New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  3:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all.

I want to talk about the past times of 60' and 70',despite i didt live that times.
I have always seen that times like an great opening in the people,society,love,flowers,hapiness,ilusion,hope,a new age....
Yogani wrote about this also,he says that age was a reflect of the new age now is coming to us,human beings,a new age of individual rediscover of our divine inner essence...great tehnologic developments of xx century are a reflect of this also...and more things too...
i think its ok,wonderul,a new age,its very encouraging,positive for all this message.

But on the other hand,i come down to earth and see that times of 60' 70' ended.I see lots of people who where very active with ideals of that time,after they leave it and forgot their youth,they began to think about making much money,destroying mother earth and that things.I see most of the people of that time with a sad face now.desilusion,and the same world than before,more wars,pain,and the same old hard reality of the world.
And i ask to me ¿wheres the new age,the opening,the more developed human being? I think 60 and 70' was a youth dream.Youth ended,and they changed also.Only a dream.
I see spirituality from east,yoga and other systems have had a boom here in western world.Its normal,we have lost the connection with our inner nature and its calling for help.
I see the actual youth, like me, with No ideals,materialism,instant satisfaction,little effort in live,no hope...for what we are living for? this is an stupid world....thats our way of thinking...only materilism...
Where the new age?where's the new higher vibration of our energetic sistem? doesnt it seem more like a decadent society? where are we going?
As i practice a daily yoga shadana,i percieve day by day,with more intensity,the big scream from me and the rest of the society for a meaning ....a scream for love,sense in life,ideals,hope....
In my parents times,there were more principles in life,like effort in life,respect,ideals...but the actual youth...its very diferent...

Are you sure times they are A-changin'??? where??? how??? when???

Edited by - miguel on Apr 26 2009 3:43:07 PM

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  3:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wondeful topic miguel!

I really don't have an answer though...I had periods of great hope where I was almost sure that indeed a new era was coming...other times, like now, I am much more skeptical. Indeed the world is changing, but is it to a brighter, happier, future? Only time will tell I guess...I guess it depends on your view: optimistic or pessimistic? I agree sometimes it is hard to be optimistic when you see what is going on around us. Is spirituality going to help us here? Maybe...

The times they are a-changin'...always have been. I am also curious about other people's thoughts on this!
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  4:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Things appear to be more and more dire, don't they? It all must play itself out, the "good" and the "bad". When an addict reaches the end of addiction the result is either death or a new way of life. I've noticed that the end of an addiction can be a frenzied affair where it all gets pretty intense. Ego is like the original addiction. If there is more awareness and less ignorance of the true nature of self it seems to be a silent affair. Keep manifesting awareness by going within (that grace thing ). "The sixties" is with us.

Edited by - Balance on Apr 26 2009 6:38:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  4:07:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel

quote:
Where the new age?where's the new higher vibration of our energetic sistem?

It is right here

Many answers can be given to this question....but here it seems that this very dialogue that we are having....and the way it came about... is just one of many indications that times are indeed different from 40 years back. Very different.

Just take a look here (exerpt from this topic
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4975 by Yogani):

Updated March 31, 2009

Hi All:

AYP has seen over 135,000 unique visitors from 195 countries and over 2.6 million page views (hits) since Google record-keeping started in July 2007.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  4:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We cross-posted again Katrine How lovely to share with you!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  4:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Balance

Sharing is great, isn't it....
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  4:48:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was around in the sixties, with all the peace, love, flowers etc. It wasn't what it appeared to be. I saw it as sort of a fad. There were a few inspirational people who were serious, and then a million followers who enjoyed the comraderie.
I had always believed in peace and love, but when people started saying it all day long, I felt it was fake. For instance, some of them hated cops because they weren't "with the program". Some of them thought it was OK to kill cops because they interfered with people breaking the law.

I was a good looking long haired hippy, then one day I cut my hair short, and my girlfriend left me, and wouldn't speak to me again. I think people in the sixties thought that you could act like little children and everything would work out. Most of them didn't want to grow up and run the world like adults.

Today you see a lot of that same thing going on. People who are utopian but don't know how to balance their books. People who believe in wonderful ideals, but don't want to do the dirty work of figuring out how to bring them about.
So on the surface things are different today, but underneath it is the same.

With the exception of spiritual energy increasing, and what you see here: People changing themselves, which is ultimately the only way to change the world anyway.

