New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  09:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
EMC, fascinating post.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  08:26:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Steven,
quote:

Just curious, for those of you that had their Kundalini Awakened by a Guru, is it different for someone like me who had a spontaneous Kundalini Awakening? I've read about and met a few Gurus, but with the exception of the Dalia Lama, I don't seem to have a very strong interest in any of them. I enjoy reading their books and watching their videos, but I don't feel any real devotion. Maybe I just have found the right one yet.

I have experienced a spontanious kundalini awakening (about 20 years ago), and experienced a major kundalini awakening induced through a combination of shaktipat and yoga practices (about 4 years ago). I have also awakened the kundalini in others using shaktipat. There is no difference between these forms of kundalini awakening. Any of them can be premature and lead to difficulties, or can be coming at the right time and run much more smoothly. Any kundalini awakening can lead to the development of the ecstatic body, the flowering of the chakras and can lead to enlightenment if it is managed in the right way.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  12:56:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

I often wonder if combining Shaktipat and other spiritual practices is OK. What was your shaktipath Guru's advise and your own experience ? Would love to hear it.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  03:05:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,
Before seriously entering the path via meditation/shaktipat etc I practiced Karate for 30 yrs,Aikido for 5 yrs,Tai chi for 5 yrs, Reiki,TM,and researched many complementary techniques.I found the martial arts very grounding and a great platform to leap from into serious sadhana.With Reiki/energy work I found it gave me a greater understanding of how the body works energetically and the connection to physical exercise.ie one who regularly exercises has a more correct energy flow and it follows that they enjoy greater health.Tai chi is also good for health and understanding energy flow and in fact Yogani was a practioner of Tai chi for a number of yrs if my memory serves me correct.
L&L
Dave
p.s. preparation for shaktipat and the skill of the guru gives less problems, spontaneous awakenings we have little control over except for pacing.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  09:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Dave. Wow! You have really been deep into all this. I am in kindergarten, in comparison. But no regrets. Everything "comes" to you when your time is ripe !

Krish
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  2:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,
quote:
Everything "comes" to you when your time is ripe !

Never a truer word said. I started Karate at 16 1/2 yrs old and always felt there was more to what I was training in.At that time there were very few Tai Chi classes about(none in my area)and we only had Karate or Judo.It was in Feb 2003 that I met my teacher on a Free Reiki forum and suddenly the light bulb was lit and I knew I had found what my 'inner guru' had been telling me for over 30 yrs.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  4:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like what Mooji says in this video something like "The master is That. The master shows up in front of you to remind you of who you are."
And that when you find your guru, he's with you all the time in the heart... I find that to be very true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5bCaQERngg
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  8:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
write all the names of spiritual practices on paper and then put htem in a hat and pick a name. It will be the one most aligned with you
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  07:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hi Christi,

I often wonder if combining Shaktipat and other spiritual practices is OK. What was your shaktipath Guru's advise and your own experience ? Would love to hear it.

Krish

Hi Krish,

As you probably know, there are many different kinds of shaktipat, some quite gentle and some more spectacular.

I was lucky enough to be in the presence of a teacher who gave shaktipat in a very gentle and beautiful way. She did not call it shaktipat (which means energy transmission), she called it darshan (meaning sight, or vision). At the time I had only just started AYP practices, and had not yet reached the teachings on self-pacing or on combining practices, or if I had, I wasn’t worrying about it , so I was just going ahead with it all.

The shaktipat guru (or rather darshan guru) was called Amma (the hugging mother), and she does advise people to continue their spiritual practices even whilst spending time close to her (in her energetic radiance) and whilst receiving darshan from her.

Obviously there is a doubling up effect if you are taking shaktipat whilst engaging in spiritual practices, but I think this only becomes a potential problem if you are engaged in energetically stimulating spiritual practices such as those we use in AYP. At that time I was doing breathing meditations and heart practices, which are quite gentle combined with spinal breathing pranayama.

