New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  06:49:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi folks

Just thought I would relate an experience I have been having lately, which is so simple to do and yet so profound.

I was walking last night through a park lined with trees and was looking through the eyes and seeing the trees, the path, the grass etc.

Then I did something very simple. I just shifted my mind centre from my head to my heart, so that I was, in effect looking through my heart, but receiving the images with my eyes.

As soon as I did this the scene infront of me instantly changed. It became alive in a profound way and it was the experience of seeing with my heart. As soon as I made the shift, my pace instantly slowed to almost a stop, just to take it all in, everything slowed down.

I think this was enhanced by some heart breathing being done in the previous day or so ( as discussed before by Katrine and Shanti). With the heart breathing I could feel my heart opening and opening.

It is such a simple thing to do, I would appreciate feedback if anybody gives it a try or has experienced this.

Goddessinside

158 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  08:38:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Goddessinside's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Sparkle,

just wanted to confirm that simple things, when lived with open heart and in a relaxed state, can truly bring much intensity..
Yesterday, I realised (once again) that 3 AUM chanting before starting to eat bring such a peaceful feeling that when you finish the chanting, you look at your food, with gratitude, without any compulsive appetite.. you feel you almost don't need to eat, or at least much less than the quantity you put in your plate..
It's all about awareness

Edited by - Goddessinside on Apr 13 2009 08:41:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  08:46:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome experience Sparkle.
I had one such experience after which when I looked at anything (esp. trees), it had an enhanced 3D look and I called it an open window phase.. it felt like someone opened a window so everything looked clearer and more vibrant and more alive.. like a glass window pane was lifted and I could see and feel and touch everything with my heart.

Thanks for sharing Sparkle.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  10:03:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Goddessinside

Hi Sparkle,

just wanted to confirm that simple things, when lived with open heart and in a relaxed state, can truly bring much intensity..
Yesterday, I realised (once again) that 3 AUM chanting before starting to eat bring such a peaceful feeling that when you finish the chanting, you look at your food, with gratitude, without any compulsive appetite.. you feel you almost don't need to eat, or at least much less than the quantity you put in your plate..
It's all about awareness

Hi Goddess that's beautiful, must try the 3 AUMS before eating
I too love the practice of eating with awareness, especially after meditation and in silence.
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti;
Awesome experience Sparkle.
I had one such experience after which when I looked at anything (esp. trees), it had an enhanced 3D look and I called it an open window phase.. it felt like someone opened a window so everything looked clearer and more vibrant and more alive.. like a glass window pane was lifted and I could see and feel and touch everything with my heart.

Thanks for sharing Sparkle.
Hi Shanti, yes it was something like that and although I have experienced this kind of thing before to varying degrees, it was the simple decision to shift into my heart and look through it that created the different kind of seeing and feeling, for me anyway.
So it seems I may be able to enter into it at will and perhaps it will become my ordinary state then, and on it goes.
This is the main reason I am sharing it here because someone else might be inclined to try this simple shift in perspective and reap the benefits

In any case I'm going to have fun experimenting with it, especially with people.

Thanks for the feedback, both of you
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  11:10:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi all,

in my case practicing that dear Sparkle first gives a big pump\hop, scd shakti flows out but seeing entirely stops moving outwards it goes inward into heart space so i cannot do this the way you described it but the way of looking that you are describing seems like mindfulness to things but with giving them some meaning like some people see wood and others see God in wood.

btw my heart is sort of stronger than my brain in my case, it moves me around and speaks with me via intuition (on special occasions with sounds like bells and flutes or just a word) and heart sensations and they are so common to an extent where i learned how to read them and put them into use while taking big decisions.

and speaking about the heart and love relations, after the heart openings that happened to me after coming to ayp and doing the practices; interacting with someone like my first love again is a mind blower i am really melting in the heart area and with her and the fire is so intense in the heart but it is the kind of sweet fire the kind that you feel nourishing the soul and purificating the heart.

but at the same time i am thinking that if the good side is so great what if things turn out messy with that girl again...

guess i'll just wake up

thk you for sharing brother Sparkle, and for giving me the space to share at the same time.

