Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini misdiagnosed by the doc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  9:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
There are 2 people in my life that I think are going through spiritual awakenings that have been medically diagnosed with something else.

1. My sister has been diagnosed with Lymes Disease but I think she is having a kundalini awakening

2. My old weight lifting partner has been diagnposed with restless leg syndrome

Both are taking lots of prescription drugs. Neither is getting better.

What would you do?

CRS

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  11:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit CRS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A solid regimen of pranayama followed by deep meditation. Also if they're going through the same kinds of things I went through with my illness, Chinese acupuncture by an experienced and understanding practitioner once a week/as needed plus some herbal remedies would be worth far more than the poison they're taking now*

As Graham Green would say on Thunderheart . . . they need to go up on the mountain and get themselves focused. ;)

*That all being said, remember that standard medical care may be necessary, and treatments should be continued until it is determined otherwise. If there are genuine medically diagnosed problems, then cessation of treatment might be dangerous.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2009 :  12:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I wouldnt be too quick with that diagnosis...Lyme disease is commonly misdiagnosed because its symtoms are so interchangable with many other disorders, but doctors like to diagnose it early because it provides the best treatment and minimizes the damage it can cause. It's nothing to mess with. I'd leave that one up to the docs.

As for "restless leg syndrome", there can be so many causes. Diet is a major one as well as psychological issues (stress). If it is caused by energetic excess, kundalini or not, it can be a help to modify one's diet or lifestyle. I get bouts of it sometimes. Exercise helps, as well as deep breathing and systematic relaxation. Drugs for "RLS" is bogus, in my opinion. Can also be caused by dopamine deficiency from what I've heard. That can be related to many things - drugs, sex, ect.

Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2009 :  07:36:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anthony...My sis is on year 3 of Lymes treatment and isn't getting better. And they are getting ready to up her meds and do a more intensive drug therapy. Of course, if she was diagnosed too late, Lymes can be a bear to get rid of. And you are totally correctin saying that Lymes can look like a lot of other things (including a spiritual awakening).

I just see a lot of similarities between her symptoms and my kundalini symptoms. Of course, even if she is experincing an awakening, I don't see myself as qualified to get her through it. Heck, I am still struggling with mine. I simply want to point her in the right direction. I was thinking of giving her a copy of my Tai Chi video and introducing her to meditation.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  08:49:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's sad to hear. I know of someone also who was diagnosed with Lymes and did not benefit. They are still chronically fatigued and have chronic joint pain among other things.

I do not doubt either way if it is or isn't k related. But the consequences of an undiagnosed medical condition can be arguably more serious than some energetic symptoms. Tell her to eat heavy and do more exercise, see if that helps.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000