After receiving darshan on many occasions from Amma my crown chakra became permanently active, and the omkara nada (sound of OM) became so loud at times that I found it hard to concentrate. I then added more advanced AYP practices to the mix, including root to crown spinal breathing, and, after about 4 months, experienced a kundalini awakening, which I thought at the time (for about 2 minutes) might kill me.

Luckily... it didn’t. :)

Christi

p.s.
Sorry about the late reply... I sometimes write replies to posts on a laptop, and upload them on the site when I have a connection (don't have internet at home). For some reason I forgot to upload this one.
Go to Top of Page

chinna

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  08:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit chinna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I saw a photo of my teacher, and was immediately attracted to his lack of pretension, his unbrushed sticky-up old man's hair, and his penetrating, incisive eyes. A sense of total presence, immediacy and urgency. Disciplined and completely free at the same time, invincible and yet transparent, like a diamond.

First impressions are important, I'd say, but maybe others have had more gradual submissions? But fall in love and submit, or submit and fall in love, we must. S/he may be dead or alive, it doesn't matter. If dead, s/he will come to you in subtle forms, if alive in bodily and subtle forms. When the subtle vision of one's ishta appears, we know for sure s/he is our true Self.

We may have more than one on the path - a diksha (initiation) guru and later a shiksha (completion) guru is not uncommon.

Namo Nisargadatta Maharaj
Aum namah Sivaya
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  09:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi,

Is it true that Amma sometimes tells people who their guru is when they get hugged even though she has never met them before? For example, i know of at least one person whom she told Yogananda was her guru and this person had been following Yogananda's teachings beforehand.

And how exactly do you yourself give shaktipat to other people?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 02 2009 :  5:33:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gumpi,

Yes, I believe it is true... and she does many other amazing things too. :)

When I give shaktipat to awaken someone's kundalini, I will ask them to kneel down and close their eyes so they can concentrate more easily on the inner energies. Then I open my heart centre, and wait for their heart to open through energetic entrainment. Then I hold my centres open whilst the prana builds up in their body, rising to the level of their heart. Then I put my right hand, palm down, over their crown chakra about 3 cm away from the top of the head. I activate the chakra in my hand and open the channel from my heart to my hand. This will open their crown and draw the kundalini up to their higher centres. The whole process takes about 20 minutes.

I only do this very occasionally, and only when I feel someone is ready.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  12:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,
Thanks. You really appear, from your postings, to be a very advanced person, since you are able to give effective shaktipath diksha yourself. I really feel quite a neophyte when I read such postings. May God continue to shower his immense grace on you !

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on May 06 2009 12:46:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  2:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hi Christi,
Thanks. You really appear, from your postings, to be a very advanced person, since you are able to give effective shaktipath diksha yourself. I really feel quite a neophite when I read sush postings. May God continue to shower his immence grace on you !

Hi Krish,

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not actually an advanced human being... unfortuantely for me. The ability to raise the kundalini in someone else's body is a form of shaktipat... you could also call it diksha meaning initiation. But it is an ability only, and it can be used wisely or misused. An advanced human being would be one who could use the power wisely and not abuse it. So it is really a test (one of many on the path) for anyone who reaches this stage.

Misuse of the power leads only to ego agrandisement and the downfall of the sadaka. If it is recognized simply as a way in which you can give others a step up on the path and you can fully surrender the merits to the divine, then you pass the test and can continue on the path.

I would say that someone who passes this test is beginning to become an advanced human being. I haven't got that far yet.

In the meantime, I will continue to meditate whenever I can, and be grateful to the divine for any grace I am given.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  08:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

quote:
When I give shaktipat to awaken someone's kundalini, I will ask them to kneel down and close their eyes so they can concentrate more easily on the inner energies. Then I open my heart centre, and wait for their heart to open through energetic entrainment. Then I hold my centres open whilst the prana builds up in their body, rising to the level of their heart. Then I put my right hand, palm down, over their crown chakra about 3 cm away from the top of the head. I activate the chakra in my hand and open the channel from my heart to my hand. This will open their crown and draw the kundalini up to their higher centres. The whole process takes about 20 minutes.