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  12:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sparkle

Thanks for sharing that beautiful....deepening of perspective

That's great...that you can do it at will ....here....when able to do it at will....that sort of "put together" all the times before that this kind of seeing had happened.....

The first time the looking through the Heart happened here....was the day of the cancer diagnosis...13 years ago.....when the future was gone in one chop...

It was exactly like you and Shanti described....I remember writing in my diary that it felt like i had been wearing sun glasses up until then....it is so beautiful...that aliveness....after that first time....i went to and fro....back and forth..... for many years....without understanding.....the only time it was consistant was when I was in dialogue with clients.......but eventually that kind of looking spread from there....

That 3D vibrating aliveness...is what I feel to be the sacredness everywhere....even a chair can be looked at that way....and seen for what it is in essence.

Isn't the heart breathing great.....

Here....it has been of tremendous help. Not only did it balance the overload....it made it possible to discern the source of the looking in a precise way. Much like you describe. Something was made conscious. I also experience the breathing to always happen from the chest now. So it seems here that....breath.....and sight.....is linked.

Can I ask you...when you do the heart breathing......do you breathe in an Ishta?

Thanks again for sharing

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  12:25:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Those experiences prompt me to ask a question, except it's difficult to ask because experience is so entirely personal.

I think I have always been like that with nature, from an early age lying on my back just staring into the clouds or the shapes in a coal fire or maybe squinting at the lights and tinsel on a christmas tree. Even shadows in the corner of a room and the way some lines merge but show no edge.

The most extreme example of this was during my years spent caving (spelunking, speleology, potholing some call it). After 15-20 hours in total darkness looking down the beam of a lamp in an enviroment that is devoid of smells, emerging into daylight the intensity of the smells, sounds and colours was almost too much.

Regular climbing on rock faces in some of the most beautiful national parks, feeling the rock under my hands, the warmth on my back and the heightened senses caused by being 400ft up on an exposed outcrop was amazing.

I'm wondering if I can really experience this in any more intensity than I already find ? and is DM most peoples route to this experience because they have not been involved in activities that take you to the edge and let you seriously appreciate the simlest things in life ?

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  1:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
and is DM most peoples route to this experience because they have not been involved in activities that take you to the edge and let you seriously appreciate the simlest things in life ?

hi karl,

hope i understood your question correctly.

and anyways here it goes...

to answer what's quoted in a simple and clear way "nope" bcz i've been on the edge a lot in my life both in activities like rock climbing; rappel and going into crazy places in the woods.... and never mention living my child hood in war and been around more than one war in my life through the following years but only the childhood one had a deep impact on me bcz i've seen some horrors and been through some intense moments of solidarity with my family and had my own share of scares but now being in a war or close to an explosion or smthg like that is like a piece of cake we simply got used to it here.

and i must admit that the state of witness or extreme awareness and watching is pretty much triggered through these kinds of activities and life events which build up strong character not a weak one.

but the state of ecstatic conductivity well that needs practices practices practices.

concerning answering your other question i leave that to the beautiful soul who opened this post.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Goddessinside

158 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  2:15:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Goddessinside's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

I'm wondering if I can really experience this in any more intensity than I already find ? and is DM most peoples route to this experience because they have not been involved in activities that take you to the edge and let you seriously appreciate the simlest things in life ?

I think, in terms of intensity, we can always go deeper and deeper..
2 days ago, I was chanting AUM (yes, again!), I did it maybe for about 20 minutes.. I came to a point of such a deeper and deeper relaxation state that the tension I had in the left shoulder started melting away, with each AUM.. I could almost feel the vibrations inside the bones, as if even the "hard" bones were melting and "expanding".. (so to say)
Also I feel that being able to perceive life in all its manifestations, (life meaning intensity), doesn't require to be "trained" for that..
It can happen simply (!) in a relaxed state, by playing, and just being receptive..
Yesterday, I was walking in my parents garden in the mountain, among old oaks.. I felt it was the very first time I went there!
Everything around-the trees, the soil, the air, the sun- was being perceived as intense vibrations and colors.. to the point I felt like laughing! It was too much to handle.. I asked my mum:"Do you feel what I feel, or am I going crazy?!" (I think she wasn't..and looked a bit puzzled!)

