New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  11:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I totally agree with your post Shanti,using the desire for helping spiritual journey sounds fantastic and its the essence of tantric tradition! desire comes from God also,and He gives it to us for working trought it...its a powerfull force

Ether

quote:
I have stopped seeking lots of times in my life. They were the most dark times and least happy,

What happened after,how ilusion and joy came back after that dark times? maybe your answer can brig some inspiration here...

quote:
the meaning of life was in TV commercials.

What does it mean?sorry i dont understand very well.I find tv boring..

Edited by - miguel on May 03 2009 11:49:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  11:52:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I have stopped seeking lots of times in my life. They were the most dark times and least happy,

IMO everything happens for a reason and all things work together for good. If you stopped seeking for a while, that was meant to happen. Perhaps just so that you could better appreciate the times you WERE seeking. Everything happens for a reason, and all decisions we make, whether "right" or "wrong" (in our opinions) are all meant to be made and the outcome is what is God's Will. I think we often miss the bigger picture when saying things like this. I'm not saying stop seeking if that is not your path, but if it is your path today, there is a reason for it.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on May 03 2009 11:53:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  1:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by miguel

Ether

miguel:
What happened after,how ilusion and joy came back after that dark times? maybe your answer can brig some inspiration here...

The dark times were always ended by a decision to end them, followed by action. Beginning meditation again, or bringing God into my life again by constantly thinking of him.
Dark times are brought upon by giving up the path, and living the illusion.

quote:
the meaning of life was in TV commercials.

What does it mean?sorry i dont understand very well.I find tv boring..

TV commercials tell you that you can find happiness by buying things, being beautiful, and having fun with your friends with their products and places. They tell fat people that buying some plastic thing will make them thin and beautiful. Many people believe that stuff. They follow the advice on TV, and never connect the fact that they aren't getting what was promised.

--------------------

Carson wrote:
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------
IMO everything happens for a reason and all things work together for good. If you stopped seeking for a while, that was meant to happen. Perhaps just so that you could better appreciate the times you WERE seeking. Everything happens for a reason, and all decisions we make, whether "right" or "wrong" (in our opinions) are all meant to be made and the outcome is what is God's Will. I think we often miss the bigger picture when saying things like this. I'm not saying stop seeking if that is not your path, but if it is your path today, there is a reason for it.

Love,
Carson

But i never made the decision to get back on the spiritual path because of "God's will". It was always made by the agony and torture of hitting bottom, and comparing suicide with returning to the path.
I always chose the path to spare my family the pain that suicide would cause them.
Actually it was not always suicide, but the desire to exit that world.

For people in that worldview, seeking is quite a useful desire.

And what is ironic is that in those dark worlds, you don't believe that the spiritual path can save you. It is often just one thing on a long list of desparate attempts to get out.

Edited by - Etherfish on May 03 2009 1:34:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  1:38:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The dark times were always ended by a decision to end them, followed by action. Beginning meditation again, or bringing God into my life again by constantly thinking of him.

Oh,ok...your dark times are related to giving up the path...i understand..but....why you decided to live hat ilusion again?
i think im aswering too much and maybe its not comfortable for you...im only trying to bring some light here,to my self...of course,dont answer if you want,i will understand...

quote:
TV commercials tell you that you can find happiness by buying things, being beautiful, and having fun with your friends with their products and places. They tell fat people that buying some plastic thing will make them thin and beautiful. Many people believe that stuff. They follow the advice on TV, and never connect the fact that they aren't getting what was promised.

It happens here in Spain also,but not to that level you say...wow!i didnt know that was the situation in USA...(with all my respects to USA people)

Edited by - miguel on May 03 2009 1:41:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  1:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Etherfish.....
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

But i never made the decision to get back on the spiritual path because of "God's will". It was always made by the agony and torture of hitting bottom, and comparing suicide with returning to the path.

It doesn't matter why you made the decision. You needed to hit rock bottom and that was God's Will. You choosing to go back to the path after hitting rock bottom was also God's Will. Commiting suicide was not God's Will so it didn't happen. But even if you HAD chosen suicide over returning to the path, THAT would have been God's Will as well. There would have been good that came from that. Whether 10 minutes after or 10,000 years after. EVERYTHING happens because it is God's Will. Regardless of how we see things.

Love,
Carson

P.S. I have been in the exact same situation so I am speaking from experience here......I needed to hit rock in my own life so that I could desire that "turnaround". Without hitting rock bottom I would not be here today. Without everything in my past happening as it did I would not be here today. So I am thankful for every hard time as well as every ecstatic moment, for without a single one of these times I would not be where I am today; resting in the palm of God's hand

Edited by - CarsonZi on May 03 2009 1:53:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  1:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Please,let me say this words to you Ether:

Much love for you from here Ether.I wish you ALL THE BEST in your path.

Edited by - miguel on May 03 2009 1:57:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  2:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by miguel

quote:

Oh,ok...your dark times are related to giving up the path...i understand..but....why you decided to live hat ilusion again?
i think im aswering too much and maybe its not comfortable for you...im only trying to bring some light here,to my self...of course,dont answer if you want,i will understand...