I only do this very occasionally, and only when I feel someone is ready.

Christi

I am very grateful that you shared this
I have for a while now felt that the hands are the same as heart.....and now you just explained why it is felt this way (I still don't feel like reading up on chakras ..:-)....hopefully one day I will see them for myself....it is enough to feel them so far)

When you say "activate your heart"..."open your heart".......here it just happens. A lot. But after practising the heart breathing....I quickly saw that when attention is brought there....it will also naturally ignite/stream itself. But I was wondering....when you activate/open your heart chakra....do you also apply the breath consciously......? And do you also see the heartchakra (or any chakra) when you do it? And when the flow is taken to the hands....do you direct it with attention....as in pranayama...except from heart to hands?

There has been many healing sessions there where I feel the entrainment ....it is very palpable when the energy of the others heart starts to flow and "touch" the flow here..... Of course this i also feel in daily life.....it is enough to meet someone energetically....can happen anywhere...on the street....wherever....

quote:
I would say that someone who passes this test is beginning to become an advanced human being. I haven't got that far yet.

Well....I'd say that the day you say you have gotten that far....then that is where to look out. ....So......I'd say you are a pretty advanced human being Christi....*lol*....you always inspire and here on the forum you always "give others a step up on the path".....and you have helped me countless times

quote:
In the meantime, I will continue to meditate whenever I can, and be grateful to the divine for any grace I am given.

What meantime?

No seriously.......I feel that way too.
Thank God
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  10:34:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Do you also give Shaktipath long distance ?

Krish
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  10:40:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  6:39:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

quote:
When you say "activate your heart"..."open your heart".......here it just happens. A lot. But after practising the heart breathing....I quickly saw that when attention is brought there....it will also naturally ignite/stream itself. But I was wondering....when you activate/open your heart chakra....do you also apply the breath consciously......? And do you also see the heartchakra (or any chakra) when you do it? And when the flow is taken to the hands....do you direct it with attention....as in pranayama...except from heart to hands?

Yes... when I say open the heart, or activate the heart, they are the same thing. I do it mostly by simply bringing my attention to the heart centre. Also, creating feelings of divine love will open the heart. It also happens a lot spontaneously here. Sometimes I syncronize my breath with the person who is being entrained, and sometimes I slow my breath right down, or hold it for short periods. But I don't use pranayama in the sense of SBP or heart breathing when doing this.

I don't see chakras, only feel them. I also activate the chakra in my right hand by bringing the attention there, and the flow happens automatically from heart to hand when both the hand and heart are active so I don't use pranayama there either.

I don't think you need to read up on chakras. This kind of stuff isn't written about much anyway.

quote:
Well....I'd say that the day you say you have gotten that far....then that is where to look out. ....So......I'd say you are a pretty advanced human being Christi....*lol*....you always inspire and here on the forum you always "give others a step up on the path".....and you have helped me countless times

I guess if I ever did become an advanced human being, I wouldn't be able to say so. A bit of a catch 22. I would have to say something like: "I am where I am".

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  6:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Christi,

Krish

Hi Krish,

I don't I'm afraid... I simply wouldn't know how to. If I ever find out, I'll let you know.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  03:19:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

Thanks for the clarification.....yes....it all resonated here

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Christi,

Krish

Hi Krish,

I don't I'm afraid... I simply wouldn't know how to. If I ever find out, I'll let you know.

Christi

It makes no difference....distance. Different cities...countries....It is all in the mind....the limits. Healings.....if you sit down at the same time as the client (which must close eyes and be still).....you will find yourself "there" energetically anyway. It never feels like "travelling somewhere" here.....because all of a sudden...one is just here....inside the client...

I don't do this much....only on very special occations (with people i have met or connected to before) or with friends/family. It is never to be made into a business....ever.

I cannot imagine that it will be any different with shaktipat.....but i am a born optimist...so don't take my word for it

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  10:22:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Its like long distace reiki healings.No time,no space...i think
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  7:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Make a strong wish to meet a genuine spiritual master, then float.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000