It is very interesting to "look" beyond external forms..
and when it comes to people, well, it is fun.. you feel people as energies, colors etc.. and your perceptions and responses go faster.
But sure this is the consequence of daily practices and self reflection.. (and maybe heart opening?!)

Edited by - Goddessinside on Apr 13 2009 2:27:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  5:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Posted by Ananda:
the way of looking that you are describing seems like mindfulness to things but with giving them some meaning like some people see wood and others see God in wood.

Yes you could use the term mindfulness or awareness. What maybe led up to this was when I was reading about the Chinese character for mindfulness recently which means "Now" at the top of the character and Mind or Heart at the bottom. This struck me as beautiful because mindfulness could also be called heartfulness.
Then a comment made by Katrine after reading the following sutra;
"Awareness is like a mirror reflecting the four elements
Beauty is a heart that generates love
and a mind that is open."
And Katrine had the insight; An open mind is the same as an open heart.
So like you say it seems like mindfulness but centred in the heart, which is probably a different level of mindfulness, if one accepts that an -open mind is the same as an open heart.

It was not like seeing God in everything in the sense that I was not conscious of bringing God into the equation. It was simply seeing through the heart whatever was in front of me.
At the same time it felt very sacred and could be described as God.

Ananda you seem to have a very open heart and your tough experiences are appreciated here and it is great that you have come through them like you have.

With regard to your girlfriend opening your heart, in my experience when we watch that experiencing we know how much, if any, attachment is involved. We know the pain at the thought of possible separation, and it is the process of staying with this pain and facing it and allowing it through that will bring further opening. I'm sure you know this, just reminding you, hehe!! It can also be processed like this when you are together.
The best of luck with your loved one
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  5:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine
Yes it is being able to do it at will which is great.
You make a good point about the heart breathing and the breath being linked to the seeing.
quote:
I also experience the breathing to always happen from the chest now. So it seems here that....breath.....and sight.....is linked.

Can I ask you...when you do the heart breathing......do you breathe in an Ishta?
When I read that I thought of Ananda's comment about going into the heart instead of out of it.

I don't know what other's are doing with the breath but the way I do it is; breath in through the brow and out through the heart.
Possible doing it the reverse way will take one into the heart instead of seeing out of it??

With regard to an Ishta, I don't think of an Ishta like Jesus or Mother when practicing heart breathing, but I am very aware of the sacred presence of something in my heart that came from being in the Avila Centre of Spirituality over the past weeks. Every time I think of the place I feel this in my heart.
As you know this centre is the home of the order of St Theresa of Avila, St John of the Cross and St Theresa of Lisneaux, so it could be assumed that this presence is that of Jesus, but I don't know that for sure, it is possible and probable that someone else might get exactly the same vibration from Krishna, for instance.
However, since I am in Ireland and the Avila Centre is Christian then I am happy to let it be Jesus and also have an open mind about other possibilities.

Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  5:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Those experiences prompt me to ask a question, except it's difficult to ask because experience is so entirely personal.

I think I have always been like that with nature, from an early age lying on my back just staring into the clouds or the shapes in a coal fire or maybe squinting at the lights and tinsel on a christmas tree. Even shadows in the corner of a room and the way some lines merge but show no edge.

The most extreme example of this was during my years spent caving (spelunking, speleology, potholing some call it). After 15-20 hours in total darkness looking down the beam of a lamp in an enviroment that is devoid of smells, emerging into daylight the intensity of the smells, sounds and colours was almost too much.

Regular climbing on rock faces in some of the most beautiful national parks, feeling the rock under my hands, the warmth on my back and the heightened senses caused by being 400ft up on an exposed outcrop was amazing.

