Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 weather
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  9:08:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
is the weather nice where you are?

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  12:51:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Got a drizzle this morning. Spring flowers up all over. Cool. The temp changes from cool to hot daily.

It is beautiful and it is a great day to be alive.
Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  12:52:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very windy , rainy most of the days.

Edited by - arzkiyahai on Apr 04 2009 01:56:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  01:23:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The weather is always nice where I am!

Our national hero childbook character Pippi Långstrump has a word of wisdom that I always think of if someone complains on the weather:

- What if we didn't have any weather at all?
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  03:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bit of a drizzle.........sounds like something on a retaurant menu. I'm thinking some sort of sponge with a drizzle of Sorrento lemon syrup.

Anyway, it's going to get a bit drier towards the afternoon so I will out for a blast on my bike. First ride of the year yeeehaaa !!
Go to Top of Page

Goddessinside

158 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  04:03:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Goddessinside's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When there is Love, the worse stormy rainy weather will become a celebration!
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  12:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Goddessinside

I like to sit out and watch a good storm.
arzkiyahai You live in seattle?
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  12:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In Colorado USA, light snow and windy with a storm coming in. The kind you want to watch from inside a window. I'm going to mix hot coffee and hot chocolate, then go back out to the unheated garage to work.

I live at the foot of the mountains, a mile above sea level. Up in the mountains, there is usually much more snow, wind, and colder temperatures.

Edited by - Etherfish on Apr 04 2009 12:36:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  12:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

The weather is always nice where I am!

Our national hero childbook character Pippi Långstrump has a word of wisdom that I always think of if someone complains on the weather:

- What if we didn't have any weather at all?

Thanks EMC
We had movies translated "Pippi Longstocking" here. I didn't know she came from a book. Little girls loved the movies.
Hope we don't get in trouble for being off topic!
Yoga.

I know the concept. one thing I love here is the weather changes very rapidly and often. I can't identify when people say "The weather is nasty outside."
Only when it is extremely hot and still is it uncomfortable outside. We have all kinds of inventions to keep us comfortable otherwise. It's very rarely "nasty". I love violent weather too.

Edited by - Etherfish on Apr 04 2009 12:46:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  12:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow,colorado,what a beautifull place,doesnt it ether?
In north os spain,lot of days raining.Thats the price for having beautifull green places...different ladscapes from the rest of spain...

Edited by - miguel on Apr 04 2009 12:47:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  12:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by miguel

Wow,colorado,what a beautifull place,doesnt it ether?
In north os spain,lot of days raining.Thats the price for having beautifull green places...different ladscapes from the rest of spain...

Yes, I think so - I see the higher mountains from my window. Wish we had some of that rain here - it is mostly dry here. We are having lots of snow now. Things get green then turn brown later. Where I grew up it rained all the time and things were greener, but I like the dryness here.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  1:27:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I saw some photos from a friend who was there on holidays.Photos from the grand canyon of colorado.I have seen very few places like that in my life.It shocked me.im sure there are lot of power places there.
Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  12:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by brother neil

quote:
Originally posted by Goddessinside

I like to sit out and watch a good storm.
arzkiyahai You live in seattle?

Hi Neil,

I am in australiasia, summers were good here, I use to enjoy storms a lot when I was in India, I use to go out and roam around. But its a little cold here to do that and the storms are very frequent. I still do enjoy them sometimes though. :)

Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  06:42:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice in Japan today. And it's hanami season, so all the Sakura (cherry blossoms) are in bloom. Nice time to visit Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000