Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Where do people go?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  11:32:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've noticed that a lot of regular posters seem to suddenly stop posting and disappear completely. I wondered about this. There were some long time posters that seemed to offer a lot of good advice who have simply just dropped off the radar for no apparent reason. I hope they are ok.

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  11:51:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps they became enlightened and no longer need to talk about anything?

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  12:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting perspective Carson,i like it

Edited by - miguel on Apr 22 2009 12:07:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  2:09:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Perhaps they became enlightened and no longer need to talk about anything?

Love,
Carson

no longer needed to talk about it because they had just vanished.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  5:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gumpi,

thank you so much! Yes I'm o.k. even more than that
I'm currently exactly in that situation.. I posted for 6 months regularly and now I suddenly don't. Hmmm, I really don't know why this is. I experience intense progress, actually I met an exceptionally beautiful woman, and we immediately recognized each other... Miracles all over the place... I tried even to write about it all with the intention to start a new thread about siddhis, but after a few lines I just didn't feel like continuing. The file is still waiting on my desktop.. But I'm still reading the forums, they became so important to me. Actually, after almost every meditation I do some bowing, contemplating the Buddha, Shiva, Shakti, and unconditional love or Sangha, being the most important principles in my life. Sangha is synonymous with AYP Forums in my mind, twice daily...

Love you all,
Roman
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  7:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

I've noticed that a lot of regular posters seem to suddenly stop posting and disappear completely. I wondered about this. There were some long time posters that seemed to offer a lot of good advice who have simply just dropped off the radar for no apparent reason. I hope they are ok.

Hey All,

It's funny - I hadn't posted in a *long* time (A year? More?) - and not regularly for close to twice that.

All of a sudden, I felt "drawn" to post // offer resources, again, here at the forum -- and so I did.

Why did I do either of these things?

Thankfully, I have no idea whatsoever.

If there's anything that can "trip" one up (or "out" ) it's ideas about things - and ideas about those ideas.

It all just kinda flows when we let it.

The trick is to let it.

I'd love to offer insights concerning other people's status, or reasons for not posting ... but these days, oh-so-thankfully, I don't even have any insight into my own!

Having said that -- it's very cool you started this thread, Gumpi.

I used to wonder, too, when people "disappeared" -- the last time I did so wasn't long back; it may well happen again -- who knows? "Y'know"?

In some ways, the path is the same for us all -- in some ways, it's different for each of us.

Since we all end up/start-off in the same place -- "it's all good."

Only the thought-self can dream otherwise.

And, by the way, I wasn't "gone gone" - a while back, I used to go a few days without checking the forum, but the last year or so, I've read at least a "couple-few" posts every day.

And, I've practiced AYP; spinal breathing, deep meditation - every day - along with inner-silence-directed enhancements as they've arisen - and/or let go of them, as they've fulfilled whatever they were about.

And ultimately, it's kinda like anything else connected with all this "yoga" stuff:

What "people" do doesn't really matter; what *you* do -- well, in your own experiencing --- that, my friends, can and does make ALL the difference.

And ... it's good to be home.

And ... it's good to be back here at the forum, as well.

Heart is Where the AUM Is,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  9:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hiya Sri Dude Kirtanman

Always good to see your shimmering self! (everywhere)

Much love and bhajans,

Balance
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  02:20:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Kirtanman, good to see you back friend
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  07:23:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Notice how Yogani is not a prolific poster?
I think it is part of the enlightenment path.
Words are kinda noisy, like everyone talking, and practices are quiet and peaceful.
People on this enlightenment path like it here and love the people and want more for them.
But personally, I get tired of words sometimes.
We like the connection, and everything people are going through, but what Yoga is really about is inner silence, and there aren't many words that portray that well. Ha!
Words are like a tour of the candy factory where you don't get any samples, but they give you pictures of the candy.

Edited by - Etherfish on Apr 24 2009 07:33:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  7:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

Hey Kirtanman, good to see you back friend

"Balance, Sparkle, All ..."

Thank You for the kind-warm words! Truly heart-warming ... and wonderful to e-see you all again!

We're all in this together ... and sometimes that connection is experienced more subtly than the direct-communication stuff we're used to on the regular-people plane (example: samyama group meditation) ... and sometimes it *is* experienced "regular people-cally" ... (example: this strange-yet-happy post of mine, right here, right now) .... and all I know is: it's feelin' really good to be back, and to re-connect with everyone here!

"Onward & Inward!*"

And a "shout out" to Cosmic Troll, as well ... I saw/recall your greeting in another thread ... and in case I don't circle back "there" ... I'm saying hey "here".

Peace & Love & Other Fun Stuff,

Kirtanman

*& it's *all* Inward!
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  5:08:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

And a "shout out" to Cosmic Troll, as well ... I saw/recall your greeting in another thread ... and in case I don't circle back "there" ... I'm saying hey "here".

"Here" is the new "there" anyways
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  9:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I saw a bumper sticker today:
"I'd rather be here now."
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  03:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kirtanman, lovely to see you back in forum!

(Just to inform/remind you, though, I won't read your posts if they are too long! And I won't buy the argument "I didn't do anything!! Stillness did it"... Hahahaaa! I'll be absolutely certain there's some ego structures left! )

Love, emc
Go to Top of Page

spinal_tap

Indonesia
40 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  7:54:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit spinal_tap's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a regular poster or a long-time member, but sometime I find that staying constantly on these yoga topics can be too 'stressful' on the mind. I'm sure 'stressful' isn't the right word for the feeling but its something close.

Maybe some members left to 'rest' or maybe they're just getting some intensive lessons from their inner guru.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000