Hi Karl, I think it works both ways. The practice of DM - Deep Meditation - will enhance the experiences on the cliff face and in the caves of darkness. The experiences of high concentration and very focused alertness carried out in a consistant way like that is actually a form of meditation. Sports people operating at a high level of continuing focus also have a very good grounding for meditation.
So one leads to the other and visa versa. To practice both is a great bonus

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  6:50:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle
With regard to your girlfriend opening your heart, in my experience when we watch that experiencing we know how much, if any, attachment is involved. We know the pain at the thought of possible separation, and it is the process of staying with this pain and facing it and allowing it through that will bring further opening. I'm sure you know this, just reminding you, hehe!! It can also be processed like this when you are together.
The best of luck with your loved one

i was actually thinking about that a lot yesterday but not in terms of attachment but in terms of surrendering to what is.

but really wow how'd i missed that, thk you Mr. Sparkle for the wake up reminder it definitely strucked a cord and brought up smthg very important to the scene.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  08:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sparkle

quote:
When I read that I thought of Ananda's comment about going into the heart instead of out of it.

I don't know what other's are doing with the breath but the way I do it is; breath in through the brow and out through the heart.
Possible doing it the reverse way will take one into the heart instead of seeing out of it??

When engaged in heart breathing here...as described in Yoganis lesson .. it is as a replacement for SB Pranayama before meditation. I am breathing in the hue/lovetone/face of Christ....through the Ajna into the heart and then just releasing the outbreath...following the breath from heart back out through the Ajna.....It feels like a deep clensing of the whole passage...it does something to both the Heart and Ajna....

But outside sitting times...whenever so inspired....I am breathing in the hue through the Ajna....and letting the breath/love out through the heart....I love this practise......and it doesn't seem to cause any overload here.....it is like loving everything....and at the same time being utterly clear.....this clarity is seen as the sacred essence everywhere....just like you described. It is as if the clarity itself is the "seeing through" everything.....the clarity sees that it is its nothingness...its spaciousness.... that permeats everything and it is the "glue" that holds everything together.

So.....the love...and the clarity is felt to be the same here.

Just like Mind and Heart is the same.

And all is revealed through being open

Mind is open when quiet.
Heart is calm when open.

Normal breathing usually ......brings forth thoughts here....while spontaneous breath suspension immediately stills them.

But breathing through the heart....is....creating love instead.....or it allows for the flowing through of love.....so there is movement..dynamism....even though one is just nothing....

That is why I felt like making that not-english word......emptiness is not quiet it. Because....as Heart....one is emptyfull.

This last breathing.....the "giving away" of the lovebreath through the heart......is very, very joyful.....it feels just like singing here

quote:
I am very aware of the sacred presence of something in my heart that came from being in the Avila Centre of Spirituality over the past weeks. Every time I think of the place I feel this in my heart.
As you know this centre is the home of the order of St Theresa of Avila, St John of the Cross and St Theresa of Lisneaux, so it could be assumed that this presence is that of Jesus, but I don't know that for sure, it is possible and probable that someone else might get exactly the same vibration from Krishna, for instance.

Yes.....I feel it strongly.....the energy there is like the difference I felt after the face of Jesus Christ in the heart.....but also..........what I sense there is the father-like presence "behind" the Jesus energy ....or deep into it (?)......it makes me cry...just coming near it in words like this......much less in essence...

I have no idea which is what....Krishna...or Christ (I guess they are the same ?)......but I am in love with Jesus because he is a normal man embodying both the clarity and the love. He is with every minute being...allowing himself to be as pained as he is loved.....feeling all......and the sting of that....I have fallen for it....even though the clarity is somehow easier to stay with than the love.....because the love hurts....

Here it seems that it is the love that bridges everything.....it is just that one then has to give away some aloofness....some detachedness....so that one is also completely with those who suffer.....

I am crying now.....so must finish.....

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  09:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

When engaged in heart breathing here...as described in Yoganis lesson .. it is as a replacement for SB Pranayama before meditation. I am breathing in the hue/lovetone/face of Christ....through the Ajna into the heart and then just releasing the outbreath...following the breath from heart back out through the Ajna.....It feels like a deep clensing of the whole passage...it does something to both the Heart and Ajna....

