Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 sex therapy and Tantra teaching Difference?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Boricua

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  8:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Boricua's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hola
me again!

What are the Difference and similarity of
sex therapy and Tantra teaching ??

i live in Puerto Rico i wan't to become a Tantra guru but! i haven't see Tantra teacher around my country just videos and books thats what i use for practicing and learn more about Tantra and other things, their must be some Tantra teacher if you know their are teacher in Puerto Rico please tell me
they told me some great Tantra schools but i don't have the money to move, I'm still finishing hight school.

Edited by - Boricua on May 02 2009 10:15:24 PM

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  03:00:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Boricua,

The difference I come to think of is that sex therapy will be based in modern biosocialpsychological theories which is derived from science. It will probably have the goal to offer people better sexlives, come together in the relationship, getting over sexual blockages etc. No doubt that has its place in the world and is good for many.

Tantric teachings can be of two kinds, as I see it. The first one is very similar to the above, but with the addition of starting to work with energies. It's often called "neo-tantra" or "new age tantra". The goal is still to get better sex, greater orgasms, multiples, etc etc.

The other kind of tantric teachings is what you will find on this site for example. It's about transforming and cultivating the sexual energies to higher frequencies in a divine purpose. The purpose is no longer to feed "YOU" and your sexual experiences, on the contrary, while probably getting all of the benefits mentioned above on the way, the goal is not to satisfy with that, but to go all the way home into ecstatic blissful living 24/7 as That.

I don't know which type of teachings you are interested in, but my suggestion is that you first train a lot and learn a tantric way of living yourself. This site offers good opportunities to learn by reading and practicing the tantra lessons http://www.aypsite.org/TantraDirectory.html

Of course, they are very dependent on meditation, so if you don't meditate yet, that would be an excellent start!

Good luck with your ambition!
Love, emc
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  10:51:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc
The difference I come to think of is that sex therapy will be based in modern biosocialpsychological theories which is derived from science. It will probably have the goal to offer people better sexlives, come together in the relationship, getting over sexual blockages etc. No doubt that has its place in the world and is good for many.

Tantric teachings can be of two kinds, as I see it. The first one is very similar to the above, but with the addition of starting to work with energies. It's often called "neo-tantra" or "new age tantra". The goal is still to get better sex, greater orgasms, multiples, etc etc.

The other kind of tantric teachings is what you will find on this site for example. It's about transforming and cultivating the sexual energies to higher frequencies in a divine purpose. The purpose is no longer to feed "YOU" and your sexual experiences, on the contrary, while probably getting all of the benefits mentioned above on the way, the goal is not to satisfy with that, but to go all the way home into ecstatic blissful living 24/7 as That.

Brillant emc
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  1:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, my friend!
Go to Top of Page

Boricua

USA
8 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  7:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Boricua's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Hi Boricua,

I don't know which type of teachings you are interested in, but my suggestion is that you first train a lot and learn a tantric way of living yourself. This site offers good opportunities to learn by reading and practicing the tantra lessons http://www.aypsite.org/TantraDirectory.html

Of course, they are very dependent on meditation, so if you don't meditate yet, that would be an excellent start!

Good luck with your ambition!
Love, emc

thank you =) this help
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000