AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Visualisation( or Image) v Vibration - I AM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  09:34:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Can one do DM by gently imagining"I AM" (like an image of ,as such) receding in the distance?

I get the feeling one then inhabits a state where one is in consciousness(without the trappings of mind), if that makes any sense?( and sensory withdrawal,inward focus or pratyahara is attained easier, also then loss of ego and sense of I may then come easier asa result too while in that state )

I am completely new to all of this,and understand it's the vibratory quality of I AM one must focus on.

I most enjoy SBP and appreciate the enrgetic effects(& the possibilities of overload which i have probably experienced with asana before)buT really wish to nail DM, so to speak, as this is the preparatory foundation step- Lesson 1., the first step in purifiying and opening the nervous system.

I think it's becuase i find this way easier,and did it the first few times this way,but i misunderstood it wwas the vibration one focused on, not the symbol.Perhaps i am not used to vocalising mantras's with my mind's eye or consiousness.

I guess it will come with practice,and in time.. I should just be patient , as i've only been doing this about a week.BUt AYP really has openend up a new hidden dimension in my yoga practices. And i'm grateful for Yogani and the site for this, like us all here.

Folk hunt years to get this kind of stuff,and only by knowing a teacher intimately.

I know the vibration is probably better ,but i need to practice more.I think it is the idea of feeling the mantra,it's vibration, without vocalising it lat least physically, that perhaps i need to work on.

Bear in mind i've only been doing this a week and started with doing visaulisation,as it came easier, rather than vibration. Now i reallise on re-reading Yogani's quality pages what is suggested

Many thx

Edited by - Akasha on Apr 25 2009 09:42:52 AM

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  10:41:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

in DM you just gently repeat the mantra and when you realize you're off it, you come back to it. That's all.

When you realize you're paying attention to visualizing anything, just come fully back to mantra. When you realize you're inspecting how to focus on the vibration of the mantra, again just come fully back to the mantra. During the practice, you don't need to worry about your senses, or about any particular state of consciousness. You are beyond all these states. So you only return to the mantra. Nothing more :)

It will quickly become automatic, so just practice and keep returning back to mantra and the rest will take care of itself.

Also check out this post by Yogani: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=5157#45144

Take care :)
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  11:58:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tadeas

Hi,

in DM you just gently repeat the mantra and when you realize you're off it, you come back to it. That's all.

When you realize you're paying attention to visualizing anything, just come fully back to mantra. When you realize you're inspecting how to focus on the vibration of the mantra, again just come fully back to the mantra. During the practice, you don't need to worry about your senses, or about any particular state of consciousness. You are beyond all these states. So you only return to the mantra. Nothing more :)

It will quickly become automatic, so just practice and keep returning back to mantra and the rest will take care of itself.

Also check out this post by Yogani: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=5157#45144

Take care :)

Perfect explanation.

Like a hall of mirrors the mind constantly creates things which take you away from the mantra, such as how to do the mantra, breathing with the mantra, which direction the mantra, music with mantra, visions on sensations with mantra.

How simple just to simply repeat a mantra and how complex the mind tries to make it seem.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000