Hi Katrine,
I hope you don't mind me saying this, but it is more for people who are starting this heart breathing practice. To the best of my knowledge, the heart breathing does not replace Spinal breathing.. it is done as an additional practice.
I guess the lesson is not very clear on this
quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/220.html
It can be done for 5-10 minutes before or after sitting practices, or anytime.

To me sitting practices include SpB and Meditation, maybe I am mistaken, please do correct me if I am wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  12:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti

quote:
To me sitting practices include SpB and Meditation, maybe I am mistaken, please do correct me if I am wrong.

No, no....you are not wrong

It is just that here....the heart breathing done like described in the lesson...it replaces SBP right now (which have been done twice a day before meditation for 3 years), because there is better balance because of it. The spinal chord is buzzing 24/7.....and SBP tends to bring too much energy to the head here(even though the attention goes all the way down on the out-breath and no stopping either at root or Ajna), while as heart breathing stabalizes.....and refines everything.....more ecstatic conductivity is allowed this way...from root to Ajna...without it being stuck in the head.

So....right now....to be flexible like this seems to work well here
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  1:03:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Katrine.
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  08:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One question,

I've been doing a bit of the heart breathing myself, but in some of the AYP lessons it says to only practice pranayama when you are able to sit and do some DM afterwards (ie, after you cultivate the soil make sure you are planting the right seeds).

I wasn't sure if this applied to heart breathing as well...the "or anytime" quote from lesson 220 seems to indicate no DM required after heart breathing, but wanted to make sure.

Katrine,

I too have been breathing in the face of Jesus Christ. The image that I use is from a very short You Tube video that really resonated with me...very hard to get the image out of my mind...its quite beautiful so I thought I'd share...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmCOJq70BME

Peace & Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  09:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I had just finished reading both of Yogaini's lessons on Heart Breathing before I read your post.
http://www.aypsite.org/220.html
http://www.aypsite.org/221.html
I hadn't read them before and see what you mean by the above statement.

So my description in my original post in this thread is not an accurate description of heart breathing from the AYP lessons perspective.
Nevertheless it did have the desired affect.
The shift is quite remarkable in how everything is preceived. I was dirving in the car the other day and suddenly shifted into it. It was like being lurched into a different scene and it felt like I might even get swallowed up by the road. The looking at things, expecially things in nature, as you say is endless and timeless.

I can see from your descriptions and from Yogani's descriptions in the lessons that I have just started with this, but having had a taste - I want more of this level of seeing - please---- thanks God.
Taken from lesson 221;
The opening heart is the means by which our inner silence, inner sensuality and ecstatic bliss expand gradually to encompass all of our surroundings in the physical world. Then do we experience the entire world through our senses in the same way we experience the heart space in these early stages of inner expansion, as you have described. Eventually, all the world is contained within our own expanding heart. Our outside becomes inside, and our inside becomes outside -- a divine paradox. That is unity -- Oneness. Then when we breathe out from our heart space, all the world is purified.

quote:
That is why I felt like making that not-english word......emptiness is not quiet it. Because....as Heart....one is emptyfull.
I love your word emptiful, it describes the real meaning of the the word emptiness in Buddhism, which means empty of a separate self and not empty, as in - nothing there. So perhaps your new word should replace this Buddhist term

Personally I have not replaced SP with the heart breathing, I still do SP, DM and Samyama as my core practice. The heart breathing I do separately outside of formal practice.

I see now what you meant by your question about the Ishta, as Yogani specifically mentions it in the heart breathing lessons.
I tried introducing an Ishta, firstly God and then the Holy Spirit. It doesn't seem to make much difference, when I am in presence it seems the same one way or the other.
As I said though the essence received from Avila is new and beautiful, it sits in my heart all the time.
I'm sure also, that my experiencing of this is also connected with you being in Dublin and no doubt some of your essence has rubbed off on me, so thank you for that dear friend
quote:
Here it seems that it is the love that bridges everything.....it is just that one then has to give away some aloofness....some detachedness....so that one is also completely with those who suffer.....
I guess I have some way to go on that front

