How long did it take you?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  10:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. Anthony,

Just a thought. The you that you are so hard on and think there is something wrong with is not you. If that doesn't make sense to you reread the intro to ET's Power of Now.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  10:51:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yogibear,

During spinal breathing I do not feel much, even after 2 years. My mind gets in the way a lot, and I am becoming more aware of that. I overanalyze the process of "tracing" the spinal nerve. Sometimes if I can muster enough silence I just percieve the channel, no matter how vague...and I feel relaxed and sometimes feel "akasha" in that area, but no prcievable energy movement. I couldnt tell you where I have blockages or what a solar plexus feels like...nothin! I just do it anyway and hope that energy follows attention and that it is doing something in spite of my hardheadedness.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  7:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's normal that you don't feel much with spinal breathing pranayama solely. Perhaps you have felt the first 1-2 days something and then it left. Feeling comes in contrast, so to feel something you need some kind of friction. When you sit right now, you don't feel the air around you. Move your hand in a faster way in the air and you feel it. For the sake of feeling something, there is much you can do. It's another question if this is needed or of any help for your longterm benefit.

In my opinion it's important to feel something, even if it is just periodically. I would even encourage everyone to push it hard, even if it is a one timer in life, but to get to know that energy is really flowing. The step from beliving to really experiencing is -at least for me- most important.

You can walk your whole life and say, I don't feel any warmth in my body, I don't know why people speak about hurting legs. Okay, let's believe them, perhaps my body is getting warm too or my legs hurt too but I just don't feel it. If you have this faith and can go with a believe to the end, you are blesed somewhat else. This is fine as it is perhaps the fastest way of all. On the other side I see it even as an advantage to run with fullforce even if it's just for a short time. Oh yeah, I can feel my heart, I have a heart.. wow it's beating, I don't have to believe it anymore, it's real. Yeah no one wants to end up like John Wilder =) But I even like to have some energy overloads if they are bearable. It reminds me, hey, something is happening, you are doing fine.

Sometimes it can also be a hint, that you can increase what you are doing. And what you are doing so far found its limit in effectively working. You can walk all your life for 20 minutes. It will surely make you fit and fine and the effects will also accumulate over the months and years. But you will never be able to walk like someone who has increased it to 30 or 40 minutes or even to one hour. Even if that someone didn't walk for so many years, he will surpass and have fitness advantage in this manner. That's the fine point in yoga, that you don't need to push it solely in meditation time, but can bring in some additional power supply through mula bandha, sambhavi mudra and kumbhakka. Kundalini will show you the energy pathways and all the chakras and even unending more. Don't be afraid to wake her up more, she is like your mum who is cleaning up the house. Thank you all mothers out there doing this beautiful cleaning work :). Time for us men to help too :).
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  09:34:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony,

I admire you sticking with it inspite of having little energy perception and wanting it. A lot of people would give up. And I hope you stick with it because got away from it when I was your age and wish I hadn't.

What you can rely on for now is that other people here do have energy experience and they have the same basic design and potential for inner experience as you have. What is different is Karma.

Doing meditation and spinal breathing and other AYP practices is karma and will produce desired results sooner or later. It is just the law.

One thought came to mind. I don't know if it will be of help to you or not, but I will put it out there for you.

When you do relaxation, just simply be there and simply let go of your muscles, nerves and breath. Feel your body. Let the sensations of you body flow up to you.

It is very simple and you could call it witnessing the body. It is more of a passive practice. When I do this I feel my body is buzzing with energy.

I often do this when I am dozing in bed in the morning. What ever position it is in, I let go of my normal grip on my body and just feel it. Once I have done this for a bit, I become aware of areas of residual tension that are at a deeper level and more chronic. Then I focus on releasing these tensions. They are a bit more stubborn than the surface level tensions. And I am not successful in releasing them totally. However the attempt to do so is deeply relaxing and stress reducing.

This focused awareness is interspersed with periods of simple witnessing, pasting and futuring of the mind and returning to the present. It is all very easy does it, except when the mind is hard at work.

But once you notice that is happening you simply return to body awareness and presence. The nice thing about body awareness is that it is always now.

Sometimes there is more mindiness than awareness. Oh well.

In addition to cultivating energy awareness, it is also helpful in helping to see the relationship between physical tension and mental resistance.

There is more to it, but that is something you can do in the morning, when you are falling asleep at nite or when you have time for a catnap during the day, if you are interested and aren't doing this already.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  10:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have kept up my practices, yogibear. In fact, I have resumed Samyama (I only do 3 sutras at a time though) and added Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka. I have experienced some coolness on the third-eye at different times and have experienced a very faint feeling of arousal during chin-lock and when I am focused on the third-eye. Nothing serious and maybe I'm imagining it...but I am simply too stubborn to not do practices, ya know :-)
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  12:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent advice YB. I like that between waking and napping place too. It has much potential for exploration.

Love,
Jill
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  1:14:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you want to percieve energy clearly, read Robert Bruce's Energy Work
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  1:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did not realize the book was already recommended on the first page.
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  09:17:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony,

quote:
but I am simply too stubborn to not do practices, ya know :-)

Well, that being the case, I am confident that down the road you will be reporting increasingly clear and distinct energy perception, not to mention ever increasing inner silence. I just don't see how it cannot happen.

Hi Jillatay,

quote:
I like that between waking and napping place too. It has much potential for exploration.

Yes, it is a favorite place and there is much uncharted territory to map out, so to speak. Enjoy.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000