Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Sahaja Yoga?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  09:09:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings to all!

One of my friends made me aware of a Sahaja Yoga Meditation class being offered my area. As my AYP practice is going well, I am inclined to simply stay the course with what I am doing. However:

1. I always enjoy a group meditation dynamic and
2. Any practice that claims to awaken kundalini is interesting to me.

Can anyone elaborate on Sahaja Yoga? Possibly compare/contrast it to AYP? Does anyone have any experiences (good or bad) with Sahaja Yoga that you would care to share?

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  1:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you google sahaja yoga and cult you will find a lot of pages with warnings about the organisation written by former members
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  11:37:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  05:23:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I too joined sahaja yoga for sometime for the same reason as u solo..I like anything about kundalini. But I just learned their method and don't go nowdays. I know one of my freind who was doing sahaja yoga she i guess had kundalini awakening it was so brutul and she had some treatment with doctors. Here They teach to concentrate on crown just some feet above the crown..I feel its dangerous and thats when I don't wanna do this. With any such organisation I just learn the method but basically don't follow the guru blindly as everyone in the group does. At some point they make you do things like asking to pray to the guru as God(in many organisation)which I actually don't like. Thats when I found Yogani's site and it made feel at home since he says Guru is in you(which I always feel that way)I also feel if you follow a guru/organization blindly you will cease to do any progress in your spiritual path and sometimes these Guru's/organizations can create a deep hurt and dent in you.But I am not all against them but I do have gratitude for what they are doing for others and giving the world profound knowledge regarding spirutal stuffs.

Lots of Love and Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  05:34:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I also think one should not allow to exploit oneself just like that. Thats why we see many people so called long term disciples of some any organisations like satya sai baba,sahaja yoga and others just turn against their own Guru I guess its becaz without doubt they just blindly follow them and expect so many things out of them. And many of these gurus keep the devotees in dark when they are supposed to show light and its possible becaz these devotees fall blindly head over heels.When the spark(attribute) of God is within each one of us and when we have all tools to be enlightened and to grow spitiually then why go and fall on someone's feet and blind to all?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000