Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 nostalgia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  6:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is nostalgia (or melancholy) simply misplaced bhakti?

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2005 :  01:01:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
EVERYTHING is misplaced bhakti.

Corollary: Taking sexual energy upwards isn't sublimation of sexuality; taking it downward (i.e. lust) is sublimation of divinity. This is provable. We all know that sex is rarely quite all we'd hoped for (is Hugh Hefner a happy man?). The bliss of God realization (even just a touch of it) is very very not disappointing, and it never gets old ever. It is obviously the Real Thing we'd previously been looking for (in all the wrong places....).
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2005 :  01:23:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a very valid (though not at all AYP) practice, btw, to keep taking every yearning, every craving, every emotion, every action, toward God (or whatever you want to call it..."God" is a loaded word, I know!) by making it bhakti.

If someone cuts you off while driving and your heart pounds, make it bhakti. If you stub your toe, make it bhakti. Here's a good one for guys (maybe women, too, I can't speak to that): if you see a beautiful woman whose presence gets you all hot and bothered, you will be amazed at how easy and natural it is to transform/channel/elevate that feeling into bhakti. In time, you'll see that it was God in the beauty that was turning you on to begin with. Sounds nutty, I know, but it's true. And if you can reach that point of understanding, that's a good place to really start stripping off delusion......a lot of other things become clear.......

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Oct 26 2005 01:25:29 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000