Thanks Katrine
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  05:13:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parallax

quote:
I too have been breathing in the face of Jesus Christ. The image that I use is from a very short You Tube video that really resonated with me...very hard to get the image out of my mind...its quite beautiful so I thought I'd share...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmCOJq70BME

Thank you for that video
It is always the eyes that I find striking....it is like this with the face I see too. The features are.....vague...or fuzzy....but the eyes.....I fall into the vibration from them....it is the vibration from the eyes that "holds" the face together....
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  05:39:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sparkle

quote:
I tried introducing an Ishta, firstly God and then the Holy Spirit. It doesn't seem to make much difference, when I am in presence it seems the same one way or the other.
As I said though the essence received from Avila is new and beautiful, it sits in my heart all the time.

That's beautiful.....
This essence is like an ishta then....can you not also breath it in from the space around you.....have you tried this.....

quote:
I'm sure also, that my experiencing of this is also connected with you being in Dublin and no doubt some of your essence has rubbed off on me, so thank you for that dear friend

It is such a treat to meet kindered spirits...the "rubbing off" is mutual. I am very grateful too, Sparkle. For the friendship....and for all the help in facilitating the work in Ireland.

Jiiipiii

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I have some way to go on that front

I do too
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  5:42:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

quote:
But outside sitting times...whenever so inspired....I am breathing in the hue through the Ajna....and letting the breath/love out through the heart....I love this practise......and it doesn't seem to cause any overload here

Yes.........ehem.....it just took some time that's all.
Lately...when engaged in this breathing as described above....the hue/face of Christ has brought more and more of the father-like presence ....this presence that I sensed so strongly at Avila.....actually ...when writing it down......it does not feel quiet right to call it presence.....hmm.....

.....essence..... is better. Yes....that feels closer. So the way it is experienced here...is that the Christ Hue....the vibration from the eyes of his face...this is a presence. But the father-like quality...this is essence.....

Anyway....on Sunday...sitting at home looking at nothing.....the love towards that father-like essence just increased in magnitude....and then the breathing started.....what was breathed in through the Ajna was soon more essence than presence (more...still essence...than the Christ vibration)......and very soon the breath became extremely extatic...there was melting into the essence.....and the heart exploded with love...like a huge orgasm in the heart....

This must have released "stuff" from the heart....because for the next two days....all emotions were felt 10x normal magnitude ( at the same time as dealing with a challenging family situation)......very challenging to watch the emotions and not drown in them....extremely sensitive.....and also feeling a bit like a huge generator on full capacity.....
At night....processed a crucial emotional issue from past that I didn't know still had that residue....

Walked a lot yesterday.....cycled.....reduced meditation time (5 min) and heart breathing down to two minutes...and no heart breathing versions in between sittings....
Included more protein in diet....drank lots of water......everything calmed down. Am fine now...

Have learned a lesson (again)

One outcome of this.....the father-like essence....is perceived here all the time now...sort of "behind" the presence.....quiet invisible...it is "behind" the shine.....quiet inaudible...it is "behind" the aum.....but ....directly known anyway....I have no idea at all how one knows it.....

...one just knows?

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  01:10:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"I have no idea at all how one knows it.....

...one just knows?"

Ehum... because that's what you are perhaps? Just a simple guess from Sweden...

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  04:24:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good morning Sweeden

quote:
"I have no idea at all how one knows it.....

...one just knows?"

Ehum... because that's what you are perhaps? Just a simple guess from Sweden...

*lol*.........LOL.............thanks for that emc

Yes....ehem........easy to forget that part....

You know....it is the first time there has been discernment in this way....between essence...and presence.......and though it is not as if one is separate from the other...... they are one....but yet somehow different. Essence is behind presence.......that is....presence comes from essence......so essence is sort of before the present oneness.....That is why there was wondering here...how on earth is it known...if it is before....but like you say...one is it. Yet...I have always found the "isness" to be the presence.....but essence is of course contained in presence (even in the word *lol*)...