PS: Personally I am ecstatic about all the turmoil in the world today. It means things are changing. As long as things are relatively OK, people complain but nothing changes. Only when things are majorly screwed up will you see real change.

Edited by - Etherfish on Apr 26 2009 4:52:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  5:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Today you see a lot of that same thing going on. People who are utopian but don't know how to balance their books. People who believe in wonderful ideals, but don't want to do the dirty work of figuring out how to bring them about.
So on the surface things are different today, but underneath it is the same.

With the exception of spiritual energy increasing, and what you see here: People changing themselves, which is ultimately the only way to change the world anyway.

That was a good damn inspired post!
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  7:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by miguel

Are you sure times they are A-changin'??? where??? how??? when???

Yes. Here. AYP. Now.

Some great comments from others (Katrine, Etherfish, YIL, Balance) .... & I don't have much to add, except some very sincere encouragement.

You wanna know one of *the* biggest secrets of awakening?

The utter JOY of getting (understanding) that it's not about "the world", and how it "is", or what you might get, or not get ..... it's about the living freedom of giving ..... "Be the change you wish to see in the world", as Gandhi said.

There's a way to "insure" the times (they are a'changin') ... for you, and everyone whose lives you touch:

Awaken.

You can't help others, if you're drowning yourself.

You can't love others if you're seeking love yourself (*giving* loving, on the other hand ... works wonders ... in every moment it's given fully; even if part of you fears not having it .... by giving love, you *do* have it .... you *are* it ... it's exactly the opposite of how conditioned mind *thinks* it is!)

In the whole history of the world, in every culture ... things are largely the same. Most people have good hearts; a handful lapse into extreme negativity; some of us are blessed with a sense of "something more", and have a spiritual practice; some of us are blessed with enough of that sense to awaken out of the mire of "thought-self".

Your mind will *never* rest .... as long as you're identified with it; as long as you "think you are who you think you are".

Keep practicing; give love; intend uplifting/blessing results for all in every situation ... and bit by bit .... the artificial mind-self relaxes its "death grip" on everything .... and you start to shine ... in and as This Loving Awareness You Are.

The "Times" don't change as much as they ... dissolve ... into the wholeness of ... right here, right now.

As enlightened Jesuit priest Anthony De Mello says: the one thing agreed upon by all mystics of every tradition, always -- "All Is Well".

And again - the thought-self will never "get it" .. and so, the thought-self is best ignored (How? Just ... open ... in presence .... meditate twice daily; practice AYP).

I used to be stressed and worried about stuff like this, too.

It's kind of like taking sides in a debate: the thought-mind can *always* see it as "really bad" ... except when it (very temporarily) sees it as "really good".

I didn't learn to see it differently ... as much as I kept practicing, and thought-mind largely dissolved.

And now ... it just is; and it's fine; and there's more love and beauty than I ever *could* have imagined, when I was living via imagination (as all thought-selves do).

Learn to distinguish between the conceptual and the actual; that single step can accelerate awakening immeasurably.

The actual is this, right now, without any mental evaluation.

The conceptual is .... everything else.

Hope that helps!

Peace, Joy & Other Fun Stuff,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Apr 26 2009 7:37:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  7:49:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks kirtanman,
I appreciate your post
Brother Neil
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  8:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel.....

I could write a big long post here, but I am in the less is more mode today.....

My advice to you is this.....

Trust God.

Trust that God has a master plan and that this is all part of it. We may not see His plan in the wider perspective, but once things come to pass we will all see that things have to be the way they are now in order to have the beautiful future ahead that God has planned for us. Learn to let go of your thoughts of the future, and even your thoughts of the present and just exist in the radiant glory that is God right Now. The future will be perfect. Just like the present is right now. It may not look like it now but God works in mysterious ways. Have faith.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  10:07:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am....i am...i am....
lets go guys,its working...
I am..I am...I am...
Thanks...I am......i am...

Edited by - miguel on Apr 26 2009 10:25:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  11:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Isn't every New Age preceded by a previous New Age? Is there any new age that isn't new?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  03:23:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
great posts everyone, thk you for your contributions and thk you miguel for opening this up and i am pro the experiential theory that pains purifies.

and as a wise man once said:
quote:
Only when things are majorly screwed up will you see real change.

everything is really going that way.