It came from lack of desire to seek the path. Getting caught up in the illusion. Just living life - trying to make a living, trying to make life what I want - trying to find the right woman, the right job, the right place to live. Do you know what it is to get lost in the illusion? It happens when you stop seeking or lose the desire to be on the path. it happens easily when you are surrounded by people who are not spiritual.

Carson wrote:
quote:

It doesn't matter why you made the decision. You needed to hit rock bottom and that was God's Will. You choosing to go back to the path after hitting rock bottom was also God's Will. Commiting suicide was not God's Will so it didn't happen. But even if you HAD chosen suicide over returning to the path, THAT would have been God's Will as well. There would have been good that came from that. Whether 10 minutes after or 10,000 years after. EVERYTHING happens because it is God's Will. Regardless of how we see things.

Good, then there is never any reason to make an effort to change or improve things. Practicing twice a day requires effort. God's will is for me to be anti-social, slovenly and lazy. No use fighting that!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  2:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well I guess everyone is different then Etherfish. I have chosen to stop fighting. Fighting for me only creates further seperation. I will always stick with my practices and do them without expectation as best I can, but I am not going to try to dictate to reality how it should be. That isn't "right thought" for me. If you feel that you need to strive for whatever you feel you need, then strive away my friend. But for myself personally, as long as I am doing my practices, the more I "search" the further I get. I have found what I needed. (the AYPractices). Now for me it is time to let go of trying to control everything and just let God show me what is best. (that means taking every opportunity given to me that I resonate with. Kind of like the conclusion in the movie "Yes Men". Not doing anthing and everything you are presented with, but taking every opportunity that presents itself according to the resonation with the inner guru) To each their own right?

Love,
Carson

P.S. Kinda like taking the approach of learning to perfect your reactions to events instead of trying to control the events themselves so that they turned out in a way you could react appropriately with.
The less I try to control the better. Control is an illusion from my perspective. Just when I think I have control God "yanks the carpet out from under my feet".

Edited by - CarsonZi on May 03 2009 2:29:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  2:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
it happens easily when you are surrounded by people who are not spiritual

Oh Ether,you have touched a great point there!!!
Im having big problems for having the life i had two years ago...
You know....last week i went out with friends at night...friday and sunday...
ok...i felt like contaminated the days after,and i saw my energetic levels had decreased...it was here for the next five days...i found my self loosing the path...it was hard doing sadhanna the days after...
the question is that i want to join the life at weekends,i find it very groundin(too much i think,people here stay in the streets at night almost until day break and i find difficult to go home early...)....but....i feel lot of darkness and negativity after going out at night...i feel unconfortable and i feel my self with a false face for appeal other people...
The days after,alll my clothes with an horrible tobacco smell(i dont smoke,and i drink a couple of beers..),and my energetic aura full with all types of thoughts and feelings from other people and environment...
Whre can i find now the joy in life?i need a shield!

Edited by - miguel on May 03 2009 2:29:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  4:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just different ways of looking at it, Carson. That's why it's hard to give people advice on spirituality, other than to meditate twice a day. Also I am in a different stage of life than you.

I have found what I need also; and I need to strive; to struggle. For me it is the essence of life. I used to want to retire and relax, and not have to do anything. Then I saw that people who do that often die fairly soon.
I do a lot of electrical work in nursing homes. Everything is taken care of for those people. Their eyes are not bright. They have no initiative; no purpose. I can see in their eyes that they wish they had a purpose. I set up a ladder next to a lady in a wheelchair. Her hands involuntarily move to try to help, but she's not really doing anything. They stare at the wall and wait for lunch.

Before so many were taken care of in homes, those people would do everything they could, no matter how little, to help others. Now the homes have liability issues. If you let a lady wash the dishes and she slips and falls, it's your fault for letting her. So the very things that keep the spark of life in people have been taken away in the name of safety.

It has been proven that the brain will retain newly grown braincells only if you are solving hard problems. Otherwise you lose them. Also the body has to be stretched and used or it withers. So I see somewhat of a struggle as being what keeps me alive. It's part of this existence. I put it to use for others and it equals a purpose in life.
So for me, to strive and struggle is not fighting the path and thinking everything is wrong and must be changed. It is simply my path. God says "Here's a really difficult problem - I know who to give that to - Etherfish"

-----------------
Miguel,
I know what you mean. You don't have to shun that crowded, smoky world though. I like to experience a little of it sometimes. I prepare myself knowing it will be smoky and noisy, and have disagreeable people. But I decide to immerse myself in the feeling of being surrounded with friends, all enjoying the same thing. I limit it to one night, and do everything they do, and have fun, and act as though there is nothing I would rather do. The next day I recover, clean up, and return to a quieter life that I enjoy more.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  03:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much

Edited by - miguel on May 04 2009 06:15:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  4:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel it,i feel it...each day,each week,each month!Its happening!Its in the air!Dont you smell it!Its coming!each day faster than the day before!

Lovelovelovelove

Edited by - miguel on May 22 2009 5:16:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  5:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  5:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awsome-times-are-a-comin'!!!!
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  05:23:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  12:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There's a change in the air......

Fast------------------------>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Edited by - Akasha on May 23 2009 12:30:58 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000