Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 the Shadow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2009 :  8:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear All,

A couple of days ago I said I couldn't find a post about manifesting our shadow. Well duh, it wasn't here at AYP. Sorry but it does pertain to what we have been going through so I want to share this with you. I have paraphrashed some of it but it applies so very much. It was written by someone quite wise.(not me) I also apologize for my own part in all of this. Love to all, Jill

"Where are we with this recent state (out of our latest, but
temporary, forum stress?

Do we see the blessings of our latest phase of un-foldment? The
persons, who as of late, have aggravated this forum (our latest
challenge - towards positive or negative resolution) was simply the
manifestation of our "shadow side"... inner work tends to address
resistance, as much as flow, and when we have a person that comes
in and simply fights against all input we are dealing with our
collective pain body. The Path promotes this because sometimes this is a very vital aspect of our growth. We can't fake our funk and every so often a cleansing is in order. Get it, family? Own up!!!

Sometimes, when we take in good stuff (so to speak) the result is an exteriorization or manifestation of our shadow.

Hmm, please don't leave the list, because I have watched you for a while and you're a valuable part of this lists process....so please don't pull out... remain stable and support the inner workings of this family... There is much love here and you know it.

Let your inner Intelligence provide a more practical resolution than
abandonment. This is just my affectioned suggestion to you but please receive me as a fearless friend who is filled with "Light" for you.... Bring it on! and not off.... please?"

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  02:34:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jill,

quote:
Dear All,

A couple of days ago I said I couldn't find a post about manifesting our shadow. Well duh, it wasn't here at AYP. Sorry but it does pertain to what we have been going through so I want to share this with you. I have paraphrashed some of it but it applies so very much. It was written by someone quite wise.(not me) I also apologize for my own part in all of this. Love to all, Jill

"Where are we with this recent state (out of our latest, but
temporary, forum stress?

Do we see the blessings of our latest phase of un-foldment? The
persons, who as of late, have aggravated this forum (our latest
challenge - towards positive or negative resolution) was simply the
manifestation of our "shadow side"... inner work tends to address
resistance, as much as flow, and when we have a person that comes
in and simply fights against all input we are dealing with our
collective pain body. The Path promotes this because sometimes this is a very vital aspect of our growth. We can't fake our funk and every so often a cleansing is in order. Get it, family? Own up!!!

Sometimes, when we take in good stuff (so to speak) the result is an exteriorization or manifestation of our shadow.

Hmm, please don't leave the list, because I have watched you for a while and you're a valuable part of this lists process....so please don't pull out... remain stable and support the inner workings of this family... There is much love here and you know it.

Let your inner Intelligence provide a more practical resolution than
abandonment. This is just my affectioned suggestion to you but please receive me as a fearless friend who is filled with "Light" for you.... Bring it on! and not off.... please?"

What a beautiful post, and so very pertinent at this time! Thanks for sharing it.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  09:40:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jillatay,

Thank you very much for posting this, as Christi said very beautiful and it rings very true.

I have always found (sometimes in retrospect, sometimes in the moment), that all of the challenging events/circumstances/people that I have encountered in my life were all there to help me. To help me see the thought/behaviour patterns in myself that I needed to work on or the ideas that I have been attached to or to teach me patience or empathy or compassion. Sent by the inner guru to illuminate something in myself that needed to be addressed/improved.

What I typically find is that its not the external events/circumstances/people that needed to change, but rather my reactions to them.

And I have also found that those events/circumstances/people that were causing me angst needed me too for their own reasons, and that we were brought together in a teacher-student, student-teacher sort of relationship (if that makes any sense) that ultimately served both sides in a "synergistic" sort of way

I suppose groups like these operate in the same way. Everyone on this site is immensely valuable...I have learned so much from all of you and I appreciate each one of you

Peace & Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  09:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps it is all a by-product of our "collective purification" ???
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  6:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

And I have also found that those events/circumstances/people that were causing me angst needed me too for their own reasons, and that we were brought together in a teacher-student, student-teacher sort of relationship (if that makes any sense) that ultimately served both sides in a "synergistic" sort of way

Thanks for reminding me how once a good counselor told me when you need to say "no" to someone, the other person needs to hear "no" That has been great lesson.

Love,
Jill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000