Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 pranayama with allergies, stuffed up nose?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Non

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  8:01:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Non's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have allergies, and usually one side is always clogged. I sometimes use a neti pot but I guess the salt i use is not that good (the one u get at the pharmacy/drug store). Maybe if I can use himalayan salt it would help me.

anyone have any tips for me? I've been trying to do easy simple pranayama but have been having trouble with it.

kind regards

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  9:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Non. I've got allergies too.

Are you doing what you can to make your room/home free from allergens? There are so many things that might help... no carpet, dust covers on pillows and mattresses, dusting and vacuuming frequently, washing all bed linen often, etc, etc? Avoiding any food/pollens that might trigger congestion?

I'd rather start with environmental changes than worry with antihistimines and steroid sprays--- I really try to avoid that lot.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  09:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Non,

See if these topics help you.
Do You Have Sinus Problems or Nasal Congestion?
Mega-Slammed with Hayfever
Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  10:18:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Try using Breath-Rite nasal strips on your nose before you do yoga. They open up the air passages. I use them all the time. It works great. If I didn't, I'd have to breath through my mouth. I'll put one on at night before bed so I don't snore and piss off my wife, and I leave it on during the morning meditation session. Afternoon session depends upon how bad my nose is clogged up.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000