Oh............just remembering something....when in Dublin...one of the women there....I got to buy Mooji's book from her....I read a few introductory pages when on the flight home...but haven't been able to read after coming back...often .....words are in the way.......
...but this must be what he means with the title!....the title of the book is "Before I AM".......oh!....So this means.......so I AM is presence......and since the father-like presence was reached through the eyes in the face of Jesus Christ.....then.....the Christ vibration......is I AM! Obvious to all of you, I am sure, but i am so daft sometimes.....

this means.....presence is always Christ!

*LOL*.......*LOL*......about a week ago...after a meditation...I asked Jesus Christ to be my guru.....I have never had a guru...and enough of that....so with all the love...and his face in heart...I just saw that i could actually just ask him.....and two days later I had the last of 4 still point treatments....where essences are chosen from silence....and the therapist...who knew nothing of all this.....she picked the same essence as the first time....the Christ light....I was in deep meditation when she dripped two drops of it into my mouth....and everything vibrated inside in that blue colour I know so well......except this time....it was like a liquid that spread through my whole body....and when it was complete....there was an inner knowing that this was he saying yes.....

*lol*......i am so daft.....*lol*.....I AM....the Christ vibration...is the inner guru.....of all.....you who said "he is risen and is in you"....no wonder that felt the way it did....*lol*.... Jesus the man embodied this......and he is obviously still available from where he is.....so.....I AM is like an intelligence........I am very gratful....

And the father-like essence.....is THAT.....it is genderless....it is father-mother.....but it still feels "father-like" here.....

When the merging is complete....then the genderlessness will be more obvious.......

I must read that book now!

Thanks again, emc

Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  4:00:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine and all

Interesting experiences with presence and essence and Christ.
When I invoke Christ or the Holy Spirit it would usually result in a deeply felt presence and for some reason I haven't felt like doing this lately.
It felt like just letting things happen on their own in whatever way it would.
I omitted to mention that before that initial experience described above in the first post I saw a feather on the ground. This is sometimes supposed to indicate the presence of an angel. Well I sometimes see feathers and no feeling of an angel comes, but then at other times I get a deeply felt sense of one or more than one.

This time I felt the presence of one and took up the feather and acknowledged it. I have done this many time over the years so I did not really connect it with the heart experiece above.
A day or so later I was walking in the same area and discovered another feather, again the presence or what felt more like a shift in the air happened. It left me again in the heart space and seeing things in 3D as described by Shanti and yourself.

Thoughts occured to me to re-invoke this angel energy and then a stronger knowing left me doing nothing, just letting it go and waiting for whatever might come along.

I then started seeing, with inner vision, myself as this translucent white light form. It is the same light I saw many years ago when I visited the realms beyond physical life, and then it was like the most beautiful profound experience of floating amongst what looked like cliffs of pure white light, that looked something like cliffs of ice. I also became that light just floating there.

So now I was seeing this in myself as I was walking along, then started seeing it in everything. Very strange how everything is this lovely light and at the same time it takes form in all the wonders of physical life, green trees, spring blossoms, birds flying across the sky, wonderful.

So anyway, this light has no sense of feeling or energy for me, it is just visible with inner vision, but somehow extremely real.

I have seen many other aspects of this, like when meeting people in this form and communing with them from that place.

When you mentioned presence and essence being different I thought of this light.
It also seems to have some connection with Avila, I am reading bits of Interior Castle by St Theresa of Avila at the moment. When I read certain passages, which may not have huge deep meaning, but when reading it, it's like her presence or spirit come in really strongly into my heart and I just stop reading and sink into it.

So something profound is happening and I'm not trying to hang onto any of it, whatever comes comes.

Last night after the AYP group meditation, which was totally immersed in this light, I got home, read a little of Interior Castle and then as I lay in bed I was completely opened up to a really deep love from my heart and all through my body.
Don't know why that suddenly happened, well maybe that's not quite true. Earlier I asked for a sign that it was more than just inner vision and then this happend, so maybe someone or something is listening
I guess too that if I had a lot of ecstatic conductivity going on I would feel all this very strongly, perhaps like you do. I can't imagine what it would feel like then, not sure I would be able for it
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  4:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wonderful experiences Sprakle.Thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000