Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Cleansing, headaches and self pacing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  8:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My practice has been going well for a number of months now. I am in a pretty heavy duty cleansing cycle presently and started to get those mind numbing headaches that I would imagine a few of you have had. When these come, they sometimes keep me in bed all day.

I decided to scale back the practice to 1 buddhist breath meditation a day and one 20 minutes session of I AM mantra meditation (no spinal breathing,chin pump, YMK or anything else). I want my nervouse system to get acclimated and maybe slow down the cleansing process just a tad. I can't afford to miss time from the office going though another cleansing cycle like I did when my Kundalini first started rising. The last time the headaches came was before I started doing AYP and I had to take a prescription antidepressant to help counter the headaches.

I do wish to get back to a more advanced practice but probably need to wait a few weeks to even months. Question: when I ramp back up my practice, do you think it would be best to slowly add steps back in, kind of like starting over? Or better to jump back in where I left off?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  10:03:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
do you think it would be best to slowly add steps back in, kind of like starting over? Or better to jump back in where I left off?

Step back. Not necessarily at the pace you added practices to begin with, but definitely add them back in slowly.

Also, I know you did not ask for help on your headaches, but have you tried chiropractic treatments? I used to have such headaches, but after about a year of chiropractic care, my headaches have diminished by a lot.

Also you can try this technique posted by Jim http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=3300#28251 .

And finally, try Jala Neti (Nasal Wash). Keeping the sinuses clean help reduce the frequency of headaches. And right when you feel the headache coming on, do neti a few times.. this sometimes makes the headache go away before it gets worse.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  10:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Solo.

Shanti has several good ideas. I may have had a similar experience to you. A few years ago, I modified my practices too quickly and got headaches that were pretty brutal, for days. I actually did take one step back, for several days and very slowly added back time and then practice modifications. In my particular case, it was all that was needed.

light and love,

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  08:24:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both for these replies

It's funny that intuitively I was doing something related to both of your suggestions Shanti.

1. Opening the front channel/grounding. The Kunlun Nei Gung pose accomplishes this. I have been playing around with it a tad.

2. I don't have a Neti Pot, but I do use a Nasal salt solution that I spray in my nostrils to help clear the sinuses.

As always, I really appreciate your input. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000