Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 New to AYP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manta

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:17:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit manta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi

Ive been practicing deep meditation and other AYP practices for about a month and I am wondering where to get tapped as Christie did to john Wilder. I live in the UK.

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:26:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums manta.
John Wilder is a fictional story, and the tapping is not a real thing.
However, the effects of it can easily be obtained on your own. Just click on "main lessons" at the top of this page, and follow the free lessons there.
You don't even have to get into advanced yoga to experience wonderful results.
You can read in these forums about all the benefits people experience.

There is something called shaktipat where energy is transferred to you, but you still need to do basic practices twice a day to have a lasting effect.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:33:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Manta,

Welcome to the forum.

If you read Yogani's lessons, he writes at the end of every lesson.. "The Guru Is In YOU".. and when you sit to meditate for the first time, you are tapped from within. You don't need to find an external source for that tap.

Yogani explains it well here
"Originally posted by yogani
Being a novel, the Secrets of Wilder takes a few liberties in picking up on common themes that can make the story more relevant and inspiring for English speaking (mainly American) Christian readers. While writing it, I did not expect that it would find an international audience.

One of these common themes is picking up on well-known English Biblical phrases like, "I am the way..." and the God of Moses speaking "I am that I am..." and so on.

Another theme that is used, common in Christianity and other religions, is touching as an initiatory action (tapping the breastbone in this case). I can't tell you how many times I have been asked where to go to get that tap. I always say that the first time anyone sits in deep meditation, they are tapped from the inside, and every time thereafter. It is true!
In addition, the Secrets of Wilder story reflects the classic theme of the "hero's journey," so well described in the work of Joseph Campbell. The novel loosely corresponds with the story in the Christian Gospels also.

None of this should have a bearing on the practices themselves, or on how people of different language, religion or culture may wish to approach them. If I were Swedish, the Secrets of Wilder may have presented a different sort of story, like The Secrets of John the Viking , and the themes unique to language and culture would have been developed for that. But the practices would be the same, including the use of I AM (AYAM) as mantra for vibrational quality only in deep meditation, which I hope is made clear in the Secrets of Wilder novel.

Finally, I should point out that the first draft of the Secrets of Wilder was written in early 2003, before AYP was started, or even conceived of. When the first draft of the novel was done, it became clear that if more people were to be reached more quickly, then the practices should be transmitted directly on the internet in open source lesson format. With that realization, the novel was set aside and AYP was started in late 2003. After the first AYP Easy Lessons book came out in late 2004, the novel was finished up and published as the second book in mid 2005.

So the novel was where it all started. We have come a long way since then.

Hopefully, putting the writings in the context of when and why they were done will help separate language and cultural factors in the novel from the actual practices, as may be needed.

The guru is in you.

PS: I don't know if AYP ever would have happened if the novel had not been drafted first. Apparently, John Wilder inspired me to look far beyond the borders of sleepy "Coquina Island." Funny how things happen. I hope he has done the same for others. "

Hope this helps.

Thank you for joining us.

Wish you the best in your chosen path.
Go to Top of Page

manta

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  09:06:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit manta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Welcome to the forums manta.
John Wilder is a fictional story, and the tapping is not a real thing.
However, the effects of it can easily be obtained on your own. Just click on "main lessons" at the top of this page, and follow the free lessons there.
You don't even have to get into advanced yoga to experience wonderful results.
You can read in these forums about all the benefits people experience.

There is something called shaktipat where energy is transferred to you, but you still need to do basic practices twice a day to have a lasting effect.

Go to Top of Page

manta

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  09:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit manta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

Thank you for both the replies.I have all yoganis books now and have been reading and practicing. People have noticed a difference in me. It is something that I have been searching for, for a very long time.

regards
Manta

It may be the shaktipat that I have heard about as one of my friends was tapped?
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  11:20:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi manta, welcome to the forums! I'm glad you arrived

Roman
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  12:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Home Manta!!

Nice to have you aboard!
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  1:17:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi manta welcome to the forum its good to have another UK member the more the merrier
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  1:23:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi manta, and welcome to the forums.

about the tapping stuff it's smthg which is done in the self realization fellowship, but if you can do it yourself just by sitting down and practicing why should you give others the credit.

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

manta

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  06:23:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit manta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

Thank you for all the lovely greetings from all around the world- amazing.

Manta
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000