Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 just wanted to introduce myself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maynard

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  6:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit maynard's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everybody, i just wanted to share my expierence and say hello its glad to be here.

I awakend my kundalini in a dramatic way a little under a year ago. I had a very small bit of information about the third eye and its potential and would mediate on it constantly. This alone was very tangilbe and profound for me.

I used to take pyshedelic mushrooms and meditate on my third eye, which was always quite an expierence. Well i was pushing too hard or something and i guess i got what i was asking for because what happend next was amazing, terrifying, and life changing. I felt it, i felt it rise up my spine as a ball of energy, it really felt like a soft ball was moving up my body. It moved its way into my forhead and my head became so tight i thought my brain was going to explode. A bright white flash apeared where my third eye is, and then a strong jolt of what felt like electric energy shot thorugh my entire body, it made my hands tingle. It was like i woke up in a different world. I freaked out and asked my wife to drive me to the hospital. When i got there i calmed down a bit and was able to conclude their was probably little they could do for me anyway, so we went home.

At this point i didnt know what to think. It started happenig again, with out the drugs, which was perplexing to me. I would be meditating and than boom, the white light, feeling of something travelign up my spine, the electric jolt, and often times feelings of absolute unexplainable bliss and ectasy. Also a re assurance in the divine reality, these expeirences are so powerful that words dont do them justice.
I did the shroomes one more time, and decided its not a good idea. The last time, i ended up beign taken over by the energy, it just kept coming and comming, i felt like i was releasing way too much. This time i had visual manifastations of serpent like figures merging with my head, yeah i know soudns crazy. This felt like i may lapse into something that i wouldnt be able to return from, or my head would explode. Enough to scare me and respect what i was dealing with.

At this point i began reading all i could about the Kundalni rising and symptoms. During which, i have been woken up out of dreams of snakes to release a bunch of Kundalini. At one poitn there was like a week straight where at night i wouldnt even try but accidently look to my third eye and boom! release a bunch.

It seems to be at bay right now, i read somewhere that this is to be expected. After reading this and many of you expierencing this, you can sympathize how nice it is to be able to talk about it. I havent spoken a word to anyone except my wife, i know it sounds completly crazy, and nobody would understand. At the same time, it is such a huge part of my life now that it is hard to not talk about it.

I practice yoga, but not consistantly, i look forward to learning about the soft and steady release techniques and falling into a regular practice as many suggest. I figured i would tell my story so if i have any questions or comments you know a little bit about me.

One question ihave is, everythign i read said that you cant start the process at my age, 24, and how long does the cleansing last. Am i screwed becasue of the sudden and drastic way in which i began this? What would you do if you were me at this point?

Thanks to all who took the time to read this, i am so gratefull for my awakening and finding a place where it is comfortable to talk about it. Already i have changed my perception on just about everything, and realize how beautiful life can be, and am so happy to be here. thanks!

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  8:21:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi maynard and welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for the sharing. There are quite a few people here who have had these kinds of experiences, so feel free to share! :)

I've had similar energy experiences like you on lsd, but that was before I started any yoga practice. It was way too intense and I think this happens mainly to people who are (maybe unknowingly) close to a kundalini awakening anyway.

It's good to know that the whole purification process doesn't have to be this intense. These kinds of symptoms result from too many blocks being released and too much energy flowing through your nervous system. It is wise to regulate the process and it is not that difficult if you have the techniques and right approach.

There are basically two sides to the whole process of purification: one is inner silence and the other is energy/kundalini. When a person doesn't have enough inner silence, the energetic processes of kundalini can get out of hand easily and the whole process is much less stable than in the case when inner silence is present. So it is best to work on cultivating inner silence and energy/kundalini equally. In practice this means it's vital to meditate regularly, which helps you to stabilize and which gives you a steady foundation for further purification. In AYP we use a technique called deep meditation.

See this lesson for more: Kundalini Assistance ... and also check the main lessons to learn about deep meditation and later on spinal breathing.

I think the kundalini process can start at any age from puberty onward, so why not at 24. I'm 21 and my kundalini is certainly active. The "cleansing" always continues at some level, but if you are stable (meditate) and if you regulate the intensity of your practices, the whole thing can be much more gentle and pleasurable. You're not screwed in any way, but it's a good idea to start with meditation and then later on with spinal breathing, which works well for many people and helps them smoothen energy flows in the body.

Many people have been through what you're going through and they've left some techniques behind them. Here they are :)

Take care.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000