Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Sambhavi question and clarification
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  11:28:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I have this question regarding Sambhavi mudra..it says close your eyes..but when iam forrowing and moving my eyeballs to the centre,I feel its difficult to close the eyes..or Am I doing it all wrong? I feel it fine without closing my eyes!

Love and Light
Viji

Edited by - vijikr on Feb 09 2009 11:34:46 AM

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  11:43:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Viji!

No, you are doing it right. In sambhavi mudra your eyes will likely NOT fully shut, at least not at first if at all. The eyelids will often "flutter" as well. When my wife sees me in sambhavi she says I look ultra creepy. Oh well...what can you do? It feels damn fine! Haha, you are fine.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  12:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namasthe Carson,

Oh Thank God I am doing it right. Yup my hubby also saw me in Sambhavi mudra and he was telling me close the curtain and do it as he was telling me I look like one who escaped from asylum lol
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  1:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha....Glad I'm not the only one scaring my partner! I remember one time slipping into meditation on an airplane and my wife constantly nudging me asking me to stop Sambhavi cause she was sure the stewardesses were about to bring the "paddles" over to bring me back to life! I guess I look dead when meditating in sambhavi. I thought my eyes were closed! I took a picture of myself doing it one time just so I could see what I look like and yeah.....it looks scary. So....I guess we just got to put up with looking like zombies or deal with meditating in the closet. I've come to accept both. Haha. Good luck.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2009 :  10:43:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We ppl who practice yoga and mediation guess have to be careful otherwise we would be labelled Zombies lol..thanx for all the help CarsonZi.

Love and Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

sushman

India
86 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  12:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit sushman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i think shambavi should be done in a subtle manner rather than physically. Initially, i used to do it physically furrowing my eyes to some extent. Later i realized that the furrowing is not required...just the mental intention and focus on the 3rd eye area....not sure i am explaining right. its like furrowing your eyes mentally without the physical movement of the eyes...i think it comes with practice.

For example, try to focus on 3rd eye with eyes open without physical furrowing..i think you will feel it.

So, if you are not doing it physically, you eyes won't be open...atleast thats what I think...i have not looked at myself or photographed myself while in shambavi
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  09:49:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson and Viji,

this was quite an issue for me, since I often spend hours and hours on a bus, or a plane, with my colleagues. This can be tricky, because a have to work with them, and as you know, not everyone does yoga....
But I found a solution Large noise-cancelling headphones + sunglasses
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  11:36:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi sushman,

Yes you are right and in time it won't be physical thing..but since i am a beginner I have no other choice but to do it that way but now days I am feeling this pulse in my third eye but its not exactly in between the eyebrows but bit slightly above. I also noticed whenever I am reading anything thats spiritual books or forum for that matter I could literally feel this third eye pulsing. Anybody got this similar kind of experiences?

hey mimirom I just fell of the chair laughing but hey thats a really good idea I'll surely go for it!

Lots of Love and Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  6:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Viji,

quote:
I also noticed whenever I am reading anything thats spiritual books or forum for that matter I could literally feel this third eye pulsing. Anybody got this similar kind of experiences?

Yes, similar. I experience recently a rather strong pressure/forward pull in that area (for me maybe slightly below the eyebrows) + a few times it grew into auto sambhavi. It happens in deep meditation though. I expect these kinds of reactions to occur more often in the future, as I'll hopefully advance, also during the day. I've been through a deep healing/purifying trance lately, and being hyper-sensitive a few days after it, things like automatic movements were easily triggered, also outside meditation. I see this as something positive, a good sign of progress.

Roman

P.s.: The good news is, that one can use sunglasses also in the public library
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000