New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  11:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

aum

Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahamsa Yogananda conveys an ancient blessing. The blessings of Maha Avatar Babaji as Presence is felt simply by reading this wonderful book that is an initiation itself.

Tapasyogi Kalathi Adiyen Nandhi began his intense pilgrimages through caves and wilderness of South India after his death experience that was a Siva Siddhar initiation. Awake to the inner fire, he meditated intensely on Babaji through many years. Gradually Babaji revealed Himself as the Ancient Guru to Gurus- Dakshinamurthy and as Lord Muruga, the Son of Source. Nandhi felt Babaji as the inner most joy- "ananda", the pure form of bliss.

Nandhi wished to paint Babaji and he set this intent as he began fasting for 14 days during Mahasivrathri. Babaji revealed His Presence on the 12th day. He simply took over and the painting was done!

This vision is for humanity as gift of the Siddhar Masters who seek to be the vibrant reality we can absorb to BE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PekYplN32Fw

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  01:57:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sacred nandhi,

Thank you for a lovely video! Funny, that little note about the celebration 23rd of Feb caught my attention... it's this body's birthday! I will truly celebrate the guru within then!

The book, An autobiography of a Yogi, is truly powerful. Since I bought it I have only been able to read a few pages now and then, because of the intensity streaming from it. Yet, I have this voice calling in my mind all the time:

- Read the book!

- Read the book!

I thank you for encouraging me to buy the book, nandhi! Whenever I think about Paramahansa Yogananda I get these really strong energy surges through the body. I guess it's Babaji behind him too...

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  07:44:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and my favorite, Sri Yukteswar, Yogananda's guru
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  08:02:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Nandhi.
Very inspiring.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  10:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Autobiography of a Yogi is the book that brought me indirectly to AYP. A long time druggie friend of mine turned his life around after reading it (ended up becoming a direct disciple of Yogiraj Bikram Choudhury and opening up a Bikram studio under his guidance.... FYI, Bikram learned yoga from Paramahansa's brother, Bishnu Ghosh) and sent me a copy in the middle of last year. The book opened me up to new possibilities I had never even considered before in my quest for God/union with God. Within a couple of months of reading the book I was practicing AYP full time. God works in mysterious and wonderful ways.

Love,
Carson

P.S. thanks for the inspiring post Nandhi!

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 30 2009 12:04:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  11:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Funny talking about this book here.

I have a digital copy of it resting in my computer for some time now and haven't had the courage to start, been putting it off for sometime (also because it means I have to spend more time in the computer hehehe). Not sure why but somehow feel I am not ready for it yet maybe (maybe a bit like emc feels). But now, all this talk about it, makes me want to start it! There must be something special about this book...

P.S.: I started reading the book...

Edited by - YogaIsLife on Jan 31 2009 06:40:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  12:24:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This was the first book i read about yoga and it blew my mind. Changed my life. Got me meditating! Have had loads of "coincidences" with Yogananda related things. Unfortunately Yogananda didn't pen the book but SRF would have you believe otherwise. Nevertheless, he said he put his vibrations in it and you can feel it when you read it. I definitely recommend this book.
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  01:04:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

sacred nandhi,

Thank you for a lovely video! Funny, that little note about the celebration 23rd of Feb caught my attention... it's this body's birthday! I will truly celebrate the guru within then!

The book, An autobiography of a Yogi, is truly powerful. Since I bought it I have only been able to read a few pages now and then, because of the intensity streaming from it. Yet, I have this voice calling in my mind all the time:

- Read the book!

- Read the book!

I thank you for encouraging me to buy the book, nandhi! Whenever I think about Paramahansa Yogananda I get these really strong energy surges through the body. I guess it's Babaji behind him too...

divine emc, good to connect again with you! many happy though belated, wishes for the transforming magical moments ahead of you- the siddhar blessings in the book autobiography of a yogi was definitely the intent of babaji, paramahamsa yogananda and all the awake masters to enable our deepest seeking!

all in the sacredness of these times!
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  01:06:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Thanks Nandhi.
Very inspiring.

gratitude divine shanti! gratitude to the all of those who inspire us!
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  01:19:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Autobiography of a Yogi is the book that brought me indirectly to AYP. A long time druggie friend of mine turned his life around after reading it (ended up becoming a direct disciple of Yogiraj Bikram Choudhury and opening up a Bikram studio under his guidance.... FYI, Bikram learned yoga from Paramahansa's brother, Bishnu Ghosh) and sent me a copy in the middle of last year. The book opened me up to new possibilities I had never even considered before in my quest for God/union with God. Within a couple of months of reading the book I was practicing AYP full time. God works in mysterious and wonderful ways.

