Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Shuichuan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2009 :  10:05:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
http://www.shuichuan.com/

I began taking this online course, from Elisabeth in New Zealand, back in November/December. It has really helped me, and is a complete system of spirituality. It provides a gentle, yet fast, healing, harmonizing, balanced and grounded progression into stillness. In other words - I like it.

There are many kinds of practices in the course, but the core is zi fa gong (spontaneous qigong) and da zuo (being aware of the "energy" (the current of being), without moving). Another great thing is that you learn wai qi healing (emitting from the hands).

It's not necessarily an in depth course, and it's mostly for self learning. You're given the very basics in email and then you practice and 'digest' the info for yourself. Elisabeth really puts time into writing the emails...kind of like Yogani and the main lessons.

The practices can be challenging. For instance, there is an exercise where you hold a cup of tea, and use intent to have the energy move the cup to your mouth, instead of using your will and muscles to move it! I still haven't been able to do that one. It's a matter of letting go of the mind, which at least for me is very tough and sometimes frustrating...but everything comes in its due time with continued practice of zi fa gong.

The spontaneous qigong is done standing up in a relaxed and loose way. It's very calming!

It's not my intention to recruit more people into the course, since I think Elisabeth is busy enough. It takes up more of her time so she has less time to write me emails. But it seems right to share what I've been doing, especially when I like it so much.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000