AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 yellow up, white down
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  12:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
namaste friends,

i have my own theories about what i am going through but i would like to hear other opinions on the matter who have more expertise then i do.

i used to feel the presence of the spinal nerve on and off from a long time back until last month where suddenly i automatically saw during spinal breathing with what might be my inner eye; the vision of a beautiful yellow column spreading from the root to the ajna and it was radiating like in radiant beautiful yellow flames surrounded with blackness.

and from then on i can really feel the spinal nerve it's there and it has become pretty big and alive and it seems to have thickened and widened in size and when coming up from the root to the brow and out of it it's color turns into yellow and when coming back down from the outside automatically the color transforms into white.

is this a usual process of the evolution of the sushumna or did i get carried away with some automatic yoga or scenery which was happening and fed it and turned it into a regular thing?

would appreciate any feedback.

light and love,

Ananda

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  6:09:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda (such a convenient designation!), your experiences belong to you. There are certain universal experiences that all people will have and you have some of them according to the descriptions that Yogani has provided. But i want to know why you want to know the universal validity of your own experience here?

What are you seeking to validate? Don't you know that personal experiences only have meaning to the observer of them? They don't mean anything to other people, especially to those that don't even have those experiences. What i am trying to find out from you is - why are you seeking this validation?

People who have schizoid type of illnesses don't have the objective capacity to evaluate their own experiences. But at the same time they seem to believe that their experience is objective. What i would suggest to you is that there is nobody better than you yourself when it comes to evaluating your own experiences. No matter how hard a psychiatrist can try to dissemble the cognitive structures of a mental patient and the supposed causes of their ailment, it always comes back to the person themselves having the authority to understand those experiences. And so i simply just want to know why you are seeking validation here. The scope for personal experiences is almost infinite - hence, why you are trying to establish a subjective experience in terms of an objective criterion is actually mystifying to me personally. By all means try to validate your experience based on the objective criterion but don't you think that sometimes this cannot possibly be fully done adequately enough?

I think it is a mistake for people to validate their subjective personal experiences in terms of some undefined authoratative universal paradigm. That only leads to projection of personal experience onto a supposed authority that is powerless to bestow the universal understanding. Since the UNIVERSE is multi, it doesn't quite make sense to me that people would seek to establish some kind of benchmark vision or experience at the cost of their own intrinsic worth. God made infinite variety for a reason even when the facts of reality point to the non existence of that reason. In other words, there is an implication involved in your asking questions about your experiences that denotes you could be wrong in them, and i am saying that it is a fundamental flaw in the experiential process to question experience from the outset.

Sorry to type such a long and belaboured response but i did get the impression that you were looking for validation of your own personal experience through other people and i have come to realise that this is a fundamentally flawed approach to truth as i see it. Other people perhaps will see differently to the way i do and that is ok.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  03:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi gumpi, you usually don't answer all my questions bcz .... but i'll do you the honor and answer all yours.

it's all true i am trying to get a validation or rather yet a support you may say bcz 1st i want the practices done right and scd i don't want to go and hit a wall bcz i don't have any qualified person around me to call a good teacher where i live.

and b4 i posted this subject at hand i was thinking that i should stop posting about my experiences in the forums bcz of people like you and here you come with bell ringing.

i wanted to send this to yogani via email, but i don't like disturbing the old guy he has plenty on his hands already.

and brother just because you lack something doesn't mean that you should go out and try and put others down in what is a support forum for their spiritual experiences.

and if yogani spoke anything about this white light coming down plz point me toward it i would appreciate that.

and i would appreciate it if you in person would stop replying to my posts in anything which is other than spiritual support bcz i simply do not care about all that other stuff you have to offer or talk about bcz i think it's simple trolling and a waste of my time and i already know a lot about psychology to know that it is limited.

"you think i need validation, that's true i need support and i admit it; doesn't everyone?"

"i think that you are a troll and that's your need and i respect it but plz respect me and do it on someone's else expense bcz i am here for support not for psychological analysis and empty debates"

and i think that you need help my friend, outside this forum bcz i think that you are using it as a tool for your own empty debates.

Ananda

Edited by - Ananda on Mar 20 2009 03:12:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  03:58:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda,

My language was a bit confused in that post. I certainly didn't mean to call you a troll. Forget about that.

All i wanted to know is why you want to validate your experiences. It seems to me that there are an infinite variety of different spiritual experiences people have and i've recently been thinking that it is pointless trying to classify them or get them validated because they belong to you only and only you really know whether they are truthful or not. Wouldn't you agree that only you know the truth of them to yourself?

Do you think that other people can validate your own spiritual experiences?

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  04:54:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
since you put it that way, i am sorry if my reply was harsh but as you know it isn't the result of a first time encounter between me and you.

and i agree with you, in the end one's own self is the highest judge on the subject.

but other people who have gone through the path b4 you can help you better understand where you are on the path or if you are taking any wrong turns.

do i need other people to validate my own spiritual experiences? the answer is No.

do i need spiritual support and insight every now and then? the answer is yes.

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  08:06:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,
Maybe these lessons will help:
Lesson 64 - Q&A – The ecstatic silver thread
Lesson 52 - Pranayama Q&A – Big little nerve

And at the forum:
Emergence of Side Channels in Spinal Breathing
A Question about Visualizing the Sushumna

Sounds like real good things are happening.
Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  09:22:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

and b4 i posted this subject at hand i was thinking that i should stop posting about my experiences in the forums

Hey Ananda,

Please don't stop posting them, not only do I enjoy reading about your experiences, the input is infinitely valuable to me as I try to manage my day-to-day practices/experiences

If a person can't feel comfortable coming here for spiritual support it defeats the whole purpose of the support forums.