Love,
Carson

P.S. thanks for the inspiring post Nandhi!

divine carson, thank you for sharing your experience with this book. this book is an ancient thread of wisdom that now blossoms in our readiness to be awake as in the flow of higher consciousness. as an initiation that dissolves the past to bring forward the crisp endless possibilities, the fire is deep seeking is lit, thanks to these sages! thank you for your words!
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  01:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by YogaIsLife

Funny talking about this book here.

I have a digital copy of it resting in my computer for some time now and haven't had the courage to start, been putting it off for sometime (also because it means I have to spend more time in the computer hehehe). Not sure why but somehow feel I am not ready for it yet maybe (maybe a bit like emc feels). But now, all this talk about it, makes me want to start it! There must be something special about this book...

you are lucky! one delicious journey before you!
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  01:25:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

and my favorite, Sri Yukteswar, Yogananda's guru

it is amazing how each master literally 'duplicate' themselves into being the energy field of the disciple and in the end, sri lahiri mahasay, sri yukteswar, sri paramahamsa yogananda, babaji and all in between and connected come into the oneness to be the sacred momentum of flow!

aum
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  09:59:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For those who radiate waves of compassionate energy into the cosmos, many beings come to attend, praise, teach, and pay alms. For those who are entering the path, carry on, many very real blessings await.

Love,

TMS
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2009 :  12:00:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
beautiful blessings, mystic seeker!

all as awake grace,

aum
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  09:11:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Vanakkam Nandhi,

Yes I totally agree with you when you say that the book is an ancient blessing.

Like Gumpi, I too got to know about this book through a friend he sent me this ebook and believe me when i read this it just blew me and changed my perception over many things in life and spiritually too.

This book did something to me which in turn made me search within. Previously I used to read vivekanda's books but there I didn't find how to do meditation in particular. Then some how my world turned upside down and I became more inclined towards "search within" after my younger brother passed away(heart attack)..his death did something to me that I could no longer take it and I started to hear this OM or gush sound inside my ears and that when i started meditating.To make the story short(I did have other beautiful experiences)I ended up doing yoga and Meditation and then suddenly found this site of Yogani which is really a gift to anyone who wanted to take Journey Within.

Yep Carson God does works in mysterious and wonderful ways!

WIth Lots of Love and Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  7:45:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vijikr

Vanakkam Nandhi,

Yes I totally agree with you when you say that the book is an ancient blessing.

Like Gumpi, I too got to know about this book through a friend he sent me this ebook and believe me when i read this it just blew me and changed my perception over many things in life and spiritually too.

This book did something to me which in turn made me search within. Previously I used to read vivekanda's books but there I didn't find how to do meditation in particular. Then some how my world turned upside down and I became more inclined towards "search within" after my younger brother passed away(heart attack)..his death did something to me that I could no longer take it and I started to hear this OM or gush sound inside my ears and that when i started meditating.To make the story short(I did have other beautiful experiences)I ended up doing yoga and Meditation and then suddenly found this site of Yogani which is really a gift to anyone who wanted to take Journey Within.

WIth Lots of Love and Light
Viji

vannakam viji!

thank you for sharing your beautiful experiences! yes, the ancient intent reveals itself first s miracles to lead us towards the path of light that then enables each moment to be a miracle- feeding us with valuable insights each moment to enable union with source. gratitude to yogani for the selfless givings.

currently traveling through india- in sivakasi, about 60 km away from where you live! will be starting my pilgrimage this thursday towards the siddhar bhoomi- pavanassam, kutralam, pothigai hills.

so grateful for the blessings of the journey and our shared breath!

nandhi

Go to Top of Page

Neptune

99 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  10:28:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Neptune's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Autobiography of a Yogi was first published in 1946, 63 years ago. It's a surprise to find out there are still people around who are only now discovering it for the first time.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  10:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some of us aren't that old

Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2009 :  01:12:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Neptune

Autobiography of a Yogi was first published in 1946, 63 years ago. It's a surprise to find out there are still people around who are only now discovering it for the first time.

aum

neptune, what a surprise to know time and what it holds as the crisp new for each in each moment! did you enjoy the sacred essence of its joy when you read it 63 years ago?
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2009 :  01:13:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Some of us aren't that old

so true! even age could be timeless in the now!:)
Go to Top of Page

senthil

India
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  07:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit senthil's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear nandi, are you still in Tamil nadu?

it would be really nice to meet you in person.
i am based out of chennai.
Go to Top of Page

rajasanthi

India
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  06:03:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit rajasanthi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have come to know abt Mahavathar babaji through a film by rajini kanth "Baba" in south india.The idea towards the self or consciousness or enlightenment whatsoever has in my thoughts during my childhood. i used to meditate without any guidance with "OM" mantra...years have passed after i came to know abt babaji...suddenly all my ideas turned towards him.as i came to know abt mediation and its inner meaning by friends,books etc. one day i went to a temple where i saw a mediation hall.i went inside it.there are paintings of all the gurus and mahavathar babaji too.i sat and started meditaing there sitting below his painting.but i have to leave that place immediately due to my karate master is leaving.i came from there.after three months one night in my dream i had a vision of that place again.i have seen babaji's painting and started meditating there.....i woke up after some time and found it was a dream....after that many times i used to ask him for initiation....but no chance....after 3 months later again i had a dream.....this was no ordinary dream according to me....i was going along with some friend of mine on the road .we came across a shiva temple...he said"Lets go into temple". i said"no, i am not interested in worshiping statues and stone.appo deepo bava".then my friend said"then stay here i will go and come back.".i said ok.after some time i went inside the temple casually.am going inside exploring each and every corner.i donno why am i doing so....i was like i am watching my self separate from my body...suddenly i came across a place in temple where i found 7 saints sitting in a circle meditating.In the center i have noticed babaji .i felt very happy to see him there. and immediately i was abt to speak something.i donno why did i stop.i was going in an opposite direction from him...very far..where i could not see him physically....i have come to a place where i could see nothing only the ground with sand.i sat there and started meditating.immediately babaji said me do meditation.this the way to meet me. i woke up and i remembered what have i seen in my vision. after that i meditated more and more.due to some worldly things i came back to the material world and desires again with knowing that what am doing is not real.after four years this month suddenly i have changed again with more and more intensity as it raised me to leave everything and join in a "sath sang".i feel like i got some grip over my senses.i came to know abt kriya yoga. please guide me.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  07:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Rajasanthi,

If you are interested in Kriya Yoga, I suggest you write to The Yogoda Satsanga Society in ranchi, founded by Yogansnda during his lifetime, and dedicated to teaching Kriya Yoga at almost no cost.Their address is given in "Autobiography of a Yogi".
I have done a comparison of Ayp's and Yogoda's teachings, and have found AYP's very good, incorporating the most effective practices of Kriya Yoga, and leaving out a lot of "theory", which, in Yogoda's lessons, takes up a year before they start you on the real Kriyas. If you are a young person, then I would suggest you subscribe to Yogoda, but start AYP straight away.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  07:44:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Viji, Nandhi,

Have you heard of the Nava Nada Siddhars? I recently met a real living siddhar, who is a follower of these Nava Nada Siddhars, and had a very interesting experience.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  07:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi rashanti.

you experiences are beautiful and a real blessing.
Babajis presence is really powerful and he is a generous master.He works from the silence and is very discreet.It is said that Babaji lives in etheric body in this world,with a few disciples around.in bradinath..he was born in tamil nadu,in paranghipetai...
Before getting in to ayp,i fallowed his paith via babajis kriya yoga teachings.I found the teachings amazing and there are seminars in India also.

This is the english main page of babajis kriya yoga,in Canada:

http://www.babajiskriyayoga.net/english/home.htm

Good luk. Jai Babaji!

PS-AYP use the same tools that kriya yoga path.Maybe some little differences,but works with very close simmilar main tools.

Edited by - miguel on Jun 12 2009 08:09:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

rajasanthi

India
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  08:33:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit rajasanthi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanx to krcqimpro1 and miguel...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000