Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Involuntary Bhatrika and more
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tamasomajyotirgamaya

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  2:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit tamasomajyotirgamaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Thank God I stumbled upon this website! I was initiated by someone back in India. The experience was very simple. I was told to sit in his meditation room while he went out with his dog for a walk. Suddenly it seemed like I was hit with something on the forehead. I immediately was forced to be lying down - as if Shavasana. I do not notice anything spectacular during those 25-30 minutes. Anyways, since then whenever I sit in the lotus pose (usually before I go to sleep in my bed), I am gradually forced to lie down. If I try not to lie down, my head will be bent so much towards the rear that my neck will be be hurting. Once I involuntarily lie down, pranayama starts without any effort. It keeps going. It starts with deep breathing in and out and then will go to one of the bandhs. Now very recently following has started to happen. I will breath in so much as if I think my lungs are going to explode. At the full capacity, pulsation of very short breathing starts. Then normal deep breathing happens for 4 - 8 times. Now this whole cycle repeats a several times. In between I will experience some mild electric impulses over the heart. Next day morning I feel that I have not slept well and have some overall weakness.

Is this all normal? Since every bit happens involuntarily, should I try to do anything different?

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  3:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tamasomajyotigamaya and welcome to the AYP forums...

Here's my take on this...

You received Shaktipat in India and it awakened your kundalini. Now when you sit for meditation (in lotus posture) "automatic yoga" happens. You can read a lesson on that here: http://www.aypsite.org/210.html
and here is a link to the FAQ on Automatic Yoga:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2231
There are many links within this one that will help.

You will be ok. Have a read through this stuff and let us know if you have any more questions. Good luck!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

tamasomajyotirgamaya

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  4:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit tamasomajyotirgamaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply. It is helpful.

So then, from the experience of others, is it ideal not to interject any of the other pranayama thru voluntary action during the time that I am experiencing "automatic pranayama"? What are the markers that the meditation is progressing in the right track? I am not necessarily looking to hasten the progress but would like to know next in development what to expect. And overall question to all is, what is the general opinion on the destination?

Om Tat Sat!
Go to Top of Page

tamasomajyotirgamaya

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  09:00:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit tamasomajyotirgamaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Found the progress milestones/markers post.

http://www.aypsite.org/35.html

Om Tat Sat
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  11:09:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here ia another one:
Lesson 85 - Q&A – Enlightenment milestones revisited

You will enjoy this lesson:
Lesson 204 - Summary of principles, abilities, and practices

Also go to the topic index and look at the lessons under "Enlightenment Milestones".

Edited by - Shanti on Mar 07 2009 11:15:52 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000