Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Is everything in you?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shredder

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  1:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shredder's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I understand everything you need is in you, and yoga can make it accessible to you. I used to think that after meditating you could reach another level or tap into the superconsciousness. I always thought of superconsciousness as kind of a information super highway like a souped up Internet that an enlightened one could tap into, a place or current or something that held all intelligence,or is all intelligence, now I'm not so sure what is in me and what is out of me but available to me. I do believe the inner silence is in me and available to me, and this is my main goal. Is this superconsciousness? Is there something beyond my body/mind/soul? Is this God? Or is everything, including God in me? I apologize in advance if some think this questioning is too mindy.....shredder

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  2:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shredder,

I don't have answers for you, only suggestions....

I suggest that you suspend your idea that "after meditating you could reach another level or tap into the superconsciousness" and release these questions "Is this superconsciousness? Is there something beyond my body/mind/soul? Is this God? Or is everything, including God in me?" into the silence.
Thinking this way will only serve to keep you from reaching That. Let go of the idea that meditation will "take you anywhere" and it will take you everywhere. Just a suggestion and it probably isn't very helpful but it's all I got. Perhaps I should have stayed silent. Sorry.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Feb 05 2009 2:13:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shredder

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  3:01:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shredder's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Carson, good advice.
I let the questions go into the silence yesterday during meditation, today I realize the question is not really valid. Because I was thinking of personal boundaries, like my skin separates me from whatever, I'm now thinking those boundaries are an illusion, I'm not so separate as I thought, just a part of one or everything.
Still not sure if superconsciousness is inner silence, but I suspect it is just semantics or terminology.........shredder
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  3:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed...very good. Much of what is "argued" about on forums like AYP and thetaobums is semantics (IMO) based on different perspectives of the same concepts. Best to just let go of the words and dwell in the experience. Best of luck, you are doing well.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Feb 06 2009 3:19:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  8:23:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogananda wrote about superconsciousness. If I remember right, I think he said your consciousness could move outside your body, and encompass anything and everything. I think it is like Patanjali wrote where meditating on an object, you become that object, and superconsciousness would be the ability to do that easily with everything. For instance, you could experience being the whole planet.
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  6:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cling to nothing whatsoever. Float in space.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000