighUpsideDown

Hello all,

In conclusion with my experience, Yogani's mantra does have the power, though I am more curious to know if it is the power I am currently seeking. (In a sense, I would rather not have any power at all and just Be in the present moment, anyone mind telling me if this is possible without the extra energy?)

Hi Trey :)

I personally began researching energy practices (first kundalini, then qigong, now both) after developing present moment awarness for a year or so, and feeling very pleasant sensations throughout my body (I had never done any 'energy work' before or during this time).

After some time of simply "being present", there would be moments where I would become aware of something extremely alive and "easy" about the space I was in. "Time" became a joke to me, because it seemed so Unreal. I didn't and still don't understand it at all. Through this came a very peaceful energy. A very pleasant, spacious "easy" energy. This energy wasn't really in a specific spot in my body, but felt more like it was my body.

After a while my body became more alive and I would "play" with waves of awarness in more specifit places. Through that I became interested in what This 'feeling' was and eventually that led me to the study of energy practices :).

Perhaps energy will arise either way - but I believe there are many ways to awaken.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 02 2009 :  9:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tadeas

Hi Anthem,

I guess it's not surprising that the dream dissolves when you aim for meditation. Meditation is letting go, so all the mental content goes. It happens to me also, although what I experience then is not darkness, or anything specific really - just total bliss and presence and unboudedness. Which is for me the same as being absorbed in the crown chakra.

So I don't know how to interpret what you're experiencing. Just one of the many manifestations of inner silence ;)

Thanks for sharing your perspective here Tadeas, you're right when I think about it, why should it be surprising that the dream falls away in stillness.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000