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  04:22:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to you ananda (and everyone) for your presence here.
"pains purifies." ..yes,i think so...
I think this tread was opened by itself,not by me,and can be very very interesting to let it grow spontaneously...
because the answer my dear friends, Is blowing in the wind....
change is in our hands,lets the twice per day ayp works,lets get down to earth our awakened inner fire,bringing it back from third eye to root...again...and again...lets build together the divine cross of love and ascension...
Peace and love

Edited by - miguel on Apr 27 2009 05:29:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  5:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all again.
Did anybody had any bad reaction to my answers to this topic?
I feel i answered in a strange form,and maybe it was hurting for anybody...
Really,after reading the answers,i dont know what more can i say about this,because all was said your posts,and i dont have nothing more to add to my first post on this topic...I really dont know wheres going our actual world.I have no clear opinion built...
But if anyone got offended,please,let me now...this treath get lost...sorry if my answers hurted anybody...

Edited by - miguel on Apr 27 2009 5:31:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  8:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see anything at all that could be hurtful Miguel!! nada.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  02:57:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oh...ok..ha,ha...thanks
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  08:27:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Yesterday I went to our town park and I heard a strange new sound. I went to investigate and lo and behold there were toads in our lake! Wow, its been years without them. I even saw a turtle and a big fish. So, yes, good things are happening. Its not doom yet.

-- jo-self

Edited by - Jo-self on Apr 28 2009 08:34:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  5:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wonderfull jo-self.
(i hope its not because of global warming of things like that)

Edited by - miguel on Apr 29 2009 4:08:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  3:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all.
Definitely something is happening in the world.Don you feel it?
The world is extremly agiteted this days,i can feel it,im also very agitated...
Global financial situation,problem with pigs(epidemic),The recently change in America (Obama)...and more..
I have been feeling very agitated since two years...and this days,i can see all my friends are very agitated and depressed also...
It seems the world is losing its direction...
Each day is more uncertain than the day before....and i had observe that there are gaps of days between this situation of some calm,like time for integration of changes.
It seems the situation is getting more serious day by day...where are we going?isnt it too fast for us?are we in the edge of a "Boom"??? I feel it...
Anybody feels this situation?im sure that there are more people here that feel it.
Im a little afraid...
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  3:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Did anybody hear about Mayan calendar?An ancient civilitation.
They made their calendar a long time ago,including future dates of the world,they covered from their time to year 2012.
Mayan calendar ends in 2012.I ask my self about the meaning,why they fixed the end of their calendar in this next 2012...there are books about this...
I think its intriguing...I dont want to be an apocaliptic person,but i feel something is changing...

Edited by - miguel on Apr 29 2009 4:10:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  5:03:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
WHen I used to skateboard I would aim to learn new tricks. I used to skate most everyday. One day I would learn a couple of new tricks, the next day some more, and then for a while I would not learn any. Sometimes I would have off days where I felt as if I had regressed. Then another day would come where I would learn more tricks, sometimes as many as seven or eight, like a quantam leap so to speak. maybe a few tricks the next day, and then I would level out again for a while.
my point is that when I skateboarded I would not learn on a straight line, but one that had peaks and valleys, however the direction was up.

Spiritual awakening, have we seen it in the sixties/seventies guess so, however this time is a higher peak. We Keep the faith, believe, and go to our silent space.
my 02
with love
brother Neil
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  5:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes BN,but...there was an s.awekening in 60' 70',and now there is a higher peak,another awekening?...dont you think its too fast? another change now?why things goes faster and faster every day?
Maybe the world needs self-pacing,its excessive...
Thanks for your opinions
Go to Top of Page

chinna

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  6:18:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit chinna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel

I was young in the 60s and 70s, and was miserable.
Now I am in advancing middle age, and am happy.
The difference is an inner freedom, a capacity to give and receive. I think that in every age the young are seeking exactly the right thing, exactly this freedom and love. But in each age we look in different places and our seeking takes different forms, and we never quite get it. So we stop seeking. And, if we have sought sincerely, we find that what we were seeking was there all along, closer to us than our own breath, than I-Am. To find it we have to stop seeking. But we can't stop seeking until our desire runs out of road. Spiritual paths are clever systems for directing seeking/desire so that it runs out of road, taking the seeker with it, as fast as possible.

chinna
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  6:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thnkas chinna for sharing your experience in life...it makes sense for me what you are talking about...stop seeking sounds difficult to achieve...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000