Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 mantra: do you sometimes skip it?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  06:01:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was meditating in my usual spot today in the house, but this time with the windows open. The birds were chirping and the sounds of spring were quite lovely. I found that when it came time to go into the mantra part of my meditation, I didn't want to. I just wanted to sit there observing, taking in all that was around and within. So that's what I did.

Would I have been better served by repeating the mantra in my head over and over?

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  07:19:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, you would :)

When you're doing DM and you consciously decide not to go back to the mantra when you realize you're off it, you've just stopped doing the practice.

There's so much opportunity for just observing whatever you're doing during the day, but not many opportunities for the mind to go to the most quiet levels and therefore developing inner silence. And the more silence, the more there is natural peace and observing of whatever you're doing in your life.

So just do the practice and enjoy ;)
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  07:37:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very good reply Tadeas.
Thank You.

Yes Solo, it's just 20 min twice a day you give to meditation, at that time, just practice meditation, later you can enjoy the birds and spring. Yogani's lesson Lesson 31 - Meditation Q&A – Enjoying the great outdoors explains it well.
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  09:07:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both. That is exactly the information I was seeking
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  10:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sometimes after Deep meditation the birds will send you a heart opening mantra that is inaudible before Deep meditation.
with love
brother Neil
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  09:44:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brother neil, that's good to know because I think my heart chakra is what needs the most attention right now. I can't be certain because I don't really have the awareness level to know where my blockages are. But my gut tells me that my heart is being worked on presently.

Have a great day!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000