Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Visualisation vs Kinaesthetic practise
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  7:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I know I have read Yogani, I know he says to just go with whatever is easiest in terms of feeling/visualising the spinal nerve.

I have always found it difficult to visualise it, I can't work out if i am supposed to be just moving with it, following it with my virtual eyes, be inside the spinal column itself?

Anyway I find it easier just to feel the cold flow up and the warm flow down.

Trouble is, every so often i get the sneaking suspiscion I should really be visualisng that damned nerve and end up trying to do both at the same time.

I keep reading of finding yourself in a 'space' in the nerve itself. never knowingly experienced that so just keep to the practise. Breath in slowly and cold rushes up the spine, sometimes fast, sometimes slow, out to the brow which tingles and feels like there is a slight pressure. Sometimes it is a bit orgasmic. Then back down the spine as a warm current and back to the root.

It all feels fine and then I think.......silver nerve and sometimes I can for a while, but it gets a bit confused and I follow one or the other.

I know from the lessons that I should easily follow the easiest path, but it's that nagging doubt that needs reassurance because I have not experienced the inside of the spinal nerve or the great empty space.

I'm laughing at myself typing this.......because i know the answer really and just need a pat on the back.

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2009 :  12:11:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ive been doing visualization for two years and I still can't honestly say that SB has done a thing. The times it seems effective are the times that I just do my own thing which usually involved faster and shorter breaths and not so much focus on visualizing. Depends on the person, but I relate to the fixation on doing it a certain way.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2009 :  9:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am a poor visualizer as well. I have found that working with the bandhas helps me sense the feeling of teh breath going up and down the spine so that is what works for me at this stage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000