Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 surfing and AYP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  5:26:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
any ayp members here live near a good surf break? I can stay at your house and we can do group meditation, then afterwards enjoy the waves The universe has unlimited possibilities so figured I woudl throw this out there
with love
brother Neil

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  5:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah,on the wave time always dissapear...and i become the wave(only ocasional bodyboarder...)
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  6:09:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This would be so nice. Sadly I don't live by the ocean.
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  7:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do, but I also live in Japan, so it might be a tough trip to do over the weekend. A friend of mine recently bought a beach house in a town called Shimoda which has decent surfing and is also the spot where Admiral Perry first arrived in Japan.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  8:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well Neil....If you want to come visit me in November I will be living in Tofino taking a Yoga Teacher training intensive and Tofino has the best breaks in Canada. You definitely need a full wet suit with boots, gloves and head gear to surf the cold Canadian surf, but us hardcores still do it so......you're welcome to come and join us!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  06:05:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a very nice idea brother neil. I don't live near the sea, but I guess someone here should be..
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  7:21:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for all your replies
brother Carson, if I have to wear a suit to go on a trip, that is a place I pass up
with love brother
neil
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  7:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, Tofino is on Vancouver Island. Didn't know that. I went to Western Washington U. just south of Vancouver in the States. November is a great time to fly fish up there as well assuming the rivers aren't blown out due to heavy rains. And Carson, if it gets too cold you can always head south to the Olympic Peninsula and surf. It's at least 1-2 degrees warmer.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  8:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that is sssssooooooo much warmer
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  8:43:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wet suits are so much more fun than formal suits.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  11:55:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by brother neil

brother Carson, if I have to wear a suit to go on a trip, that is a place I pass up

Oh, I see...you are one of THOSE kind of surfers....(the wimpy kind....haha, just kidding.) You ever see those guys who surf the Arctic? Now THOSE guys are some hardcore surfers! Tofino is tropical compared to the Arctic!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  11:57:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stevenbhow

Wow, Tofino is on Vancouver Island. Didn't know that. I went to Western Washington U. just south of Vancouver in the States. November is a great time to fly fish up there as well assuming the rivers aren't blown out due to heavy rains. And Carson, if it gets too cold you can always head south to the Olympic Peninsula and surf. It's at least 1-2 degrees warmer.

Yup Tofino is on Vancouver Island. It's on a pretty remote part of the Island too. About a 4 hour drive from Victoria... Not much of a fisherman, (as I hate hurting animals of any kind) but I'm always up for some warm(er) surf! Thanks!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  9:30:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Not much of a fisherman, (as I hate hurting animals of any kind)"

Yeah, I struggle with that at times. Even though I'm a complete catch&release fly fisherman now it still causes pain and suffering to the fish. I saw some vids of guys surfing in Alaska. In addition to the cold water, they also#12288;had to dodge a few Grizzly Bears that were hanging out in the surf catching salmon. Talk about extreme surfing!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000