AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 increased senses and attention
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  11:41:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

I'm new to practicing meditation and noticed that during meditation i hear noises which i normally don't hear like a person walking on the street, a bird singing etc. Theses noises normally are not hearable in the place i practice.
So considering meditation is increasing the senses its making my sense of hearing stronger. I take it normal. But i feel like this is something bad and taking my attention away from my mantra or breathing whatever i concentrate on.
So i was wondering whats the way to do it. Should i be alert and witness everything i feel, sense and think while focusing on my mantra? Or i fully focus on mantra and forget the rest of the things?

Thank you for your help in advance

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  11:56:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello kaserdar and welcome to the forums, the same case scenario has been happening here for a long time especially during my afternoon sessions.

at first i delayed my session to a later time in the evening but that wasn't such a good idea bcz sleep got disturbed.

so i got back to my usual session and really it's all good the meditation is pretty deep you may say.

guess the best advise i could give is just focus on the mantra and let everything pass as it is don't give it too much credit and when you notice you're off the mantra than simply just go back to it.

nothing more nothing less just a plain simple game.

light and love,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  12:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kaserdar and welcome to the AYP forums!

I agree with Ananda in that the best approach is to just go back to the mantra as best as you can. Treat anything that pulls you from the mantra as a distraction and simply return to your DM practice as you notice you are off into thoughts of that which is distracting you. That said, it is always helpful when beginning a DM practice, to take as many distractions away as possible. Turn your phone off, shut the door, close your windows (if the birds singing are distracting you or there are airplanes or traffic around etc), put the dog in the backyard, etc etc....take away as many of the distractions as you can. If the distractions you are experiencing are all coming from the inside, coming from an internal source, the corrections are still the same. Treat EVERYTHING as a distraction and come back to the mantra. This may turn into you feeling like you are off into thought for most of your DM session, but remember that this will pass, your ability to focus on one thing will increase, and the distractions will become less and less distracting over time. Keep practicing and always return to the mantra whenever you realize you are off of it. Hope this helps. Much love.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  12:07:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kaserdar:

The mantra is the most important thing in this kind of meditation.When you realize you have lost the mantra,softly and slowly,pick up the mantra again.
Its not about forgetting the rest of things that are not the mantra,its about letting the rest of things go,without fighting,and very softly returning to the mantra...
detachment..because its just scenary and the mantra sound is the real tool of purification.And it's very powerful.
Have you read well the main lessons? im sure it can help you a lot with this questions....and the dm book of yogani is a great tool also...its helping me a lot with this questions...
good luck in your path!

Edited by - miguel on Apr 27 2009 12:13:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  08:14:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i think i got the point. thanks to all of you for your responses.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000