Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Astral projection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joanna

Estonia
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  04:42:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Joanna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Different people seem to mean different things by the term 'astral projection'. Some are referring to etheric projection (classic OBE), others to wandering the astral realm in an astral body (probably what 'astral projection' should be referring to) and others to various from of clairvoyance like scrying and Remote Viewing. What do forum members think when they hear the term 'astral projection'? Also, some people seem to think that simply imagining something vividly is astral projection. This seems incorrect, though vivid visualisation seems a necessary component in bringing an astral projection on. Where do you think the line blurs between visualisation and projection?

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  5:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess it means different things to different people and even those that give "technical" names to it differ on meanings.

Whats not in dispute in my honest opinion is that its a massive piece of the jigsaw.

Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  6:25:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Real time zone obe is a real thing. It is a learned skill. I learned on my own from Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics. It is the most potent spiritual practice you can perform. It highly develops all the chakras in the body...see the book for more info.
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  03:36:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had my first OBE when I was about 15 while camping up in the mountains. I was staring up into the the clear night sky and just went up into the stars. I read a book and started practicing OBE when I was around 18, but had a bad experience with some weird white faced things that tried to pull me out of my body while I was sleeping, (at least that's how it seemed to me at the time). Since then I've had a few OBEs over the years, all pleasant though.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  12:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Real time OBE is an unpleasant thing, if you do not know what is happening.

It feels like you are dying. But in actuality, what is happening is that the chakras are working overtime to create the astral double. Chakras are overstressed thus feeling like you are dying. This is why OBE is excellent excercise for the charkas.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  12:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But there is nothing that can harm you from OBE.
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  5:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Check out these new videos about OBE and lucid dreaming. It sounds like an infomercial but he gives away a lot of free stuff. Good information. http://www.youtube.com/user/LucidDreamTricks

Any comments welcome.

Love,
Jill
Go to Top of Page

Joanna

Estonia
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  11:51:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Joanna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still struggling to figure out the difference between lucid dreams and astral projection. I've had lucid dreams, and apart from the fact that they begin from the sleep state I don't see how they differ from astral projection.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  2:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
They are different.

You can learn to OBE in the middle of the afternoon without any break in consciousness (without losing consciousness to sleep). You can do the same thing with wake induced lucid dreams, but still OBE is different.

OBE is a lot harder skill...but still doable with practice.

I would read Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. It covers both OBE and lucid dreaming and how they differ. It also give instructions on how to do BOTH.

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 17 2009 2:36:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Joanna

Estonia
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  5:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Joanna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But I think you are talking about etheric projection, which is different from astral projection. I agree that etheric projection is not the same as lucid dreaming. I have had one spontaneous etheric projection, and at first I wasn't even aware that it had happened. I thought I was in my body but there was something seriously wrong with me...!
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  6:36:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Astral projection is different as well.

Edited by - alwayson on Apr 17 2009 6:49:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  11:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Joanna

But I think you are talking about etheric projection, which is different from astral projection.

What is the difference for you ?
For me they would be the same, although I must admit that
I have not heard/used the term "etheric projection".
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  11:33:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the terminology regarding OBE/astral projection can be confusing.

I think it is best to read Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics cover to cover several times.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  11:33:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Joanna

I'm still struggling to figure out the difference between lucid dreams and astral projection. I've had lucid dreams, and apart from the fact that they begin from the sleep state I don't see how they differ from astral projection.

I am by no means an expert in these fields, but my understanding is as follows:

astral projection is the intention of projecting myself, my spirit or part of it, to another place
with the purpose to interact with that place and possibly interact with other conscious beings;
that other place would be a place that is not created by my consciousness but exists
independently of myself.

lucid dreaming then is a dimension that is mainly created by myself
(my consciousness, my soul or my subconscious, etc).
So it is more of an imaginary world, a fiction.

Borders between the two are of course fluxionary,
especially when you try to argue about what exists and what is reality ...

my 2 cents
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  5:20:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to agree with you, but there is a lot there that is wrong.

Honestly you are not going to learn from short replies on a forum. Please just read Astral Dynamics
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  02:13:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson

I would like to agree with you, but there is a lot there that is wrong.

Honestly you are not going to learn from short replies on a forum. Please just read Astral Dynamics

Sorry alwayson, I perceive your answer as trying to squash the discussion.
A lot can be learnt from books, and a lot can be learnt from discussion.
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  02:46:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert Bruce has a very good website and I think you can even e-mail him directly with questions. I agree with alwayson, he is an excellent source of info for this.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  4:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wolfgang, the subject of astral projection is really complex. Noone here is going to learn anything useful from discussion.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000