Being a "householder" with a demanding full time job and a house full of young kids, this forum and all of the people on it have been a tremendous resource that has enabled me to pursue my spiritual evolution while holding down my "day job".

To be able to come here and commune/share/learn from/support/uplift/lean on others on the path from all over the world is an amazingly wonderful and powerful tool.

I think there is a process of personal spiritual unfoldment as well as a "collective" spiritual unfoldment, and this forum and everyone on it are contributing to the process.

So Ananda please continue to post away Much love to you brother

And Yogani, thanks once again for making all of this possible, the positive and far-reaching impact of the work that you are doing can't be overstated

Peace & Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  09:56:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

I would say, whatever you see is what you see. There are no right or wrongs. And you can bet it will change over time... everything does!

The only two colours I have seen inside my sushumna were white and red. Red at the heart and white coming down from the crown.

And I agree with paralax, this is an incredible resourse for yogi's all over the world. Some people don't like hearing about other's spiritual experiences, but then, they don't need to read about them.

Do they?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  11:43:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anada,
Incredible experience .

"it has become pretty big and alive and it seems to have thickened and widened in size"

It sounds like you are going deeper and having lot of purification,in my opinion,and thats great.

I think its purification of sushuma and scenary at the same time.Scenary shows you "pictures" that reflect the state of your actual yoga process.Its important i think,let the scenary goes for going ahead,but that experiences are the "fuel" for our sadhanna too, i think.

its incredible how powerfull is pranayama and how it works (after more than a year doing it (at other yoga teachings) i have had to stop doing it because it became so powerfull that now i cant manage it and i need lot of DM purification now (now that im doing ayp).).

Good look ananda.Im waiting for more experiences like this from you,others (and me..).Please share with us!

Edited by - miguel on Mar 20 2009 12:07:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  12:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"incredible resourse for yogi's all over the world. "

Yeahhh

"And Yogani, thanks once again for making all of this possible, the positive and far-reaching impact of the work that you are doing can't be overstated "

yes,thanks Yogani.

Edited by - miguel on Mar 20 2009 1:06:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  2:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda

First of all - thank you for sharing, your experience sounds beautiful and please don't stop posting whatever question there is....

Can't tell you how many times just the act of posting and asking questions in the forum has dissolved layers of "dust" here. So many helpful responses....and loving vibes....Just the very asking is sometimes enough to dissolve whatever it is that captures the attention ....what made it for a while look like there was favouring of content over context (space/love/shine)....but even this is noticed by THAT brother Ananda.....so at no times are you really "off" your Self....

It is so crucial.....that we through interacting with other resources of wisdom and insight......are turned back inwards in the natural letting go that happens when the tension around an unanswered question has....melted.....

Here.....many, many times.....I would think that it was the answers that satisfied me......but over the years.....and greatly helped by all the help and light received from this forum and the loving presence shining behind it all....yes Yogani (you are so young you are.....It is like this here....that it is seen that the satisfaction comes not from "the validation"......but rather from the calm that happens because a tension has been released. It is just like all the times I thought I was happy beacause I got what I wanted.....while as what it is is that I am naturally happy when there is no wanting.....funny that

It is crucial that I am allowed to keep asking.......since the greatest help is always from the ones whos answers facilitate the letting go.....

The "mark of beauty" your experience imbues your heart with.....this is it. I sense the beauty of your experience.....it is heartly nourishing.......thank you for that

We all are unique in the way we flow.....both towards God/Silence...and the way we pour out of him/her.......Our essence is always One.....but when One expresses as many.....it happens uniquely......we are all authentically original...

There has been a lot of pondering over this lately....because the implication.....of being unique in expressence (I know this is not in the dictionary.....*lol*)......here this implies that nowhere "out there"....will there ever be a validation of this unique expressence of I am.......there will be validations regarding the sameness of our essence....and all the different ways we are led towards our Self (our experiences).....but nowhere will we ever be "mirrored" out there when it comes to expressence.......

In seeing this......i become instantly unemlpoyed....out of a job.......because this is what the me is all about all the time....whether spiritual or not....the me will always seek confirmation of an image/idea....and this is always suffering...when indentified with...

While as in resession....*lol*.....this "poor" state....allows for immense love, clarity and joy.....all of which we sought when employed.....but only totally enjoy.....in total unemployment...

So Ananda.....please keep posting......questions or whatever....

And please keep enjoying what you are in expressence

It is very beautiful.

Go to Top of Page

Goddessinside

158 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  3:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Goddessinside's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine!

Today, that's exactly how I felt: totally unemployed!
I have a book to create though..
This unemployment state felt weird once again, but finally I did it!
I finished writing the first of the 3 Tree stories!
So, there's no better state as unemployment to find inspiration!

And Hi Ananda!
I am still "petite" on the path, but whatever you see, the most important thing is in which way it transforms you (or not)..

.Hugs.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  3:19:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Goddessinside

quote:
This unemployment state felt weird once again, but finally I did it!
I finished writing the first of the 3 Tree stories!

That's wonderful Hope I get to read it sometime :-)

quote:
So, there's no better state as unemployment to find inspiration!

Yes......*lol*.......to be spacious allows for infinite expressions to fly through....

May the book continue to write itself

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2009 :  2:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi all, i really appreciate all the support and pointers given.

sorry for not commenting on each post in a separate manner, and thk you for caring it shows what kind of people this beautiful community is really made of.

you have my gratitude!

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000