Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Past life regression
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  2:14:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello friends,

I am considering to have a past life regression with a professional therapist.
Please give some advice on how to find out if the therapist is capable.
What kind of questions should I ask before the actual session ?
How many sessions are normally required ?

If you feel so inclined to out yourself: have you experienced such a
past life regression ?

Wolfgang

standingstone

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  5:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit standingstone's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wolfgang.. Im a NGH certified hypnotist myself and am trained in certain modalities that relate to past life regression, that is to say: age regression, spirit releasement therapy (removal of ignorant spirits and dark force entities), and the informing soul technique (the in-between lives aspect of consciousness informing the infant what it knows, thus reorganizing the subconscious mind)..

In my training we were taught never to do past life regressions 'on purpose'. Im sure theres plenty out there who will disagree with me though as this is a fairly controversial position.

If a client shows up and wants to go to a past life to sort out a problem, Its quite an assumption to assume the problem started in a previous existence, unless the client has perfect memory of the critical first 5 or so years of their lives, which is extremely rare. If a client comes to me with this request I would suggest we just keep it as a hypothesis and procede with the standard insight therapies, they may after all pop back before birth while we travel back to cause, and in this case its ethical because it unfolded from the client and not from my suggesting it.

another problem is age regressions are the most dependable if the client doesn't know its coming and just has a willingness to work on neutralizing the emotion. Otherwise they start giving themselves their own suggestions ie: I cant remember anything before 5 years old, let alone before I was born. So if you must do it recreationally, the best thing to do is to just adopt an easy going attitude and not try to 'help' the threrapist with whatever technique is used. Sometimes metaphysical people are the hardest to work with because they have all this cool training they want to 'add' to the hypnosis, which tends to dilute the process.

So I think it boils down to what the issue is you want to work on or change you want to make. If its just a recreational curiosity I would consider figuring out something you want to change because these things inside you that you dont like provide the most reliable bridge to the past. Not to mention it can be expensive so you might as well get something tangable out of it, a benificial change in your life.

as far as what to ask before the session:

Do they have advanced age regression training? the official stance of the NGH is to not do age regression without advanced training.

If they are trained with spirit releasement therapy.. ie: its possible to mistake an attached entity (ignorant spirit) for a past life, they need to know how to get rid of these and if its not at all in their conception of how things work in the world, you may have just missed an oportunity to get rid of an attachment causing you harm.

if they use up to date inductions: instant and rapid. No use in spending the first 40 minutes of the session just 'getting hypnotized' using a progressive relaxation induction, its a bit of a waste of valuable therapy time. A good hypnotist can induce hypnosis in 4 seconds to 4 minutes tops. They also shouldn't be using visualization techniques since only about 20% of the population is visual.

Ask about credentials and where they got certification and training from. The reason this is important is they should have proper training in the ethics concerned with age regression / abreactive therapies, such as leading the client. there isnt much more the regressed client needs to be asked other than things like "whats happening?, how old?, what are you thinking?, what are you feeling?" (and a similar set of questions for bardo states) anything more is really leading the client. Who, while in a suggestible state, can hallucinate all sorts things that never happened and if you start with the mindset that 'Im going to go to a past life', your sort of leading yourself a bit.. Everything needs to unfold from the client spontaneously, for example you dont want the hypnotist suggesting things to a client regressed to a bardo state like "go to the temple of the rainbow" or what ever their personal beliefs may be.

If theres a major issue you wish to work on and neutralize I would plan on perhaps 4- 6 sessions. that said there are hypnotically gifted people (subjects) who could regress back in a session or two and hypnotists who do past life regression exclusively that may have some good ways of getting around these pitfalls in a session or two and could be well worth seeing.. trust your feelings as you shop around, people are led to just the help they need all the time. good luck!

Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  12:08:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear StandingStone, welcome to the forum. Thank you for such an informative post. I really appreciated it.

light and love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  05:12:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you standingstone,

your post is much appreciated and very helpful.
In my case it is true that I do not remember anything before the age of 5.
So, if I understand your post, then age regression would be recommended.
You mentioned "informing soul technique" and I did a google-search on it.
I haven't heard of this before and it sounds very interesting for me.
I am searching for "Life purpose" and "Life lesson(s)". I think I will
make this a priority when talking to the therapist, but may be
experiences before the age of 5 need to be brought forward first ...

Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  07:18:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So what does it mean if you can remember things before the age of 5? Just curious, since I can remember at least a few things as far back as the age of three.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  10:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stevenbhow

So what does it mean if you can remember things before the age of 5? Just curious, since I can remember at least a few things as far back as the age of three.

Yes.....I too am curious about this.....I can remember almost everything after the age of 3.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

standingstone

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  4:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit standingstone's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

quote:
Originally posted by stevenbhow

Yes.....I too am curious about this.....I can remember almost everything after the age of 3.

Love,
Carson

A lot of people can remember things before a certain age, it doesnt have to be uniform veil of forgetfullness at five years old, that's just sort of an average age for most people, that a veil of forgetting starts at some point. I couldn't tell you what it means for you, but perhaps if you could remember your birth or being in the womb vividly than you could get a strong sense of why you came into this world. Im sure there have been people like that in history, perhaps incarnated Lamas or people on that level. Though the forgetting and the foggyness can also be part of the learning, purpose, or adventure, based on what some people have reported.

Some say the ego isnt fully formed until roughly around five years old. Hypnosis is the bypass of the critical factor of the conscious mind and the establisment of selective thinking (belief).. Children before 5 years old dont really have a critical factor or filtering mechanism, so they will believe in all sorts of things and make them real to their experience: santa clause, tooth fairy, boogie man etc.

In the same way they can also take in negative ideas about themselves as truths: that they are a bad kid, that theres something wrong with them, they might devolop an erroneous belief that they are unlovable because a parent yelled at them a certain way one day when all they knew up to that point as an infant was being loved continuously.. and although the adult mind knows better the child part of the subconscious mind is still sending an emotion (based on a falsehood) as an interference signal to the individual throughout their life. Unlike with the Easter Bunny, the dissolution of these beliefs arent guarenteed as a normal part of growing up.

These are some of the things that can be neutralized with age regression, or other similar modalities. (time line therapy perhaps? just a guess as I have no direct experience with that) they might come up as root causes for alcoholism or excessive eating for example, things that begin as distraction mechanisms to avoid profound feelings of low self worth or some similar emotional cause.

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgang

You mentioned "informing soul technique" and I did a google-search on it.
I haven't heard of this before and it sounds very interesting for me.
I am searching for "Life purpose" and "Life lesson(s)". I think I will
make this a priority when talking to the therapist, but may be
experiences before the age of 5 need to be brought forward first ...

It may not be necessary that you have to go into early childhood stuff if your focus is more along the lines of why you came into this world. I had brought it up more as an alternate perspective for people who assume a fear or a 'too much' behavior must have started in a past life because they cant remember anything directly related in this life. though a few bounces back into childhood would not be out of the ordinary with IST.

but yeah, thats what the informing soul technique is about, getting that perspective of the soul with all its purpose before it enters the body, giving that info to the infant mind and creating a domino effect in the subconscious as it is forced into a massive reorganization process. Most people are surprised by how tiny their body is compared to the vastness they feel beforehand. if you search for a 5-path hypnotherapist in germany (I dont know off hand whether there is one or not) they could probably do informing soul technique. Cal Banyan made that technique readily available to hypnotists though Im sure there are others doing similar work.

quote:
Originally posted by NagoyaSea

Dear StandingStone, welcome to the forum. Thank you for such an informative post. I really appreciated it.

light and love,
Kathy

thanks Kathy no problem, Ive lurked here and enjoyed threads for a while unregistered but recently have been getting more of an urge to bite.

Edited by - standingstone on Apr 07 2009 6:57:16 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000