Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Inner silence?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  2:56:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Ive started to find something else beginning to take place during my meditations.

Sometimes I get these little gaps. It's like driving down a gravel road and then suddenly there is this gap as if I have reached a smooth bit of road for fractions of a second. It feels like gliding on ice or catching a wave, a fraction of a second when everything goes along with strong momentum and total silence.

This differs from previous experiences where I felt like I fell asleep for short periods of time. The difference is, I am aware this is happening and almost have control over it. It does not last long enough to get an idea of what it is and is sporadic, but it is happening more and more.

Is this the beginning of the rise of inner silence or am I way off?

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  3:23:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Your not way off that's it, your obviously doing everything right but don't try and control it and don't have any expectations of it when you go into meditation just carry on as doing your practices just as you are your doing great
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  4:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Richard

quote:

Your not way off that's it, your obviously doing everything right but don't try and control it and don't have any expectations of it when you go into meditation just carry on as doing your practices just as you are your doing great

Thanks for the encouragement. It's really difficult not to want to explore that tiny moment, but it goes away so fast and I suspect trying to control it will make it disappear anyway. I have no expectations, I learned that early on.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  4:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome experience Karl .

Yes it's an experience of inner silence, the gap.. Yogani explains it well in this lesson: Lesson 157 - Q&A – What is inner silence?

>"but it goes away so fast and I suspect trying to control it will make it disappear anyway."

Yes.. you have it.. trying to catch the moments of silence with the mind is like trying to catch a ray of sunshine.. you cannot catch it.. you can just relax and soak it up, enjoy it. The silence is us, the more we let go trying to get it the more we will get it.

Enjoy!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000