Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Anyone noticed fat loss from kechari mudra?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  11:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
According to Mallinson's book, and many other resources, kechari mudra is used to create a 'divine body'

It is also postulated that kechari mudra helps promote the release of human growth hormone and other hormones

I was into bodybuilding for a while. Human growth hormone is an AMAZING fat killer. Truly a modern marvel (the modern pharmaceutical version).

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  01:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry but after practicing kechari for 4 years daily I can say that my weight went up from about 200 to 220 and then back to 200 during that time. No difference that I can see.
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  05:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my experience it is difficult to isolate individual practices' effects on weight as the practice set is integrated. In my case AYP practices as a whole have led to increased energy levels which allowed me to work out more (5times/week), then after intense workouts AYP sitting practices do wonders for relieving sore muscles instantaneously leading to fat loss and muscle building.

I practice Kechari but only stage 1 so may not be representative.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  06:11:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
more hunger, more weight in my case due to all the practices including kechari but the funny thing is that the more i gained weight it seems the more ecstacy and capacity for absorbing energy and doing more aggressive practices there is.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000